Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66030 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #600 on: December 14, 2012, 06:32:37 pm »

Frankly I sometimes think that this game would be better if it cost $200 to start an empire and there were 4 preexisting empires controlled by the devs.

Still, I agree that being a free trader or exploration ship for some big empire would be fun...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 14, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »

Frankly I sometimes think that this game would be better if it cost $200 to start an empire and there were 4 preexisting empires controlled by the devs.

Still, I agree that being a free trader or exploration ship for some big empire would be fun...

Fuck no!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #602 on: December 14, 2012, 07:39:44 pm »

I just don't like having 1000 players in 997 empires.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 15, 2012, 12:52:21 pm »

I agree. I think that should this game ever go commercial(in a MOSTLY FINISHED, PLAYABLE STATE, of course), a good F2P idea would be for free players being restricted to joining pre-existing empires.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 15, 2012, 02:35:15 pm »

I agree. I think that should this game ever go commercial(in a MOSTLY FINISHED, PLAYABLE STATE, of course), a good F2P idea would be for free players being restricted to joining pre-existing empires.

Race creation would make sense, i would still like to be able to seperate from my empire though. Like if you are awesome nuff in some way you can create your own flag and seperate from the empire.
Like rebels or some shit like that.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 15, 2012, 08:36:55 pm »

There needs to be a better way of communicating, if they go the path of forcing one to join an empire.

I got a group of people from a forum I'm a part of, and we played together quite well in Haven and Hearth. We tried for Hazeron, and communication was a big challenge for everyone. Too many chat tabs, and no easy way of communicating if you are in a different sector. There are ways, yes (tabs for alliance)...but everyone except me and someone else, knew how it worked. And even then, they kept going to wrong chat tabs. With haven and hearth, it was much easier.

Maybe it is the UI itself, and not the communication. Maybe both go hand in hand.

If they don't change that, then I would very highly disagree that people are forced to join an alliance.

Also, I don't want to join some random alliance I don't want to be a part of at all. And griefing would be extremely rampant (I can already imagine how easy it would be to grief people). I want to pick and choose who I am with, not be aligned with some random people.

On the plus side, it could open the way for much bigger conflicts...less empires...but bigger empires. Still, empires seem like "guilds"...and if I played an MMO where I was forced to choose between a few guilds and nothing else...I just wouldn't play it.

One could do what MMOs do with guilds (that have a minimum amount of people required to make it)...if an empire doesn't have a certain amount of people, it can't be made. That wouldn't work currently, cause people would just make new accounts...but if you had to actually pay for the game or/and subscription, it would work a lot better.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:07:58 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]