Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Women In The Infantry  (Read 22830 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Women In The Infantry
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44:57 pm »

Note that I'm perfectly fine with women in the military, just not in combat arms (or on subs). I don't see any difference between a female cook and a male cook. I just see a difference between needing one tent or two tents for 'em.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 10:45:10 pm »

Indeed, I believe the most kills sniper record is still held by a Russian women from WW2.

That's not even close to true. The record is held by Simo Hayha, a Finn who killed five-hundred and five men in a timeline of about one hundred days. Sorry but this one just seems like an attempt to tell to poke a hole in my argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Hayha

If women are to serve, how many do you think could keep up with the men? How many do you think would be able to pass special forces training such as the Navy SEALs program or the Green Berets? How many Muslim extremists will surrender to women? How many women will be targeted by snipers because they know that men will come racing toward the injured woman?

Okay, so that covers direct infantry units, now the rest of the
at all

Go on...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 10:45:56 pm »

Now I am also of the belief that women are indeed the weaker sex and are to be both treated and respected as such.

Am I?  Now, whatever gave you that opinion?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 10:47:14 pm »

Gorjo: No. The most sniper kills is easily by Simmo. He had multiple hundreds.
So did the women I have been thinking off.  Been so long since I have seen the documentary on her tho.  Your probably right.

ninjd by Urist,  ok  Its Simo Hayha.  And no, it had nothing to do with your post Urist.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 10:47:36 pm »

Go on...

No, that was a invitation for you to 'go on.'

You said you did not want to see them at all, but all the reasons you gave are only issues in a direct infantry situation.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 10:49:03 pm »

See, Urist, it wasn't that hard. Next time put your opinion in the opening post and you're gold.

Now I am also of the belief that women are indeed the weaker sex and are to be both treated and respected as such. But I also have to agree with Strife26 that when it comes to the military political correctness needs to be thrown out the window.

If women are to serve, how many do you think could keep up with the men? How many do you think would be able to pass special forces training such as the Navy SEALs program or the Green Berets?
I think its perfectly reasonable for women to enter combat.  But I also beleive they should be able to meet the same physical requirements as men to do so.  Not because I am sexist, but because the battle field doesnt care what sex you are and the skills required for victory are the skills required for victory.
Problem solved.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 10:49:18 pm »

Now I am also of the belief that women are indeed the weaker sex and are to be both treated and respected as such.

That's what I was taught. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule.

And I had a feeling this would lead to me becoming even less popular.

Gorjo: No. The most sniper kills is easily by Simmo. He had multiple hundreds.
So did the women I have been thinking off.  Been so long since I have seen the documentary on her tho.  Your probably right.

ninjd by Urist,  ok  Its Simo Hayha.  And no, it had nothing to do with your post Urist.

Now that's just being spiteful.

Go on...

No, that was a invitation for you to 'go on.'

You said you did not want to see them at all, but all the reasons you gave are only issues in a direct infantry situation.

And women aren't at risk in non-combat jobs while in enemy countries?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »

Urist you are treading a fine line now. Women are equal to men, and in no way are they weaker. Men and Women are equal, and so, humans should be respected as such, not just men or ladies.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2011, 10:51:02 pm »

Urist you are treading a fine line now. Women are equal to men, and in no way are they weaker. Men and Women are equal, and so, humans should be respected as such, not just men or ladies.

How many women are equal to men in terms of physical strength? If you were to conduct a study as to which is stronger the result may surprise you.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 10:51:43 pm »

I don't care who's shooting, just as long as they are shooting.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 10:52:39 pm »

What I'm about to say is going to get me booed off stage:

Can anyone name a few lady war heroes?

Betsy Ross *Doh!*
Joan of Arc

I was thinking Molly Pitcher but Betsy Ross came out.
A few others wandering around in my head that I can't bring to the surface of my mind right now.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 10:52:47 pm »

And women aren't at risk in non-combat jobs while in enemy countries?

And Men are safe?

How many women are equal to men in terms of physical strength? If you were to conduct a study as to which is stronger the result may surprise you.

How many are capable of reaching the level of Men if they so chose?

A Whole lot more then one.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2011, 10:53:50 pm »

Well. Physical strength? Brute force isn't everything you know. And yeah, women can reach the same strength as men, so thats an invalid argument.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2011, 10:54:30 pm »

That's what I was taught. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule.

And I had a feeling this would lead to me becoming even less popular.

Your feeling was right.

Now, if there are exceptions to this rule, did you ever think that perhaps that very rule was creating the rule, and that being treated as weaker and/or lesser makes weaker and lesser individuals?

*shrug*

Physical strength matters less and less nowadays, dude.  For serious.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2011, 10:54:38 pm »

A group of servicewomen have filed a lawsuit on the subject, which you can read here. (I warn you, the records of these events are some of the most enraging, horrific things I've ever encountered. You read this lawsuit at your own risk.)
I hope those women get a lot of fucking money for that. I'm only at the fifth one down and I am of the opinion that many more jobs should be lost over this than there ever will be.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26