Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77891 times)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #240 on: April 12, 2011, 10:47:48 am »

If I may, I request a screenshot of Doc Valrandir current in-game skills.
Labors skills only.

Thanks

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2011, 11:47:04 am »

A request of the guy designing everything: If you could find a way to put my rooms next to the Control Room when it's finished, that'll be great.  After all, the Head Mechanic would need easy access, wouldn't she?

Where is your control room, can you take a screenshot from DFMA and draw where you want it?
No specific location, but a 21 by 21 room with one door in will work.  Simply find somewhere to place it.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2011, 12:21:32 pm »

A request of the guy designing everything: If you could find a way to put my rooms next to the Control Room when it's finished, that'll be great.  After all, the Head Mechanic would need easy access, wouldn't she?

Where is your control room, can you take a screenshot from DFMA and draw where you want it?
No specific location, but a 21 by 21 room with one door in will work.  Simply find somewhere to place it.

I demand blueprints!  :)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2011, 01:05:21 pm »

A kitchen is necessary for making tallow, and we're going to need one anyway for decent food. Are any of the new arrivals cooks?

Yep, we've got an adequate cook and a kitchen. I think we've got something like eleventy billion kilos of Elephant fat waiting to be rendered, plus we've embarked in a forest, so you could probably turn this fort into a soap factory if you wanted. I'll make the executive decision to tack on "requesting wooden buckets for lye" to your orders if you don't mind.

If I may, I request a screenshot of Doc Valrandir current in-game skills.
Labors skills only.

Thanks

Anyone may always request a screenshot of anything related to their dorf at any time.

I've enough orders to start playing the season and the post will follow reasonably soon after.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2011, 01:10:28 pm »

My commands: Help with any building and excavation of new areas, get some metal, get some URISTS smelting and making charcoal, make some metal weapons.

I've tagged that furnace operator as your apprentice. I don't know when we'll find metal but once we do you're going to be on top of smelting it. Give me a nickname for your apprentice unless you want me to nick him for you.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2011, 01:16:37 pm »

Dorna grumbles and takes out a piece of paper.  She then draws a square on it and labels the width "21 urists", the height "21 urists", and points an arrow at about the middle of one side labeled "Door here".  She then hands the paper to the dwarf talking to her.  "There's your bloody blueprint!"

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »

Er... nickname, nickname... call him... Mr. Smith? XD

EDIT: Smith Junior.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »

Oh dear: another aquifer underneath our aquifer. Good thing I managed to find this out and breached it just as autumn arrived!

Season's done, rather uneventful except for, y'know, everyone having stuff to do. Post'll up in a bit. A couple of projects still had to be put on hold due to the aquifer and the fact we have two, count 'em, two miners.

By the way, humans are here for trade. I'm going to sell some of our elephant parts to buy another few picks which'll speed our efforts up immensely.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2011, 03:52:13 pm »

Or buy ore and make me make picks?

Anyway, can I see my skills too? :)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 12, 2011, 03:55:23 pm »

Oh dear: another aquifer underneath our aquifer. Good thing I managed to find this out and breached it just as autumn arrived!
It's turtles aquifers all the way down!

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2011, 06:13:19 pm »

Have me follow the miners around. I'll make a craftsdwarf shop and make pots and crafts out of the stone they leave behind. If you can get me a pick I'll help with mining too.

Labors enabled:mining, stonecrafting, feed patient, carry wounded, and no hauling.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:15:02 pm by JohnnyDigs »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #251 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »

Dorna grumbles and takes out a piece of paper.  She then draws a square on it and labels the width "21 urists", the height "21 urists", and points an arrow at about the middle of one side labeled "Door here".  She then hands the paper to the dwarf talking to her.  "There's your bloody blueprint!"

Blueprints! Awesome.
Now we can begin construction.

(Your room will be in my next batch of blueprints, complete with the width, height, and a door.)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2011, 06:40:31 pm »

We embarked on Aquifer Hell  :o

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2011, 06:47:26 pm »

that we did, next thing we know, they will be in the cave layer!  :o
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2011, 07:26:21 am »

that we did, next thing we know, they will be in the cave layer!  :o

No no, I made sure to put some Z-levels in between the layers. The caverns should be midway down and gigantic.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48