Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153166 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 1: Awww, so little failing.
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2011, 02:37:58 am »

o.O Wow, the dice are schizophrenic concerning me. Or maybe they really like the whole 'trusting in fortune' gimmick I got going on here.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2011, 07:57:28 am »

hi guys.
I've had computer problems.
Take nearest ... whatever that tree is called ... and turn it into a conifer (a.k.a. pine tree look-alike). I need to flex those skills.

Advertise grievous-mutation-removal services.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2011, 09:48:31 am »

woah I just looked at the items other folks have, especially IronyOwl, Ze Spy, and wolfchild (and draignean of course :P), powerful items.

Spoiler: Only half kidding (click to show/hide)

other than that, I think we're good to go.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2011, 01:33:28 pm »

No. I'm sorry, but I've already given you a bonus to your equipment. I'm not going to spoil you.

Anyway, all the stuff they have is countered by serious defects or lack of other equipment. No offense intended to you guys.
IronyOwl actually has a lot of crap armor and junk. Nothing actually good.
Ze Spy's sword is powerful, but what will he do if he has to fight a Chaos Dragon? Plus, he cannot get rid of the sword. Oh, and the enemies will scale with the user. Stronger he is, the stronger I'll make the enemies. His armor is also pretty powerful, but heavy. Of course, it doesn't matter for him because he's got a LOT of strength.
Wolfchild's only good thing is his Glyph of Recovery. But then he only has a 1/3 chance of if working and has a 1/3 chance it of breaking instantly. His armor is worthless. The obsidian bolts are hard to replace. The dagger is the only decent melee weapon that he has.

Anyway, finishing turn. Will post soon.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 2: In which IronyOwl traps his soul in a stone.
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2011, 02:19:16 pm »

Kirion scratched the back of his head. "What the hell, the building didn't LOOK this big from the outside." He decided to just walk in a random direction, trusting in his Goddess to make him take the correct way to reach this Dannic person. Or at least get the hell back out of Town Hall.
[1][Luck 4]: You are hopelessly lost beyond belief! Your god can do nothing while you're in the Westlands! You wander around for 10 minutes until you FINALLY reach Dannic. Finally. You sure were lucky. Your sense of direction is a bit frazzled after wandering around without very many windows.

Dannic, unlike his brother, appears to have no mutations. He's also skinnier than his brother. The most notable thing about him is his sharp blue eyes. [NPC mood 6] Dannic greets you in a great tone: "Hello sir, what can I do you for?".

+Status: Sense of direction off: -1 to pathfinding for 3 turns.
Location change: Dannic's office.

Find a stumble-in, pour wine for everyone who sits down with me, drink self into a stupor.
[5-1]: Despite being extremely drunk, you find an inn. You pour wine for everyone next to you. [Luck 2] Yet none of them want to drink whatever you're having. Whatever, more for yourself. Glug.

[Luck 2]:...

...You think your internal organs are failing a little. Your eyesight blurs and your thoughts fog. Your stomach aches and your neck barely holds back throwing up. Your hands are shaky and your feet are numb.

Urgh...

+Status: Extremely drunk: -3 to next action.
Location change: Westward Inn.

go find a quest in town
[5]: After walking back several miles (which strangely does not make you tired), you find a very worried Izzci cutter sitting near the gates. You inquire into why he is worried.

He responds "A group Accurarwa took my brother Johnathan! We were cutting Izzci a mile west of here, and they suddenly jumped us! We both ran, but before I knew it they had caught Johnathan and took him away. Please, help us. I can't pay you, but whatever you get from those dogs you can keep. I think they came from the cave just north of where we were cutting. The Chaos Hollows. To find it, just look for cut Izzci and go north."

Location change: Outside of Toi.

Welp, look for Dannic and talk to him if I find him.
[4]: Unlike Kirion, you manage to find Dannic in the first try. Kirion is already talking to him, though. You sit back and twiddle your thumbs.

Location change: Dannic's office.

Find the deadliest Izzci there is in the town and necromantically revive it with 6HP use Water Magic to draw all moisture from it.
[6]: You find the deadliest Izzci in town, but it's guarded by a guard, [Luck 2] and he isn't letting you get near it. Something about "the captain's orders".

The Izzci is tall, it has a purple stem, with few, but huge black leaves that have blue Petioles that roll in a circle upwards once 360 degrees. At the very ends of the leaves, lies a very nice and tasty looking deep red fruit with a blue sack at the bottom.

Location change: Somewhere in Toi.

Find and transform a rock (presumably outside town) into a soulstone. If I can't find any suitable rocks, use earth magic to dig one up.
[5]: You walk outside and find a perfectly black and round rock outside of town, a black spot in the scorching desert. Perfect.

[5+1+1][Luck 6]: You make a nearly perfect Soulstone out of it, but you go way overboard and... and... your soul ends up in it.

...Oops.

+1 Overreactive Perfect Average Soulstone with IronyOwl's soul in it.
+1 Necromancy magic skill.
+Status: Soul in Soulstone: You have to carry the stone with you at all times or your body will fall limp until the soulstone is returned.
+Average Soulstone creation (necromancy magic). (Easy[no modifiers])
Location change: Outside of Toi.

Get into the Town hall
[2]: You attempt to get into the town hall, but trip on a misplaced rock and nearly fall into the well. You momentarily cuss uncontrollably gaining the attention of several people, who chuckle at you.

Advertise grievous-mutation-removal services.
You advertise your mutation removal services. [Luck 3]: No one comes. Darn. Maybe you should stop trying to remove mutations and start making them on your friends?

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Oops.

Oh well, I'm sure you'll come up with several new ideas now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:21:03 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2011, 02:24:45 pm »

Bwahahahaha!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2011, 02:29:09 pm »

"Ah, hello," Kirion said, feeling slightly frazzled. He'd have to follow Joseph out when it was time to leave. "Your brother greeted us at the entrance to Toi and said you would have jobs?" he offered. "I can work as a healer and a swordsman." He looked over at the spoony one the bard to see if he wanted to add anything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2011, 02:29:43 pm »

"Ghfverrrerr...." Arzhog Mumbled, taking another long pull straight from the bottle.

Continue Drinking until I pass out. Just remember that alcohol is a poison and I am physically incapable of getting myself killed by over-imbibing.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2011, 02:31:57 pm »

Intercept if the discussion with Dannic goes horribly wrong.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2011, 02:39:50 pm »

So... Since Darin's soul is in a phylactery... isn't he a very young lich now?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2011, 02:41:56 pm »

Eh, a lich can do fine without it's phylactery on it's body. Also I don't think he's immortal or anything.

But he should have immunity to necromancy now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2011, 03:34:07 pm »

Damn it all. >_>

So, what, uh. Can I use the soulstone if I'm already in it? Could I push myself out by trapping something else in it? Is there just room to spare in there? What are the odds of accidentally imbuing myself in a golem if I try to use it for its intended purpose?

GAH. Turn two and I'm carrying my soul around in a jar. At least I'm guaranteed to be around for resurrections? >_>

Anyway, use earth magic to create a small stone flask or jug. I suspect having something to carry water in will be handy. Oh right bottles.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:41:20 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2011, 03:42:57 pm »

So, what, uh. Can I use the soulstone if I'm already in it?
Yes, if you don't mind company in there.

Could I push myself out by trapping something else in it?
Nope, you'll have to try and get yourself out with necromancy.

Is there just room to spare in there?
Yep.

What are the odds of accidentally imbuing myself in a golem if I try to use it for its intended purpose?
100% as long as your soul is in there. Otherwise, unless you're wearing gloves, roll a luck roll.

GAH. Turn two and I'm carrying my soul around in a jar. At least I'm guaranteed to be around for resurrections? >_>
Oh come on, at least make the best of it. :P

Anyway, yep, it should be easy to resurrect you.

Anyway, use earth magic to create a small stone flask or jug. I suspect having something to carry water in will be handy.
You already have 3 bottles, remember?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2011, 03:46:39 pm »

Find as many of the others as possible, then get going to find this man's brother
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 06, 2011, 04:29:07 pm »

Come to think of it, somebody could push that guard onto the Izzci and use Polymorph Magic to merge the guard's flesh with the tree's live wood, thus creating a treant-like being without having to kill the tree. Not worth the trouble, though.

Return to the rest of the party. Accompany Nat on her quest.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 139