Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153260 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 0: So eight adventurers walk into a town...
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 09:34:48 am »

I'd doubt they'd store Chaos'd water in their wells

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2011, 09:53:24 am »

plus they probly dont have much choice, this area is chaos infested (wells tap underground water, they are not used to store it) and they likely have 2 choices: 1) Drink chaos water, 2)Die of thirst
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2011, 09:58:04 am »

They have mutations, which means that water from wells isn't pure enough to cure them.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2011, 09:59:29 am »

Anyways, it will probably take a round or two to set that up. No need to sell the fur before skinning the cat right?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2011, 12:23:36 pm »

Ah, an epic start followed by standard shenanigans. A good sign indeed.

Despite having no experience with it, attempt to create a kinetic barrier around myself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2011, 01:58:10 pm »

Use Water Magic to purify water from the well and pull it into my waterskin.
The water is chaos-free.

Erm, the aluminum armor was supposed to be very sturdy (high AHP) and pretty light, but would be harder to block with (1/3 chance to block 1/2 damage or so).
From my (likely poor) searching, pure Aluminum armor is crap in real life. Which means naturally it should be crap in the game.

Just saying, for guys that took no charisma...like me...Tarran will probably fully enjoy throwing diplomatic diasasters at you. Be careful whom you speak to!
Don't tell them that! It spoils the surprise!

plus they probly dont have much choice, this area is chaos infested (wells tap underground water, they are not used to store it) and they likely have 2 choices: 1) Drink chaos water, 2)Die of thirst
The area around town isn't that affected by chaos a whole lot, as this is just at the edge of the Westlands. The people picked the best spot they could find, and this is it. The water is pure. If it wasn't, everyone in this town would be, without a doubt, already blobs of chaos, since they've been living here for years drinking a lot of water.

They have mutations, which means that water from wells isn't pure enough to cure them.
No, the mutation is from outside radiation from near the town. Underneath the ground the radiation isn't as bad. The water is free of chaos.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:59:56 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

well, planes are made of aluminum (alloys). they are fairly light. they withstand hits OK.

aluminum armor weighs less than the same protection of titanium.

obviously dwarven-made aluminum has some "helping" impurities  :P so... yeah.
but that means the shields are pretty thick, which is why it's hard to block with them.

please?  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2011, 02:21:29 pm »

please?  :D
...Fine. I'll add more health to them and lower their ability to block.

Anyway, I think we've got everyone. Let me check...

Yep, everyone! Running turn now.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2011, 02:31:17 pm »

cool!
*slaps self*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2011, 03:21:14 pm »

I have a plan.

But it involves me learning some chaos spells first.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 1: Awww, so little failing.
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2011, 03:27:50 pm »

Anyways, I try to amuse the crowd with a song about some heroic tale.
[1+2(char)]: You sing rather poorly about some tale likely no one knows about. Your singing voice is the only thing that prevents them from throwing rotten tomatoes at you. [Luck: 4]: Some villagers do give you 3 gold coins for trying, anyway.

+3 gold coins.

Go to town well, put 'the moves' on the winch. Drink from bottle until stupendously drunk.
[5, YES! Just what I wanted]: You slowly stumble towards the winch, nearly falling over several times. Oh, there's a line at the well. Whatever, you push people out of the way and start working with the winch, lowering and pulling it back up at record speeds. The people look at you confused.

Suddenly, the people realize that they can take advantage of this! The line slowly disintegrates as people get their water quicker than ever before. Each one that leaves in turn smiles at you. Eventually, only one man is left. "Thank you" he says, "you've saved 30 minutes of my life". He smiles and leaves after getting his water. You celebrate by drinking, of course. Ahh, what a great hero you are.

+Status: Accepted by Toi: Although you didn't do anything great, people still talk good about you. As a result, you gain +1 to talking to people from Toi.
+Status: More drunk than normal: -1 to next action.

"Goddamnit, why couldn't i been in Vegas or atleast Not kicked out of the army when the sword of don't-know-what got stolen, instead, i am stuck in this Goddamn Hillbilly town that can't stand a goddamn fight"

Go into the townhall, and tell The Annoying ass bard to shut up "You have been playing goddamn songs since we set for this town, shut up already"

[Luck: 5]: No one hears your insult, thankfully, because the people in this town can, in fact, defend themselves pretty damn well. The Captain of The Guard in particular looks really nasty.

[2]: You protest the bard's songs, but he just ignores you utterly. Agitating.

"You, J-Joseph. People here already heard your st-stuff, what with all this sword b-b-b-business lately. Go ask that D-Dannic guy about a job.
Hurry up, or I'll gag you."

Use Water Magic to purify water from the well and pull it into my waterskin.
[4-1(no skill)+2(int)][Luck 6]: You purify the water from the well. Though there was no chaos in the water. You now have extremely pure water in your waterskin.

+5 encumbrance points of pure water.
+1 Water magic.
New spell: Minor water purify (Easy[no casting modifiers])

Create a shield that lets anything but chaos energy through near teh end point of the water stream
[3+1][Luck 4]: You walk several miles out to the end of the stream and create a shield that blocks chaos from flowing past it. Problem though: To maintain the shield you have to stay in place maintaining it, and it doesn't really block any serious chaos radiation. You feel as though you're wasting time.

Location change: Far outside of Toi.
+1 Shield magic.
New spell: Minor Chaos shield (easy[no casting modifiers]).

Kirion just observed the in-fighting already taking place in the group with a raised eyebrow. "Relax everyone, I'll go talk to Dannic." He shook his head and wandered off to go find said quest-giver.
[3][Luck 2]: You enter the Town Hall, but you soon get lost in the maze of rooms. Every left you make turns into a right. Every right you make turns into a left... you're hopelessly lost. Damn.

Location change: Somewhere in the Town Hall.

Make a cistern from rock.
[4+2-2][Luck 4]: The town is too compact to make a cistern above ground and you wouldn't be able to see anything if you did it underground. So you decide to go to the outsides of town. You flay open the ground extreme power, and shape it into a cistern. A bit ugly, but it works fine. It's nice and all, but the people didn't really need it with their deep well smack dab in the center of town. Oh well, at least you got some practice.

Location change: Just outside of Toi.
+1 Earth magic.
New spell: Major Earth Shaping (difficult[-2 to casting]).

Despite having no experience with it, attempt to create a kinetic barrier around myself.
[4-1+1][Luck: 3]: You attempt to make a kinetic barrier, and succeed. Kinda useless since you have to stand still and maintain it and since there's no-one around trying to attack you.

+1 shield magic.
New spell: Minor Stationary Kinetic Barrier (easy[no spellcasting modifiers]).

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

I have a plan.

But it involves me learning some chaos spells first.
You'd better. This first turn was quite boring besides Draignean getting all up with a winch. If I get too bored I may send in some... motivators. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:28:40 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2011, 03:31:45 pm »

Kirion scratched the back of his head. "What the hell, the building didn't LOOK this big from the outside." He decided to just walk in a random direction, trusting in his Goddess to make him take the correct way to reach this Dannic person. Or at least get the hell back out of Town Hall.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2011, 03:43:33 pm »

"Laf ish gud!" Arzhog announced drunkenly to the world. The wench had hair like a rope, but she had eyes like a deep well... After fighting off the line of suitors that had stood before him he had taken her with the voracious energy of man on the road for too long. This called for another drink! Swaying and stumbling his way through town he used the honed senses of a bum to find a tavern, or at least a place where nobody took much mind of him passing out on the floor.

Find a stumble-in, pour wine for everyone who sits down with me, drink self into a stupor.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2011, 03:47:38 pm »

Awww. Were my 3 years in bard school for nothing?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 139