Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Best Goblin Execution?  (Read 20522 times)

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Goblin Execution?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 08:37:23 pm »

Mod in a new way to make barrels from corpses and a drink made from blood. Brew their own blood in barrels made of their own skin and bone.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 09:30:56 pm »

Mod in a new way to make barrels from corpses and a drink made from blood. Brew their own blood in barrels made of their own skin and bone.
"Tru Blood"

Bone Barrels full of blood, with +Goblin meat roast+

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 09:33:19 pm »

Mod in the brew to cause a necrosis syndrome after a time. At this stage, make it+ the barrel material explode. With the pieces of barrel causing paralysis in whatever it hits. Sell it to elf caravans and watch them die horribly halfway off the map. Or punish nobles with it.
Dwarf Fortress:

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 09:38:16 pm »

Mod in the brew to cause a necrosis syndrome after a time. At this stage, make it+ the barrel material explode. With the pieces of barrel causing paralysis in whatever it hits. Sell it to elf caravans and watch them die horribly halfway off the map. Or punish nobles with it.
Or have a barrel that takes about 5 seconds after leaving the fortress (Which is 47 degrees flat), then have it ignite outside (50+ degrees) in an elf caravan. Booze power!

Wouldn't be hard, but it'd have to be an underground tree such as goblin-cap or fungiwood.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 09:39:01 pm »

But that's not made form the still-alive and agonized bodies of goblins and elves. Also elves won't accept wood, will they?
Dwarf Fortress:

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 09:42:38 pm »

But that's not made form the still-alive and agonized bodies of goblins and elves. Also elves won't accept wood, will they?
No  :(

How about humans? >:D

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 09:54:24 pm »

I got this. Custom reaction. ! live captive-> 1 live "living bottle of bloodbeer" or whatever. Its body is a bottle, its blood the alcohol. Make its tissues explode at 50 degrees Urist after a bit  and trade to elves. Blood boils into miasma or something, causing necrosis, and bone/skin explodes, causes paralysis.

Fakeedit: OH GOD WE'RE TERRIBLE PEOPLE. WE FORGOT TO INCLUDE MAGMA! WE'RE BASTARDS I TELL YOU! BASTARDS!!
Dwarf Fortress:

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 10:45:35 pm »

I got this. Custom reaction. ! live captive-> 1 live "living bottle of bloodbeer" or whatever. Its body is a bottle, its blood the alcohol. Make its tissues explode at 50 degrees Urist after a bit  and trade to elves. Blood boils into miasma or something, causing necrosis, and bone/skin explodes, causes paralysis.

Fakeedit: OH GOD WE'RE TERRIBLE PEOPLE. WE FORGOT TO INCLUDE MAGMA! WE'RE BASTARDS I TELL YOU! BASTARDS!!
How about blood is booze (Which is explosive), and the container ignites at 50 degrees? Boooooom.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 10:55:01 pm »

Yeah, custom booze that reacts with 50 urists to make explosion, magma/SMR, and deadly dust/gas?
Dwarf Fortress:

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 11:42:28 pm »

Yeah, custom booze that reacts with 50 urists to make explosion, magma/SMR, and deadly dust/gas?

Custom booze that reacts at 50 urists to cause explosion (with syndromes), that turns into modded magma which causes a DIFFERENT syndrome that releases a gas that causes a THIRD syndrome?

Poor Urist McHauler...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52:46 am »

McHauler will be fine, inside the fort is 47 degrees and the only time it leaves is to trade it to elves.
Dwarf Fortress:

Tanelorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 08:50:26 am »

I once had a overly complicated dwarven way of killing my prisonners.

I would build all the cages in a walled area, place a support in the middle of said aread, and link the cages to a lever. Then I linked the support to a lever, and built a roof resting on the support. This bit was actually not straightforward since I didn't want the walls to support the roof.

Then you can guess, I would release the goblins in the walled enclosure and collapse the roof on the heads.

Worked well enough, but I eventually realised that the cave in was destroying the wooden cages (or some, at least), and wood was in short supply on that map.

I stopped the cave-in part, and pumped water in the walled area with the roof on top. Funny to see the goblins safe in the immersed cages, then flick the lever and watch them drown. Pity about the lack of blood though ...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 10:12:15 am »

I once had a overly complicated dwarven way of killing my prisonners.

I would build all the cages in a walled area, place a support in the middle of said aread, and link the cages to a lever. Then I linked the support to a lever, and built a roof resting on the support. This bit was actually not straightforward since I didn't want the walls to support the roof.

Then you can guess, I would release the goblins in the walled enclosure and collapse the roof on the heads.

Worked well enough, but I eventually realised that the cave in was destroying the wooden cages (or some, at least), and wood was in short supply on that map.

I stopped the cave-in part, and pumped water in the walled area with the roof on top. Funny to see the goblins safe in the immersed cages, then flick the lever and watch them drown. Pity about the lack of blood though ...
That seems pretty good, keeps the FPS high and all that.

ahonek

• Bay Watcher
  • Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 10:16:48 am »

My favorite way is to drop my entire fortress on the goblins. Kamikaze!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 10:28:58 am »

McHauler will be fine, inside the fort is 47 degrees and the only time it leaves is to trade it to elves.

Not for me, my Depot is outside :(

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8