Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Best Goblin Execution?  (Read 20518 times)

person5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Goblin Execution?
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2011, 02:16:43 pm »

Make the goblins run down a hallway full of weapon traps.  But make the traps from low-quality weapons, and weak mechanisms.  And even if the goblin escapes being essentially lightly beaten to death, you can trap them in a cage at the end of the hall.  And do this again. 

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2011, 02:29:11 pm »

Strip your goblins and then dump them into a pit with wild Giant Badgers.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2011, 02:31:57 pm »

I strip my goblins, knock them unconscious (if they die it's too bad) and dump them in a pit full of war helmet snakes. Then I put them in the goblin rotting chamber. The wall are made of glass. It's in the middle of the dining room.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2011, 05:43:54 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:33:00 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2011, 05:48:26 pm »

Toss them in a locked room with your unwanted nobles,but be sure to disarm them first! (or not. . .)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2011, 11:46:21 pm »

Do Goblins run from Magma?

If so you could line a hallway with traps, then release them at one end, with a slow surge of magma behind them. The goblins might run for their hides from the magma through trap after trap, maybe make them wooden training weapon traps to limit damage.  Also you could line up crossbow dwarves a z level or two to add to the gauntlet
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2011, 11:57:21 pm »

The starvation-Cannibalism experiment.
Which I grew tired of in rather short order so it became "Which wild animal eats the most goblins" instead.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2011, 07:33:21 am »

Capture some elves and pit them against each other in an arena filled with kittens (2 or more per tile!)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2011, 08:38:24 am »

My next for is going to be centered around a giant tower with an overhang near the top that juts out over a bridge that is the only path into my fortress. Whenever a goblin siege comes I'll wait until they get close, raise the bridge, and begin demoralizing them by giving them a final meeting with their PoW friends at terminal velocity. I may set up spikes at the landing zones purely to see if they'll die from taking a pointy object to the face before they explode into a million pieces.

Executioner in all bone armor might be substantially more epic than exploding goblins on my door step during times of peace. Next legendary bone crafter that migrates shall craft himself a suit of terror... now I just need to remember not to embark with cats. I feel like it would take away from the whole experience if, as you were about to die, you noticed that the executioner was wearing a kitten on his head.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2012, 11:30:37 pm »

Put a War Lion and the goblin in question on restraints, and make it so that they have a tile of clearance between them. Watch the goblin flip the **** out and over exert himself to death.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2012, 01:34:30 am »

I make elaborate science stations across the map where I drop goblins and their other friends into rooms where they can await further testing. Once I have devised a certain... method of disposal I can move goblins around and execute them properly, to learn about weapons and whatnot. I also have an arena and militia training area next to the lab where I pit goblin into a barracks. Some of my most notable methods of disposal are 10 masterwork silver warhammers in a weapon trap on one tile surrounded by eight tiles of floor grates, which I like to call The Juicer and a room with 10 masterwork steel (candy if possible) serrated disks to cleanly chop up enemies so I get the most leather and meat out of them (changed some ethics...).

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2012, 03:06:29 am »

Use a combination of digging, smoothing, and engraving to carve out an enormous oversized novelty check in the floor with "500 punches in the face and zero cents" spelled in the amount. Release the goblin on the left side of the check, let him path to the right side, where there are a bunch of wrestlers.

You can use constructed floors (something that stands out, like cinnabar, microcline, or orthoclase) to spell out the goblin's name in 'Pay to the order of' ("SMUNTSU")
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]