Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729739 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9795 on: September 24, 2017, 02:13:16 pm »

I've finally picked up a profile picture for myself!

It's the (un)holy symbol of Bhaal, Lord of Murder. I cited it as best as I could in my personal text, but the character limit for it is really restrictive. I had to abbreviate "Forgotten Realms" to "FR" and had to use the word "image" instead of "profile picture", but I think I did adequately.

I'm not sure if I'll stick with it- it looked better on Google Images than it does now as my profile picture. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 02:18:21 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9796 on: September 24, 2017, 02:28:52 pm »

I don't think you need to put a citation on an avatar, dude.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: September 24, 2017, 02:32:09 pm »

I don't think you need to put a citation on an avatar, dude.
Ah. I'll replace the citation with a more in-depth explanation of what the picture is, then.

I could also just go switch back to my old "Literal Genie" personal text, although it doesn't really fit/work anymore.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: September 24, 2017, 02:35:05 pm »

After giving it some more thought, I've decided to switch my personal text to "Contrarian Extraordinaire".

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: October 01, 2017, 11:16:07 am »

I've been working on this for a couple of days. It isn't just a rehash of someone else's idea for once, as far as I'm aware.

Spoiler: Idea (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actual Gameplay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example Stat Sheets (click to show/hide)

Not all sheet information may be public. Hiding abilities seems quite tempting to me really. Still very much a work in progress.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 05:43:37 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: October 01, 2017, 11:45:41 am »

You might want to take inspiration from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series (letting Pokemon have all of the abilities that they can (legally) have might result in some !!FUN!!, for instance (#BronzongOPOP)) or the tabletop Pokemon RPG.

But yeah, I'd be (very) interested.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: October 01, 2017, 11:46:33 am »

What about Hidden Abilities, TM/HM moves, and egg moves?

InB4 someone becomes Arceus.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: October 01, 2017, 11:55:45 am »

Currently each pokemon gets one ability chosen at random Hidden abilities are possible. I might just give them all possible abilities though yeah. TM/HM moves are probably a no-no but that'd be irritating to enforce and probably nerf weaker pokemon most. And yeah legendaries are possible, which is honestly the main reason earning earning KO's causes retirement.

I actually totally forgot the tabletop system existed, so I'm definitely going to take a look.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: October 01, 2017, 12:13:35 pm »

Should one's Pokémon be completely random, or should they get a pick from 2-3 randoms? Also, should they automatically be the lowest evolutionary form, optionally in regards to baby Pokémon? There actually would be a benefit; as a baby, they have access to moves their evolved forms normally couldn't learn. Lastly, would someone HAVE to rejoin in their Pokémon's alternate forms if possible?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: October 01, 2017, 01:21:21 pm »

Should one's Pokémon be completely random, or should they get a pick from 2-3 randoms? Also, should they automatically be the lowest evolutionary form, optionally in regards to baby Pokémon? There actually would be a benefit; as a baby, they have access to moves their evolved forms normally couldn't learn. Lastly, would someone HAVE to rejoin in their Pokémon's alternate forms if possible?
Can an evolved Pokemon use the moves that its previous evolutionary form had access to?

Can we ask for a Pokemon from a specific generation/set of generations? Could I, for example, ask for a Pokemon that was introduced in Gen IV or earlier (I would still have to use the rules/moves/stats of/from the current generation, of course)? Can we ask for a Pokemon of a specific type (but not a specific pair of types)? Could I, for example, ask to be given a Grass type pokemon?

If a Pokemon could learn a move in a previous generation but can't learn it in the current generation, can it still use that move? What about event-only move and Pokemon combinations? Could an event Pikachu with Surf use egg moves that actual event Pikachus couldn't actually use due to not having them in the form that they were passed out in?

I recommend using Smogon and/or Bulbapedia as a source, by the way.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: October 01, 2017, 01:25:42 pm »

To OceanSoul:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To ATHATH:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:41:52 am by Person »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: October 18, 2017, 12:07:58 am »

So, Person, how's the Pokemon game coming along?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: October 20, 2017, 05:55:20 pm »

Haven't really been doing much with it. Probably going to finish current round of Wiki Wars first before I work on it more, assuming that no one else wants to run it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 11:32:57 am by Person »

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: October 21, 2017, 01:31:17 pm »

Any toku fans that would be interested in    RTD?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:51:37 pm by Custom Critical »
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: December 24, 2017, 05:14:48 pm »

This has been bugging me for awhile, so I'll just dump it in here for someone to potentially use.

I'll form the head! An experiment in collaborative mecha building.

We've all seen it. The heroes are up against a formidable enemy, and have to transform their robots into a limb to make a bigger robot. It may not make sense, but everyone loves it. It's great, and everyone wants to be the head.

Now then, I have a question for you.

What if those robots had to fuse together and fight without being an optimal spread of a head, body, 2 arms, and two legs?

If you want to know the answer as much as I do, then please run this game. Maybe PVP? Dunno.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 661