Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 727216 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3195 on: January 05, 2012, 12:19:35 am »

Well we now have gained a RTD GM, and lost one. As I have decided to stop running RTDs for awhile until I can get my motivation for them to come back.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3196 on: January 05, 2012, 12:23:04 am »

I'm extremely tempted to run it as well, but I really don't like the idea of running any more RTDs.

Maybe we could do a joint effort and alternate GMing turns? We could work out a map and keep notes between us, to keep everything centralized.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 05, 2012, 12:26:20 am »

(This idea (or something closely resembling it) has been bugging me for the past two years and I can't do anything with it because of shit artistic ability.)
Not only is that not an excuse, that's the opposite of an excuse. Go make an RTD right now.

I guess I just read better when everything is separated into very orderly parts.
That's still a matter of organization, then. I'm not seeing any major differences between the two.

You may be right, but that still doesn't ease my worries. Nor does it prove my points wrong.

Meh. Just make damn sure to give several examples when absolutely basic examples won't work.
I'm still not sure what you're so concerned about. I wasn't aware we had any strong, conflicting RTD traditions to hand down or compete with each other over, and people will presumably mold them to their own style and in emulation of other RTDs they like anyway.

I fully approve of all this Legend of the Hidden Temple stuff.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 05, 2012, 12:30:24 am »

YOU WOULD BE RIGHT IF IT WASN'T SO LATE.

Maybe later.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 05, 2012, 12:33:14 am »

I'm extremely tempted to run it as well, but I really don't like the idea of running any more RTDs.

Maybe we could do a joint effort and alternate GMing turns? We could work out a map and keep notes between us, to keep everything centralized.

If I didn't think that would end up being more work than just one of us doing it, I'd be all over it.

I dunno, I'm gonna go sleep and see if I still suffer this compulsion tomorrow morning. I enjoy passing off my problems on Future Monk.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 05, 2012, 02:02:52 am »

But Future Monk does not enjoy receiving those problems from Past Monk, and prefers to hand them off to Future Future Monk.
Trust me. I'm a Legendary Procrastinator, and I know how it goes. It won't get any easier later on.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 05, 2012, 02:12:14 am »

But Future Past Monk feels left out, screws with the time continuum, and everything just goes right in the toilet. :\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: January 05, 2012, 02:57:45 am »

Then the toilet spits out the time continuum and tells Past Past Monk to fix it.

On another note, Legend of the Hidden Temple sounds silly, but potentially amazing.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 05, 2012, 04:12:49 am »

My creativity, or at least willpower, has returned. Although, I don't particularly feel like updating my old rtds...

I'm considering a godgame RTD or Greco-Roman RTD. Perhaps that feudal rtd thats been bouncing inside my head.

IDEA: A group of stereotypical adventurers has set off to loot the strangely unexplored and numerous dungeons! Course being idiots, they need some guiding along. The players are placed in the position as guides and guardians by some caring or perhaps cruel god. Who knows. The players must try and steer the party towards survival, should the party perish, every player "loses". How, you may ask, do you win? Well, each player is given a secret goal at game start, and who ever accomplishes this first, gains a poimt. Once someone has gained a point, a new party is chosen, which may leave the former protagonists in some kind of...trouble. First one to get 5 points win.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:04:29 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 05, 2012, 04:28:55 am »

Interesting idea, yes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: January 05, 2012, 04:55:28 am »

Yeah, that does sound interesting. Could also go for a godgame, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 05, 2012, 08:51:45 am »

Xanatos Roulette the RTD?  I'd be in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: January 05, 2012, 10:19:25 am »

Could also go for a godgame, though.
Speaking of godgames, I do have that idea swimming around in my head too, so there's at least a 5% chance that one will be created sometime in the future by me.

Though remember, it's only swimming. It's not going "OMG GODGAME INCOMING" like a torpedo.

Here's what I've got so far. Note, it's messy and half done, but the general idea is set. If anyone wants to use it, feel free, I would be happy to see someone use my stuffs.

Spoiler: The idea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 05, 2012, 10:34:56 am »

I like it. Especially the origins, and all the choices they provide for RP
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 05, 2012, 12:40:14 pm »

...I think I would pre-in that so hard. >.> Olmec FTW.

Y'know, after doing some research, it appears the Temple Guards were Mayan, but the head is explicitly Olmec.

And WOW some of these artifacts are ridiculous. They need to be scattered through the Temple...
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 661