Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released  (Read 183096 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2011, 07:22:15 pm »

Dammit! I want my DF with undeadies!
Who's in favor of killing Toady and Co. so we can raise them as zombie slaves?

I'm not.  I favor a Toady with brains and the ability to make sentient, rational decisions, myself.

You really just need to learn not to get so excited about things.  You're only hurting yourself, because as soon as this release is coming out, there will just be another release you are going to be working yourself up over again.

Then there are the people who scream at the guys who do things like DFHack or Dwarf Therapist or Lazy Newb Pack because it takes them a while to update their applications after a version update by Toady...

You know what's really great?  Going back through the games that were released a year ago, reading all the reviews, and buying them for $10-$20 less than normal because the rush has died down.  Same game, still new to me, but it's cheaper, and there's no waiting for updates or patches or anything.

Steam's great, too.  Sometimes you snag games you always meant to play for 70% off, if you just don't get suckered into the whole "pre-release" scam.

So lay off the "let's kill Toady if he doesn't update fast enough" speech maybe?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2011, 08:04:43 pm »

Just bought a DS Lite in the wake of the 3DS release, marking my first handheld system since the Gamboy Color. A trip to Gamestop is in my near future.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2011, 09:57:21 pm »

Actually, at this point I'm almost concerned about the new release...my fort's 30 years old now and I don't know if I want to leave it behind for the new one.  I'll probably wait until this release, its bugfixes, and the old bugfix releases are completed just so I can keep this one going without being tempted to move on.  I tried to have both the new and prior versions going with my .18 fort but it didn't work.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Urist McAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2011, 07:47:08 am »

Dammit! I want my DF with undeadies!
Who's in favor of killing Toady and Co. so we can raise them as zombie slaves?

I'm not.  I favor a Toady with brains and the ability to make sentient, rational decisions, myself.

You really just need to learn not to get so excited about things.  You're only hurting yourself, because as soon as this release is coming out, there will just be another release you are going to be working yourself up over again.

Then there are the people who scream at the guys who do things like DFHack or Dwarf Therapist or Lazy Newb Pack because it takes them a while to update their applications after a version update by Toady...

You know what's really great?  Going back through the games that were released a year ago, reading all the reviews, and buying them for $10-$20 less than normal because the rush has died down.  Same game, still new to me, but it's cheaper, and there's no waiting for updates or patches or anything.

Steam's great, too.  Sometimes you snag games you always meant to play for 70% off, if you just don't get suckered into the whole "pre-release" scam.

So lay off the "let's kill Toady if he doesn't update fast enough" speech maybe?

I'm not saying that we should kill him for taking his time to update, i'm very sure he has his own reasons to do so, since this update will take a huge leap in terms of game improvement...
I'm just saying that teasing us with necromancers and undead self moving hands (Tararara *snap* *snap*) is just a little bit too mean, i'm very patient on updates, but this one is one of the groundbreakers, i need it now, i just can't wait to see the possibilities that it'll open in terms of gameplay, Curses are definitely something that'll give modders a whole lot to work on...

I love Toady, but this is borderline bullying =P

Vercingetorix, leave the fort, necros, better undead and bugfixes? Are you mad? This is going to be the most FUN we'll have in ages =D

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »

Vercingetorix, leave the fort, necros, better undead and bugfixes? Are you mad? This is going to be the most FUN we'll have in ages =D

But Hallhealer is 32 years old now... :(
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2011, 09:46:34 pm »

I wish there were dwarf/goblin/elf settlements.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2011, 10:17:06 pm »

You can make them, but they look like human camps:
Code: [Select]
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]

Next version can't be that far away! (I'm assuming it's out before the meetup) Can't wait!

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2011, 12:42:51 pm »

I'm liking all the new features I've been hearing about on the DevLog, but am I the only one who's rrrreally looking forward to an other round of bugfixing? :)

There's an increasing number of bugs I'm becoming aware of, which are annoying me. >:|

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2011, 03:43:44 pm »

"the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills."

LOL

Zombies have always been a little slow in the head but someone's been talking...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2011, 07:45:16 pm »

You can make them, but they look like human camps:
Code: [Select]
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]

Next version can't be that far away! (I'm assuming it's out before the meetup) Can't wait!

Do these camps have stores too?

"the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills."

LOL

Zombies have always been a little slow in the head but someone's been talking...

I'm just thinking they eventually caught on to their being a zombie :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2011, 11:26:27 am »

I'm just thinking they eventually caught on to their being a zombie :P

Not even! It was the agelessness of their master. It just seems so true: We would sooner blame another for the world's ills than to acknowledge our own.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2011, 02:37:23 am »

I really really really really want the new release. All the new features being talked about on the Dev has made me really excited and now I must be satisfied!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2011, 02:45:59 am »

I really really really really want the new release. All the new features being talked about on the Dev has made me really excited and now I must be satisfied!

Be patient.  Urist McToady has already collected 34 different bits and pieces of stuff from all over the different stockpiles in the fort and is working furiously.  Hopefully he will not die of dehydration before completing the artifact!
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 17, 2011, 04:39:59 am »

And hopefully he won't spend too much time making it or he (and us) will GO INSANE!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2011, 10:25:28 am »

And hopefully he won't spend too much time making it or he (and us) will GO INSANE!
STATION THE WRESTLERS AND READY THE HOUNDS!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27