Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released  (Read 183074 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2011, 05:18:05 pm »

Question: Why for the last week or so is it that I can't get to the site to download this? Every time I click on the link I get a server not found error
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »

Working just fine here. Did you try any of the mirrors?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2011, 05:45:41 pm »

and what mirrors are those?
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »

Question: Why for the last week or so is it that I can't get to the site to download this? Every time I click on the link I get a server not found error

You probably need to flush your DNS cache or something.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2011, 06:35:26 pm »

nope still can't access even after flushing

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2011, 07:46:57 pm »

direct link successful. Thanx! Can you guys think of why that's happening to me though, because I'd still like to view the main site for the progress reports

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2011, 04:25:37 am »

direct link successful. Thanx! Can you guys think of why that's happening to me though, because I'd still like to view the main site for the progress reports

Operating system and browser?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2011, 04:56:11 am »

and ISP.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Ashelus

• Bay Watcher
  • I win again. No suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2011, 12:52:04 am »

Hmm.. Member # 12 on the forums here... (Has it been that long??)
I suppose I'll muster up enough excitement to re-download the game and proceed with playing it once again... It's been a long time, and a very many revisions in code!  :)
Edit: Yeah... I have to relearn this stuff...
~(ñ¥å®ƒ!)~

bitterhorn

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Rage Against Dying of Light: Burritos
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2011, 01:04:08 pm »

I suppose I'll muster up enough excitement to re-download the game and proceed with playing it once again... It's been a long time, and a very many revisions in code!  :)
Edit: Yeah... I have to relearn this stuff...

I just did the same, having recently acquired a new lappy that's actually capable of running anything past 40d.  Pretty stoked about this necromancy stuff coming up - stoked enough to finally get off my butt and donate. :)

Eventually I'll learn to make soap before it's too late, I guess...
It is a world built on pillars that descend into hell itself, yet there is no heaven above to look to. A world where pain and death await all, with little to no salvation from the horrors of the world. There is no true peace, no true saviour. Dwarf fortress is a game about an eternal struggle that you can never, ever win.

Also, valkyries are cooler then angels...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2011, 01:56:20 am »

(*)fixed world gen crash caused when a prisoner escapes from a site at the same time the last person to arrive at the site commits murder

That is an oddly specific bug. Only in DF do you get bugs like this.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2011, 01:43:29 pm »

(Oops, posted in the wrong place.)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2011, 09:31:35 pm »

(*)fixed world gen crash caused when a prisoner escapes from a site at the same time the last person to arrive at the site commits murder

That is an oddly specific bug. Only in DF do you get bugs like this.

Ah, no, it's only odd because of how the problem is described.  There really aren't that many programs out there where it would be possible to describe a real problem in the code using these terms  :)

It's just a variable or syntax error.  The funny part is when you describe what the code is emulating at the time of error :)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Urist McAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2011, 05:57:48 pm »

Dammit! I want my DF with undeadies!
Who's in favor of killing Toady and Co. so we can raise them as zombie slaves?
It's just too mean that they're having fun with the undead and necromancers while we still can't kill our enemies more than once =/
I've stopped playing the current version and am waiting restlessly for the next one...
Question: In Adventure mode, if we get our hands on one of those slabs, can WE get the fun part of the deal?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:47:04 pm by Urist McAddict »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27