Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released  (Read 183193 times)

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2011, 12:14:44 pm »

I hope the dust will have settled by next weekend. This one I didn't even play DF(can't play without Dwarf The Rapist  :-\
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2011, 12:45:16 pm »

(*)fixed world gen crash caused when a prisoner escapes from a site at the same time the last person to arrive at the site commits murder

Why the hell should that crash DF?

But it's still awesome to even be able to have a bug like this.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2011, 01:19:53 pm »

Sweet! Now NOBODY REPORT ANY MORE CRASH BUGS. I'd like to get my fort settled down now. I'm hoping that minor bug about making dwarves request diagnosis will help my Captain of the Guard- he was interrupted during healthcare and has been crawling around ever since, because he doesn't think he needs a crutch.

fixed world gen crash caused when a prisoner escapes from a site at the same time the last person to arrive at the site commits murder

Well that's random.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2011, 01:21:24 pm »

(*)fixed world gen crash caused when a prisoner escapes from a site at the same time the last person to arrive at the site commits murder

Probably "last person to arrive at the site commits murder" targets prisoner, but "prisoner escapes from a site at the same time" so it targets invalid person, so it targets invalid index, so it reads invalid area of memory, so it crashes.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2011, 01:29:21 pm »

Probably "last person to arrive at the site commits murder" targets prisoner, but "prisoner escapes from a site at the same time" so it targets invalid person, so it targets invalid index, so it reads invalid area of memory, so it crashes.

Or because two seperate processes (murder and escape) access the same property of the site (population number).
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2011, 01:56:04 pm »

What, it's not finished yet?

Sorry, what would a forum be without a few good trolls? Nice work on the updates and bug fixes! The rate of recent releases is pretty awesome.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2011, 02:32:53 pm »

Sorry, what would a forum be without a few good trolls?
A nice place.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2011, 02:37:51 pm »

All hail the bugfix arc!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2011, 02:42:01 pm »

All hail the bugfix arc!

This must be sigged.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2011, 02:48:18 pm »

Toady's work ethics are an inspiration.  :)

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2011, 02:56:50 pm »

Awesome. My fort was randomly crashing 1-2 times a season since I went to .23; hopefully this fixes it.  :D
Memento Mori

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 03:02:38 pm »

All hail the bugfix arc!

This must be sigged.
Woo! I come up here to post about the fifth(?) rapid DF release in a row, and get sigged finally.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2011, 03:08:30 pm »

3 cheers for Toady!

Hip hip hurray!
Hip hip hurray!
Hip hip hurray!
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2011, 03:14:10 pm »

Or because two seperate processes (murder and escape) access the same property of the site (population number).

AFAIK DF is not multithreaded.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2011, 03:54:03 pm »

Toady's work ethics are an inspiration.  :)

Yes, but they produce the most wonderously effective procrastination mechanism known to man or dwarf.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27