Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: BYOHF-Bring Your Own Historical Figure Mafia(Night 3 8/14)  (Read 28518 times)

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: BYOHF-Bring Your Own Historical Figure Mafia(Day 1, 14/14)
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2011, 11:18:28 am »

Ahem. Sorry, last night I was uh...really fucking blasted. Those posts I made are pretty goddam hilarious though.

Anyway, I'll read through today. I won't be around as much because this is the hell quarter for me, so please don't hate me too much for being about less than usual. I will be back, though.

Also:
Really Jokerman? I can give you a pass on skipping RVS since you and only you do so,

<3

*shrug*
Good enough for me...
unvote

Time to reread what has happened so far.
I think I will focus on zrk2 if I don't really find anything of value...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2011, 11:28:02 am »

Ottofar: Anybody here you would inspect, if you had the power? And who?

Beg your pardon, didn't see that there.

But I'd inspect everyone, obviously.
To choose one, it'd be Toaster. He's  quite hard to read, and I usually read him as town when he's actually scum. So yeah.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2011, 12:26:10 pm »

Tyberix:  How would you determine when RVS is over and the real meat begins?
I would say it ends when i have enough hints that somebody is scum to attack him outright. Or when something weird happens but it looks like this will be pretty calm day.

About 3rd parties : Well if i see one i will be sure there is one. Before that i would say it's impossible to tell, and only possible role that could surface D1 is jester but if i were one i would probably not start shouting like crazy outright at the beginning. Cult would hard to discover even if we know it exists and as for now we know nothing. SK would be impossible to discover since his day goal is same as town. Of course there's always luck involved and maybe we hit one of them with lynch, of course mafia would be better anyway.

Time to reread what has happened so far.
That's good way of saying that you don't need to search for evidence and just attack zrk without effort.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »

No tyberix, It means if I don't find anything of value on anyone else then I am just going to focus on Zrk2
Unvote.

Wouldn't that be more reason to determine if we're scum and NOT less, Zrk2?

Defensive much, Pandar?

Zrk2, Who here would you be the most wary of trying to scumhunt?
Pandar or Mr. Person, both are among the better players on the forum, and I do not know several of the others playing in this game. Therefore if I were scum I would see them as the biggest threat.
You didn't answer the question. I did not ask who you think would be biggest threat to you as scum, I asked which person here you think you would have the most issues scum hunting if that person was scum.

Ah, I misunderstood then, the person I would be most wary of trying to scumhunt would probably be the same, as everyone else is either new, or unknown to me. Mr. Person usually puts on a decent enough scumhunt, and I don't remember off the top of my head any games I have been in where Pandar was scum.

3rd parties are almost always scum. Your question is invalid.

Please, elucidate. This seems defensive and evasive, why can't you provide an answer while pointing out the 'flaws' in the question?

Probably Mafia, barring the possibility of a Cult. They biggest threat is the enemy achieving a majority.

Brilliant deduction is brilliant. Bravo.

What do you mean by made suspicious by someone before their disappearance ?
Good question. By "made suspicious by someone," I mean that a player made a strong accusation against another player that revealed a hole in their logic, to which the second player responded by not posting in the game's thread for a long period of time, if not for the rest of the game.
Wouldn't that tunnel you into attacking only lurkers ? If someone is dodging question's this way won't it be better to concentrate on someone else in the meantime ?

Shouldn't one instead call them out on dodging questions and provide a list of the questions they have dodged? Make it obvious to everyone that they are dodging, and draw more attention down on them?

Pandar, why are you being evasive? How would you choose who you would kill as a SK?
Vote Zrk2
It looks like your trying to make something out of nothing zrk,
It doesn't look like pandars really doing any kind of evasion to me.
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2011, 12:41:05 pm »

Attacking Zrk2 for being bad doesn't get you off the hook, SaintDraze. You're not acting like a townie today.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2011, 02:00:20 pm »

Just noticed I only answered half of tyb's question.

The hardest to read would be IMO...anybody really. I'm not good at reading people.

And my non-accepted roles were leif ericson and edmond Halley. Not quite newton, but hey!

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2011, 02:03:11 pm »

Okay, let's try to get all of them:

I find myself agreeing with Pandar in his cases against/with/whatever Zrk2; he is answering the questions posed, some of which seemed pretty much useless and designed to appear active.

Draze: I would rather be Cult, because killing and all is nice, but converting opens up the possibilities for far more gambits and strategies.

Toaster: Might just be the newbiness, but I'm not liking Draze and Zrk2 this round; their posts have little content beyond babbling and minor tunneling, respectively, and overall it feels like newbscum play to me. I doubt both of them are on a team, but I wouldn't be all that surprised based on their behavior.

Jack: So, you vote me so that you can unvote me in the same post? I'm one of those that are a fan of seeing the entire thought process in one post, but you seem to have left out your conclusion. Am I scum in your eyes? A jester? What is it?

I don't know why it matters, but the ones I submitted that didn't get chosen were Joseph Stalin and I don't remember.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2011, 02:20:57 pm »

I didn't get Lenin.
I also didn't get Kekkonen.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »

My god you guys I also submitted Stalin are we all communists what is this.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2011, 02:55:38 pm »

No, because the quote you linked is in no way defensive, and as such the question "Defensive, much?" should be answered with "No" because defensive is a totally inappropriate term for how I reacted. Do I have to treat you like a four-year-old?
No, do have have to be condescending?

Survivor is standard fare. Jester is a maybe. We haven't seen a Lyncher in a while so there might be one of those. SKs are common, cults are moderately common. All of which amounts to which third party ARE YOU, Zrk2? If you're not a third-party, why are you so heavily fixated on them?

I thought it would make a good line of questioning. Does that really require CAPS LOCK to ask?

SaintDraze, Zrk2: Seriously, why are you so hung up on 3rd parties? I want an answer on this.
As I said above, because I thought it would make for a good line of questioning.

Woah, Saint, you are only hunting me because there is no one else under question:

and
No tyberix, It means if I don't find anything of value on anyone else then I am just going to focus on Zrk2
-snip-
Vote Zrk2
It looks like your trying to make something out of nothing zrk,
It doesn't look like pandars really doing any kind of evasion to me.

for everything Pandar already said.

Saint, could you build a real case against me instead of just parroting?
Pandar, I still think you are acting defensive, in that you try and make me sound the idiot when replying to my accusations. Do you have anything else to go on, or just that you think I'm 'acting like a four year old.'

I didn't get Winston Churchill, and Julius Caesar.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2011, 03:32:08 pm »

Unvote, vote Zrk2.

Don't say you didn't earn this, because you did. My arguments were fine so you started picking at stuff like me capitalizing instead of emphasizing however the fuck you think we're supposed to.

And 3rd-party WIFOM is a good line of questioning. Noted.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »

Zrk2:Why Saint's baseless acussation bothers you that much ? Why you focus on something that's so obvious ? Who would you block tonight as for now ?

Jokerman What would you do with one-shot day-kill if you were granted one ?

breadbocks Any thoughts on current situation ?

My god you guys I also submitted Stalin are we all communists what is this.
I thought that's a well known fact :P If anyone interested my other non-roles : Charles Babbage and Galileo.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »

Hmm funny thing: i looked at Op and noticed Native is playing with us. I think he was silent since game beginning ?

Native Are you here ;p ?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2011, 03:42:56 pm »

Unvote, vote Zrk2.

Don't say you didn't earn this, because you did. My arguments were fine so you started picking at stuff like me capitalizing instead of emphasizing however the fuck you think we're supposed to.

And 3rd-party WIFOM is a good line of questioning. Noted.

Examples and explanations please.

As to 3rd parties: How was there any WIFOM, how is it a bad line of questioning? Since it apparently is, what do you recommend asking about instead?

Zrk2:Why Saint's baseless acussation bothers you that much ? Why you focus on something that's so obvious ? Who would you block tonight as for now ?

1. Because he is just parroting the arguments of others instead of composing his own, at best that is simple laziness, at worst a scumtell.
2. Pardon?
3. Pandar or Saint as they are the scummiest people at the moment.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2011, 03:47:26 pm »

Examples: Every post you've made.

Why it's WIFOM: because it's speculation on an element we don't presently need to deal with

Ask about scum. But I suppose you can't question yourself without looking crazy, so just vote yourself and be done with it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26