Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 73735 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #2220 on: April 28, 2011, 06:10:15 pm »

Hrm.. I was initially planning to go to the edge of the continent, and build a border around Ostley. But me and Sheb are still in negotiation regarding potential territory borders. And he has to recover his army.

It goes without saying that Toldron is mine though. Villvale as well.

John..Can you take a green? Or even a light green? At this point, a naval landing against a green or light green could proly only be pulled off by me, As my army has suffered no major defeats. And even then I'm looking at a major casualty rate.
I'm not that reckless. Neither's Cript.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 28, 2011, 06:31:09 pm »

Yeah, my lands are okay. Good yellows to cascade through, build up my strength for the light greens, then have the juice to maybe take on greens. Shebs got pretty much similar. And we have the advantage of being on the continent. Ferrying a large force over the oceans would be costly right now, and theres no really soft coastal areas to foothold into.

Sheb already has a foothold in the south of the world. Me I am his vassal after all, adn if he so needed to move troops through the south he can do so via my lands. Also the only land I wnat is all of Farland, and Biting the rest you gusy can squabble over.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 28, 2011, 08:44:20 pm »

I meant on Imperia. Theres only a few non-empire coastal provinces left, that are also low wealth territories. Most of em are LG to green now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 28, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »

You will get a massive loyalty hit, coupled with the already massive one you got for conquering my land. It will trigger an instant revolt.

Where did it say this?

Also

Are you serious? I have most likely given more money to my people then I have taken by force?

For the most part, no. In Steel south this is true, but you plundered away all of Maver, forced them into serfdom, and only then gave about 1/3 of it back.

Also, Iituem said himself that destorying a holysite give NO benefits.

Not directly, but as you told me yourself, you are offering a large sum of money for me not to destroy it. And of course if we strike a deal, and you refuse to pay me the money, I will lost a lot of credibility if I do not kill the holy site.

I have managed to consoildate all their stray cultural beliefs

Yeah. For about a turn. It also was a waste of resource best spent else wise. See point *.

, I have given large amounts of money into developing the peoples land

Most of it was taken away from the masses and given to the few. Also, waste of money, see point *.

, I have given them great labouring opprotunities

Slavery. Awesome.

I also managed to unify more land in Graiyita then any other Ariani nation has ever

A waste if you fail as a leader. See point *.

not to forget overthrowing the last despotic warlords and crule tyrants of Steel and Maver.

According to the fluff from your attacks, much of Maver was actually small free communities of beast men. And even for the real warlords, you are just replacing them with one bigger, worse (see point *) warlord.

I was an AWSOME leader, highly idolized and respected.

Right… Let me put it this way. Kim Jong-il also thinks that. Just case you say you are a good leader does not make you one. Details wise, you such (point *) fluff wise, well… The only official fluff puts you at basically the same level of the petty warlords and your own fluff just makes you seem a unbalanced dictator who does not allow differing opinions about his ruling.

Too bad this ISN'T closer to real life, and my fluff has no effect on gameplay.

John. This game is closer to real life then your fluff.

Now we come to point *. Perhaps your biggest failing of ALL. A government is made to protect it’s people. You have utterly fail to do so. Your braggarting ways and your utter lack of knowledge of the world of rules and statesmanship have caused your people to fall under the attack of a foe that should never have been able to defeat you this easily.  You have failed your people as a ruler and a protector, and shall always be known as the ‘man’ who tossed aside the one chance for a golden age of your race and plunged them into a darkness deeper then the past thousands years of slavery.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 28, 2011, 09:36:48 pm »

...touche Cript...touche
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 28, 2011, 09:56:25 pm »

You are enjoying yourself way to much with this Criptfeind! :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 28, 2011, 10:12:38 pm »

Criptfield, I have only one overall thing to sya to that.

Why are you being such a pathetic jerkass?

Why must you even argue with my fluff, say that I must be a terribly ruler, and constantly denouce me even though it will not effect your victory at all?
Why are you constantly saying that I wasted my chance, and that my downfall was nothing but bad leadership, and had nothing to do with outside influence, mistaken info, and simple bad luck?
Why do you insist on aruging even when I am not seeking any kind of fight or conflict?
Why do you keep yelling that everything I say is a fallcy and bad?

In short, why are you being such a pathetic jerkass?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 28, 2011, 10:18:43 pm »

1: Cause I don't like you.
2: Cause all that stuff is true.
3: Casue it's fun.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 28, 2011, 10:36:33 pm »

1: Cause I don't like you.
2: Cause all that stuff is true.
3: Casue it's fun.

1) Doing it for obscure reasons. Check.
2) Thinks he is totally and completely unopposed in his points.
3) Finds pleasure in Ass-ery.

Yup. Class A Pathetic Jerkass.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 28, 2011, 10:49:50 pm »

Sorry. I only fight arguments based on logic. Pure insults bore me.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 28, 2011, 11:17:43 pm »

So, Criptfeind, I know i haven't said much about anything in this game, but do you think you caould give me an analysis of my leadership, in the same style as you did for John? It'd be good to know where i can change.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 29, 2011, 12:03:24 am »

Er. I am not so sure how to do so.

I have been studying John ever since he started playing the game, and honestly I have only read one of your turns.

From a mechanical prospective, none of your neighbors can wage war on you with impunity. So you are okay there. You also, as far as I am aware, are on good diplomatic grounds with everyone around you.

Johns biggest mistake was not rising to meet probable issues, such as a invasion. No one can attack you without unacceptable losses or a great forewarning, so as far I know you are fine.

Er… I am not sure if that is what you were asking for, but there you go I guess.

Edit: As far as I am aware, you are the most, or tied for the most, powerful player in Southrel.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:06:10 am by Criptfeind »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 29, 2011, 12:11:41 am »

And everyone is TWICE as paranoid of you as they are of me...and that just makes me sad
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 29, 2011, 12:14:19 am »

Piff. I don't even have spies yet. You get the second greatest power of spies for free. As soon as I can, I am going to flood the world with spies and send a message to the GM every six hours asking what you are up too.

Edit: Hum I am not sure how much that made sense in the context. Maybe a better way of saying that would be: Yeah man. Everyone should be afraid of you, not me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:16:40 am by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 29, 2011, 12:18:20 am »

I'm only moderately afraid of Hubris. He's still across the world from me.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 165