Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: It's Pathos  (Read 11625 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: It's Pathos
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2011, 01:11:48 pm »

Im sorry but.... Pffffffffffffffffffffffff. Sorry, but I get the impression that Pathos isn't that well liked, only known. People get cut off and new people come on. Deal with it. Sure, it is kinda sad if someone nice is banned.. But people who break easy to follow rules are seldom nice.

Are you truly saying there is no such thing as Chaotic Good?!

Has Batman ever made an account on an internet forum?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 01:12:49 pm »

Has Batman ever made an account on an internet forum?

Yeah but he got banned.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 01:39:35 pm »

So uh...I've never met a place where "banned" means "account deleted, punishment over, go make a new one".

The only acceptable way to challenge a ban is to email the mod/mods, not dodge it.

This is...um.  Well.  It certainly doesn't earn you any respect from me.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Pathos v2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 01:42:56 pm »

So uh...I've never met a place where "banned" means "account deleted, punishment over, go make a new one".

The only acceptable way to challenge a ban is to email the mod/mods, not dodge it.

Like I said, I tried that. About five times since I've been banned. No reply, not even a "piss off".

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 01:44:53 pm »

Like I said, I tried that. About five times since I've been banned. No reply, not even a "piss off".

Well!  I'd say he answered your question quite succinctly right there.  And since you should have been asking for forgiveness or permission to come back, and they were not given...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Pathos v2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 01:46:26 pm »

Well!  I'd say he answered your question quite succinctly right there.  And since you should have been asking for forgiveness or permission to come back, and they were not given...

It's clearly well within social limits to make a new account and thread on the forums! Thanks, man. :)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 01:46:49 pm »

To be fair, Something Awful does basically have a policy that you can keep coming back and making accounts as many times as you want, provided you keep ponying up $10 each time.  Naturally, they're pretty ban-happy.

Re: Trainwreck Thread: whatever dude.  You got banned for what anyone but you would call repeatedly stirring shit up to amuse yourself, and repeatedly broke forum rules by making alt accounts.  It doesn't matter if you got away with it one time or another - just because you don't get caught doesn't mean it's suddenly cool.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 01:51:34 pm »

Good point, Urist. You're so strongest and rich. I wish I was you.

Thanks but I'm far too great to let anyone else be me.
Thats right, you are the STRONGEST! (Oh god somebody get that.) but seriously, this is why I kinda find you annoying.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 01:58:26 pm »

I just got one question for this thread.

Really Armok?

Really

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 01:58:53 pm »

I am no longer part of this thread but I'm still watching it for giggles because Pathos is doing what he does best -- derailing and getting everyone riled up.

Pathos v2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 02:00:36 pm »

I am no longer part of this thread but I'm still watching it for giggles because Pathos is doing what he does best -- derailing and getting everyone riled up.

I honestly don't try to. :(

This shit just follows me like a cape.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 02:06:37 pm »

While I do agree that Pathos' banning was hardly a surprise nor particularly unjust, this... simply isn't an open avenue. Toady and Threetoe delete quite a lot of stuff without mentioning it, and it's effectively impossible to go back and examine exactly what happened; on top of that, they rarely indicate what they find inappropriate about your posts when they invoke punishment. Toady has repeatedly proven unwilling to engage anyone on whether or not a course of action was fair after it was taken, and frankly even if he was, it's very difficult to back yourself up when the thread/posts related to the debate was deleted.

But it's also been made pretty clear that neither administrator is interested in doing anything about this, and I've brought up my perspective on stuff related to this a fair few times already, so I think I'll just stop wasting my own time and cut this post off here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 02:16:06 pm »

That is a mental image I will cherish forever.

Pathos v2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 02:32:16 pm »

That is a mental image I will cherish forever.

I'll be in your heart forever. <3

You will be in mine, too.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 02:33:57 pm »

You all suck, stop giving him the attention he wants.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7