Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72002 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Welcome to LYLO!

This is the final day of the game. Extra participation will be expected of you, and don't trust anyone, especially those you have trusted before!

Quoted for emphasis.

If you do not make an effort to go through the game and determine who the final scum is you will lose. Simple as that. You need to play.

Look through the whole game, closely examining all the arguments of the other two players. Then, make a determination about who's scummier. Be prepared to defend yourself, and well. Now, more than ever, you need good arguments and you need to be convincing about them. And don't ever give up. If you're town and going to be lynched, you better fight tooth and nail to reverse that.

I don't feel like this advice is adequate enough.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow. That was really cool guys. Lynch the newest player based on the scumminess of the person they replaced. Seriously? Should've at least given Simmura a chance to learn.

Anyway, CrownofFire, for the reasons I stated yesterday and for being the last vote on the Simmura-wagon.

If I seem quieter today, it's because I have a horrible migraine. I'll still try to post, though.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I believe the standard parlance for this post would be "Bah".

I'd give an excuse for not posting again yesterday, but that's all it'd be: an excuse. I'll try again next time, might even do better then. Gonna keep watching though. All zombie-like. Good luck, all.
I'm gonna claim that as my bad, too. I didn't realize the Day was ending until it was too late. I was really waiting for a response, but I thought the day was ending later, so I didn't think about the end of the Day.

So, anyhow, I'm gonna claim. I'm a Cop, and N1 Super inspected Jim Groovester (Town), N2 I inspected Crownoffire (Town), and last Night I inspected Orangebottle (Town).

So, I guess it's gonna be the old-fashioned way.

Crown, why should I assume your bandwagon was NOT really an OMGUS lifesaver you pulled at the end to stop your own lynch? You haven't done anything but lurk, and when you manage to post, it's to bandwagon with little reasoning.

Orange, you can't just hang on your old argument from yesterday. All that would do if I were scum would be for me to hop on with massive buddying to secure the lynch. You really need to look at both of us, since you seem to be pushing for a Crown lynch without even looking at me. Plus, your major reason from yesterday was that one line felt scummy. That's not nearly enough, especially if you aren't adding anything more in LYLO.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Right then, let's get this rolling. We're really in the endgame now, aren't we? Before I get started here though, I have to say it's strange how I'm the only player here that's actually been here since the beginning. Well, sort of here. I hate being in the last three though, annoying as hell to look through EVERYTHING. Even more annoying that you two weren't here at all the first day, which is almost half the entire thread.

Anyway, I'm going to preemptively toss my vote onto Orangebottle. Lucky for webadict, he gets to decide which one of us to lynch. Unless we both decide that he's scum, but whatever.

But I should get onto the actual case (other than OMGUS :P). First of all, you remember that giant wall of text that Orangebottle posted yesterday? Top of page 27 for those on the default numbering pattern of 15 per page. That wall was all aimed at Heliman. Much of it was because Orangebottle was saying that many of Heliman's posts were useless. That in itself is rather... odd. But then Jim says that walls aren't too useful, and he just completely drops the case. Now, in a BM it may be due to inexperience, but he sounded a little too sure of himself to simply just completely drop it.

And seriously webadict? Too bad that doesn't actually help at all...

I should point out that the vote on Simmura is actually WHY I was voted by other people in the first place. Can't exactly save myself from votes that haven't happened yet, now can I?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

I would like to take an IC moment to say that, although this isn't a concern because this is bm, be careful when you vote in lylo and hammer is allowed, scum can ninja vote with the unlucky town and secure a win.

Real ICs, feel free to say I'm being a dumb-ass and that this advise is bull.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

That's not a concern for this game, and we don't need to be clotting beginner's heads with scenarios that are currently irrelevant to them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Welcome to LYLO!

This is the final day of the game. Extra participation will be expected of you, and don't trust anyone, especially those you have trusted before!

Quoted for emphasis.

If you do not make an effort to go through the game and determine who the final scum is you will lose. Simple as that. You need to play.

Look through the whole game, closely examining all the arguments of the other two players. Then, make a determination about who's scummier. Be prepared to defend yourself, and well. Now, more than ever, you need good arguments and you need to be convincing about them. And don't ever give up. If you're town and going to be lynched, you better fight tooth and nail to reverse that.

I don't feel like this advice is adequate enough.

Quoted again for extra emphasis.  This is the endgame, people- no matter what, the game ends at the end of this day.  Put in the extra effort to participate.  Go through old posts, judge intentions, look for contradictions, see if you can figure out who is BSing you.  Scum, this applies to you too- you need to be convincing in your arguments on your target.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, anyhow, I'm gonna claim. I'm a Cop, and N1 Super inspected Jim Groovester (Town), N2 I inspected Crownoffire (Town), and last Night I inspected Orangebottle (Town).
What.
Anyway, I'm going to preemptively toss my vote onto Orangebottle. Lucky for webadict, he gets to decide which one of us to lynch. Unless we both decide that he's scum, but whatever.

If he's scum, he is laughing his ass off right now.

But I should get onto the actual case (other than OMGUS :P). First of all, you remember that giant wall of text that Orangebottle posted yesterday? Top of page 27 for those on the default numbering pattern of 15 per page. That wall was all aimed at Heliman. Much of it was because Orangebottle was saying that many of Heliman's posts were useless. That in itself is rather... odd. But then Jim says that walls aren't too useful, and he just completely drops the case. Now, in a BM it may be due to inexperience, but he sounded a little too sure of himself to simply just completely drop it.

It was inexperience and the fact that I have better things to do with my time than stay up all night and dig through a gigantic post in search of an actual point.

All it really proves is that one of us(read: you) is a godfather. Unless Webadict is gambiting scum.

This is the most useless cop claim ever. Honestly, I don't see why you even posted it.

Orange, you can't just hang on your old argument from yesterday. All that would do if I were scum would be for me to hop on with massive buddying to secure the lynch.
Wifom.

You really need to look at both of us, since you seem to be pushing for a Crown lynch without even looking at me. Plus, your major reason from yesterday was that one line felt scummy. That's not nearly enough, especially if you aren't adding anything more in LYLO.
I was planning on adding more. If anyone were to just 'hop on' my vote, I would see them as scum looking for an easy lynch. I realize that in a normal game, scum would just hammer and secure an easy win.
My Sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What.
I didn't get my role PM until later in the Night. Super had already sent in the action, so I never got a chance to change it. Not that I wanted to, but meh.

If he's scum, he is laughing his ass off right now.

It was inexperience and the fact that I have better things to do with my time than stay up all night and dig through a gigantic post in search of an actual point.

All it really proves is that one of us(read: you) is a godfather. Unless Webadict is gambiting scum.
At lylo, you claim unless there is a reason not to, such as the chance to catch scum off-guard or to keep information that is potentially losing. Neither of those apply, so if there is a Doctor, they should claim too. Claiming helps to secure semi-confirmed people. Not claiming would've been stupid.

This is the most useless cop claim ever. Honestly, I don't see why you even posted it.

Orange, you can't just hang on your old argument from yesterday. All that would do if I were scum would be for me to hop on with massive buddying to secure the lynch.
Wifom.

You really need to look at both of us, since you seem to be pushing for a Crown lynch without even looking at me. Plus, your major reason from yesterday was that one line felt scummy. That's not nearly enough, especially if you aren't adding anything more in LYLO.
I was planning on adding more. If anyone were to just 'hop on' my vote, I would see them as scum looking for an easy lynch. I realize that in a normal game, scum would just hammer and secure an easy win.
Good point, but you don't truly understand the gravity of the situation. You're banking on me not being scum, which is why you shouldn't be voting, since if you're scum, it makes you look like you've considered me as Town, if I'm scum, I have an easy chance to lynch Crown, and if Crown's scum, he's going to be pushing only you, instead of me.

Right then, let's get this rolling. We're really in the endgame now, aren't we? Before I get started here though, I have to say it's strange how I'm the only player here that's actually been here since the beginning. Well, sort of here. I hate being in the last three though, annoying as hell to look through EVERYTHING. Even more annoying that you two weren't here at all the first day, which is almost half the entire thread.

I should point out that the vote on Simmura is actually WHY I was voted by other people in the first place. Can't exactly save myself from votes that haven't happened yet, now can I?
How is your vote the reason people voted you? Didn't you vote AFTER everyone else? You were barely even there!

And yeah. I realize I don't have any extra information. I was really hoping Orange would turn up Mafia, because then this would've been easy. Well, easier.

I'll be back tonight with a vote. I've got stuff to do. But, I'm not nearly as busy as last week.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: CrownofFire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Webadict (click to show/hide)

Webadict, the reason I didn't vote for you is that my case against you is much, much weaker than my case against Crown.

I didn't get my role PM until later in the Night. Super had already sent in the action, so I never got a chance to change it. Not that I wanted to, but meh.
I see.

At lylo, you claim unless there is a reason not to, such as the chance to catch scum off-guard or to keep information that is potentially losing. Neither of those apply, so if there is a Doctor, they should claim too. Claiming helps to secure semi-confirmed people. Not claiming would've been stupid.
But this claim confirms nobody, because it's possible that one of us(read: CrownofFire) is a godfather.

Good point, but you don't truly understand the gravity of the situation. You're banking on me not being scum, which is why you shouldn't be voting, since if you're scum,
I'm not.
it makes you look like you've considered me as Town,
Because I have no case on you.
if I'm scum, I have an easy chance to lynch Crown, and if Crown's scum, he's going to be pushing only you, instead of me.
He is.

How is your vote the reason people voted you? Didn't you vote AFTER everyone else? You were barely even there!
Simmura OMGUS'd him(with an actual argument, but still), and I voted for him for bandwagoning.

And yeah. I realize I don't have any extra information. I was really hoping Orange would turn up Mafia, because then this would've been easy. Well, easier.

I'll be back tonight with a vote. I've got stuff to do. But, I'm not nearly as busy as last week.
My Sig

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Orangebottle: I'm not even going to be bothered to quote that. First of all, acting like an IC makes me scum? What kind of insane logic is that? I wasn't even acting like an IC. I was giving a piece of advice, which has nothing to do with the game at all. You're just pulling things out of your ass. Second, that "circle of uselessness" and the Supercharazard thing were both well past the RVS. I didn't participate in that because it really wasn't accomplishing much. Focusing on 3 out of 9 players was just ridiculous Granted, one scum was in there, but he wasn't lynched until later. But even so, we should have been looking around a bit more instead of purely at three people. Also, I would have said something, but that surprise vacation thing messed me all up.

As far as that "defending yourself, attacking nobody" post, I didn't even defend myself, really. At what point did going on vacation make me scum? And I didn't vote TKoE because I wanted to see how the new replacement did. Also, I actually somehow managed to completely miss Heliman's thing to me... Or maybe I just forgot about it with all the other stuff going on, it

webadict: It was only after I voted for Simmura, then Orangebottle and Simmura both decided to vote for me. Basically, everybody voted, then I voted Simmura, then Orange and Simmura voted me.

By the way, I'm not one to rule out the possibility of webadict fake-claiming Cop :P

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orangebottle: I'm not even going to be bothered to quote that. First of all, acting like an IC makes me scum? What kind of insane logic is that?
 I wasn't even acting like an IC. I was giving a piece of advice, which has nothing to do with the game at all. You're just pulling things out of your ass.

As I said, it makes you look TOO TOWN. Maybe you should read. You're not an IC, you're a normal player. Your job is to scumhunt, not give other players advice.

Second, that "circle of uselessness" and the Supercharazard thing were both well past the RVS. I didn't participate in that because it really wasn't accomplishing much. Focusing on 3 out of 9 players was just ridiculous Granted, one scum was in there, but he wasn't lynched until later. But even so, we should have been looking around a bit more instead of purely at three people. Also, I would have said something, but that surprise vacation thing messed me all up.

As far as that "defending yourself, attacking nobody" post, I didn't even defend myself, really. At what point did going on vacation make me scum?

Sorry. I derp'd.

And I didn't vote TKoE because I wanted to see how the new replacement did.

And then you bandwagoned Simmura just to get them lynched.

Also, I actually somehow managed to completely miss Heliman's thing to me... Or maybe I just forgot about it with all the other stuff going on, it

It's still unacceptable. You always answer a question when asked. He even reminded you that he'd asked you to do something. The post I linked was, in fact, the post where he reminded you to do what he asked.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

If you're worried about a fakeclaim you should probably actually go try and figure out whether that's the case or not instead of sitting on your hands about it.

Ask questions about why webadict picked those targets, and look at webadict's answers. You'll first want to check if webadict's reasons are good, and then you want to check whether they're consistent with everything else he's done. If, for example, he said he suspected Orangebottle, and wanted to check his alignment, that's a perfectly fine reason for an inspect. If he said on the day before that he thought Orangebottle was town, then it wouldn't make sense for him to inspect him, so you should ask about that. These are the sorts of things you want to look for to figure out if it's a fake claim. Ask about anything that seems off.

If you can't figure out if he's fake claiming or not, you should probably drop it. Stay wary regardless. It's lylo.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [2/6, 1/3], DAY 4: LYLO, Lie oh!
« Reply #448 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:23 pm »

Jim:His first target(you) was picked by his predecessor. As for Crown and I, I believe I already understand why. But just to be sure...

Webadict: Why did you pick myself and Crown?
My Sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [2/6, 1/3], DAY 4: LYLO, Lie oh!
« Reply #449 on: April 20, 2011, 11:00:37 pm »

Jim:His first target(you) was picked by his predecessor. As for Crown and I, I believe I already understand why. But just to be sure...

Webadict: Why did you pick myself and Crown?
Well, I had a chance to change Jim, but I didn't. I figured the IC scan was more useful than normal.

I picked Crown because he was my second choice for scum (After King), and I figured King would get lynched, but if I found the other scum, then woohoo. And last Night there was really only one other person to pick, and really I was hoping that my claiming of Heliman being Town would sort of make Heliman a target. More of my shield than anything else. Plus, I already knew he was Town.

Orangebottle: I'm not even going to be bothered to quote that. First of all, acting like an IC makes me scum? What kind of insane logic is that? I wasn't even acting like an IC. I was giving a piece of advice, which has nothing to do with the game at all. You're just pulling things out of your ass. Second, that "circle of uselessness" and the Supercharazard thing were both well past the RVS. I didn't participate in that because it really wasn't accomplishing much. Focusing on 3 out of 9 players was just ridiculous Granted, one scum was in there, but he wasn't lynched until later. But even so, we should have been looking around a bit more instead of purely at three people. Also, I would have said something, but that surprise vacation thing messed me all up.

As far as that "defending yourself, attacking nobody" post, I didn't even defend myself, really. At what point did going on vacation make me scum? And I didn't vote TKoE because I wanted to see how the new replacement did. Also, I actually somehow managed to completely miss Heliman's thing to me... Or maybe I just forgot about it with all the other stuff going on, it

webadict: It was only after I voted for Simmura, then Orangebottle and Simmura both decided to vote for me. Basically, everybody voted, then I voted Simmura, then Orange and Simmura voted me.

By the way, I'm not one to rule out the possibility of webadict fake-claiming Cop :P
My bad. I was looking at the vote counts in the wrong order.

In spite of OrangeBottle's arguments, CrownofFire is the scum. Crown intends on buddying both the remaining players while simultaneously trying to shift Orange's gaze to me. He seems to take my claim at face value, while Orange is suspicious of both players, something that any player should be.

Orange isn't making a great attack, but he's actually trying to make one. The Too Townie argument is stupid, though.

Crown OMGUSes almost immediately, almost ignoring me with a small comment, but also taking the Cop claim as 100% true, meaning he knows I'm not lying, and therefore scum. He makes passive attacks about me and attempts to buddy his attacker in the same line ("Unless we both decide webadict's scum"). He makes no real attempt to scumhunt me, and is trying to not provoke me in any manner, either to make sure I don't become emotionally charged to attack him or in the hopes that Orange has a change of heart.

Crown tries to use Jim's advice as reasoning, and then as a kicker, is spending more effort defending himself than attacking, something he accused Simmura of doing as he voted her yesterday.

Also, Orange, please stop answering in orange. I would so much rather you just quote the whole thing and answer it outside the quote, as reading it on my phone is incredibly difficult (No font coloring).
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36