Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270530 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2235 on: April 15, 2014, 06:32:25 am »

If you want to stay in highsec, but still do med to largish scale pvp I suggest you join Spectre Fleet and RvB Ganked ingame channels.
RvB has a themed fleet every saturday, usually around 150 to 200 pilots strong (more fleets planned for the easter weekend) and spectre has fleets out everyday.
Neither require you to fly expensive ships, spectres most expensive doctrine has battlecruisers (well, unless you count hunter killers (recons) and some black ops), but they mostly fly cruisers and below. It is a really nice way to get into bigger fleets without the need to be involved in a bigger alliance.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 16, 2014, 12:24:16 am »

Spectre is cool. They go NPSI for live events, which is kinda annoying, but fun overall.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2237 on: April 18, 2014, 12:33:32 pm »

Did incursions for the first time this week. Made 800m in three days (plus about another 300m in Concord LP). I like this. :D
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 18, 2014, 03:10:17 pm »

Did incursions for the first time this week. Made 800m in three days (plus about another 300m in Concord LP). I like this. :D

I made just over 700m yesterday, out of basically pure luck. Started off with accidentally cargoscanning a MTU to discover it had about 400m in faction loot inside. Popped it easily, 300m dropped. I then went in to a live event, and grabbed a B-type invul off of a loot piņata wreck.

That's... pretty much my income in eve. Scavenging & salvaging. Mostly it doesn't pay off but I just have to strike gold like this once a month and it's worth it. And passive t2 production.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 06, 2014, 10:35:22 pm »

So I only got my name on the EVE monument once instead of 24 times because stupid PL and then stupid AAA threw away Immensea for no reason and I had to unsub. FML.

Oh well, resubbing for 36+96 Gecko drones.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #2240 on: May 07, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »

Anyone wanna give me a current recall link? I wanna see what's changed since 2010.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 08, 2014, 12:15:29 am »

Please, feel free to use mine!

https://secure.eveonline.com/RecallProgram/?invc=ed94fa82-290c-4da6-8b7e-a0bb6fd79133&type=share

In other news... My activity has waned a bit. I think I am still going to set up a worm hole pos in a C3 and my buddy and I are still semi active in ordion, so if you do come in, come down that way and we'll run some missions together.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:41:42 am by Fikes »

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:08 am »

I've been having trouble being motivated to play lately. I think a lot of it is my part time job at Schnucks. Currently its only safe to move stuff between like 12-5AM. Currently its 1:25 AM. I can do plenty of other stuff but if I need to personally move something its so hard. the hours flip around, I keep getting calls to work extra time, which means its not safe to fiddle with my sleep schedule much. Also pushing carts in 75-90 degree whether is not exactly an energy neutral activity. Also I was in my up phase when I was stranded in a station doing nothing, and I entered a down phase a little after I was able to play again. So its sort of a case of bad timing/luck. And once my interest in something wanes due to a down phase it sort of spirals down to totally losing interest quickly. Not sure what to do. If I push on I may realize I wasted a lot of time if I quit in the future but if I stop now I'll feel bad and what if I swap to an up phase in a short time and then I've given up my chance to really go strong in EVE? Especially by disappointing my in game allies by losing my zazz?

Bah, I hate tough decisions.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 16, 2014, 12:41:21 am »

Anyone here interested in joining a nice little nullsec corp?

We blow things up.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2244 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:23 am »

Anyone here interested in joining a nice little nullsec corp?

We blow things up.
Must... resist...

>.>

Okay. PM me?

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 16, 2014, 10:08:31 am »

Not gonna tell us what corp? I wanna know if I'll be blowing YOU up.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 16, 2014, 01:16:56 pm »

I've been having trouble being motivated to play lately. I think a lot of it is my part time job at Schnucks. Currently its only safe to move stuff between like 12-5AM. Currently its 1:25 AM. I can do plenty of other stuff but if I need to personally move something its so hard. the hours flip around, I keep getting calls to work extra time, which means its not safe to fiddle with my sleep schedule much. Also pushing carts in 75-90 degree whether is not exactly an energy neutral activity. Also I was in my up phase when I was stranded in a station doing nothing, and I entered a down phase a little after I was able to play again. So its sort of a case of bad timing/luck. And once my interest in something wanes due to a down phase it sort of spirals down to totally losing interest quickly. Not sure what to do. If I push on I may realize I wasted a lot of time if I quit in the future but if I stop now I'll feel bad and what if I swap to an up phase in a short time and then I've given up my chance to really go strong in EVE? Especially by disappointing my in game allies by losing my zazz?

Take a break. On impulse i think you should give it up, from limited experience of Eve and greater experience of wasted time affecting things, but as I'm not you see how you do without and go from there.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 16, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »

i was the negative nanny there from the beginning. i always thought your plan was doomed to fail.
that said: would have been cool if it had worked out for you.
but it was forseable that rather short times of things not going according to your plans would put you in a situation where the running costs of all your accounts would end  your dreams.
eve just is a game that likes to fuck up plans.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:33:59 pm by motorbitch »

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 16, 2014, 07:55:13 pm »

It was actually going pretty good in the week since that post. Except I got in a car accident today. Not a big one, but according to my parents still enough that we'll have to pay the other guy a couple thousand or more. It could end up being worth as much as the net income of my part time job for a year, if its around $5k. So I have a lot bigger existential problems now than EVE. EVE had just started to go well, and then bam. Literally. I wasn't even going fast, as I was just backing out of my driveway, but apparently a moderate sized dent and a semi displaced runner goes for some serious dough. He had a wide ass truck parked kinda far off the curb, but still technically my fault since I was the one moving. I don't think I've ever pulled out of the driveway with any kind of car in that position much less a wide ass roofing truck. So I was not prepared, especially being preoccupied worrying about how awful 8 straight hours of bagging would be. Heh, if only I had known that would be the least of my troubles that day.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 16, 2014, 08:33:10 pm »

Take a break. On impulse i think you should give it up, from limited experience of Eve and greater experience of wasted time affecting things, but as I'm not you see how you do without and go from there.
There's a running joke about that: Nobody quits EVE. You might take a break, but you'll be back eventually.

Hell, I know I will this summer.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210