Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127686 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 12
« Reply #1530 on: April 17, 2011, 12:08:01 pm »

Hey Hubris..yer turn seems to be lacking in detail. Might wanna change that a bit, so Iituem knows what yer doing.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 17, 2011, 01:44:31 pm »

I made a minor turn edit.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 17, 2011, 01:49:58 pm »

Me too.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 17, 2011, 05:28:07 pm »

Hey Hubris..yer turn seems to be lacking in detail. Might wanna change that a bit, so Iituem knows what yer doing.

Erm.. what do you mean?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 17, 2011, 05:32:39 pm »

How much money are you spending on research?

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 17, 2011, 05:39:39 pm »

How much money are you spending on research?
Ah. thanks. that would do it. I'll edit it in a mo.

It's done.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:42:07 pm by hubris_incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 17, 2011, 07:38:58 pm »

Turn 13 - The Brigand Years
Winter 1005 A.D.

I am taking tea in the Green Lute, an Arcadian cafe on the western edge of town.  It is a new blend from Highblood, quite popular amongst the youth today.  I cannot say I am especially taken, but I have yet to turn to that detestable black sludge my brother calls coffee  He assures me it clears the head, but how my head could find its way out of that overpowering smog of taste is beyond me.

Nevertheless, a clear head would have been most welcome earlier this morning.  Stuart and I opened a bottle of the Maver '03 before his return to the capital.  He bought several cases of the red, having heard in court that the King was ready to issue the embargo on the beastmen.  Who knows, it might be the last of the wine we see for a while.  I cannot say for sure if that is a bad thing, the very kick that makes it popular kicks you again when you wake up.

I broke fast on the way here from my lodgings at a roadside stall.  The hawker was a klackon and I suppose I bought from him mostly for the sheer novelty of seeing one in person.  He had that lost, confused look you always get in them when you see them out of their homeland.  At least, I think he looked lost and confused (how does one read an ant's face, after all?).  We 'talked' mostly through gestures as I find that clicking language of theirs utterly opaque, but it was not as if his menu was extensive; fried strips of meat, kebabs, a handful of sausages in bread.  Flesh and fat, roasted or fried.  I bought a kebab and a roll and left him to his work.

I do not have business until the afternoon, so I think I shall spend some time at the docks.  They say the King's new cavalry will be arriving by ship any day now.

-----

Gasket still burns in places, but the worst of the fire is under control now.  My face and arms are covered in soot, but praise the gods neither the pirates nor the flames reached the books in my lodgings.  I may still need to guard them from more home-grown looters, of course.

They arrived in longboats with short cutlasses.  I can only assume they bypassed the Imperial Fleet somehow, but with no defenders the people tried to do their best.  Some fought.  Most ran.  Some fool, I don't know whether it was the raiders or one of our own, started a fire.  Everything went to chaos, maybe for the whole of the day.  Looting just seemed to keep going on, it didn't really matter if it was pirate or local doing it, until it got dark and they rowed back, drunk and sated, with their haul.

The worst part is that they promised to come back.

- Lord Claddagh McClay, scholar, poet and swordsman.  Journals, 1003-1008

The Free Caulders:  Those Free Caulders who were not hired have now split and joined various of the richer neutral territories.

Pirates!:  A pirate blockade has surfaced in the Brentish Channel, severing the global trade network in two!

Spoiler: Free Tempests Republic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arcadia (Kashyyk) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Public Domain Techs
Infrastructure I is now in the Public Domain.  Everyone may now raise their basic income to £500/turn per territory (excluding the capital bonus).

Quote from: New Buildings
Slavers: £500.  Produces the Slaves resource.  Produces an industry bonus of £200/turn.  Reduces loyalty in the region by -1.  Tech:  Slavery I

New Buildings:  Brewers' Guild.  Requires and replaces Brewery.  £500, upkeep £30.  Increases the industry bonus to 42% of basic income.  Tech: Fermentation II

Bakers' Guild.  Requires and replaces Bakery.  £500, upkeep £50.  Increases the industry bonus to 50% of basic income.  Tech: Fermentation II

Quote from: Balance Changes
Marketplaces now provide a base bonus of 10% to basic economy with a 2% increase in their bonus for most raw resources, a 5% increase to their bonus for manufactured goods and retain their 8% increase for rare resources (gold, spices, incense).

Naval units now have a 10% higher chance of escape from losing battles and a 10% higher chance of being captured intact by a victorious enemy.

Windmillls now no longer need grain as a prerequisite resource, but they do require Farms and do still act as a separate industry.

Breweries and Bakeries are being rebalanced so that they no longer require grain (or grain/wine) as their base resource, but now must be built in regions that already contain a Farm.  They count as a separate industry to Farming.

Quote from: New Mechanics
If there are wounded units in a territory when it is captured (that did not take part in the battle for capture), they are now captured and suborned by the invading force, though their healing is delayed by a turn (i.e. they will still be wounded on the next turn).

Lots of surprises and perhaps disappointments this turn.  What I will say is that this has been building up for several turns now, and I'm not behind all of it.  The pirates operate on very similar rules to you, with a few exceptions (one major one being that they cannot take territory, so even though they have a treasury they have to replenish it through raiding).

I wound like to take a sounding on what players think about turns being submitted via PM.  The results of turns (except for actions such as spy actions) will still be published publically, but this would allow players to take tactical actions without their opponents being aware of it until the action is taking place.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 17, 2011, 07:42:41 pm »

Actually, Takticheskii is an Arakael. Again, I only have three Kasrs.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 13
« Reply #1538 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:53 pm »

Oh, so he is.  Fixed it in the code for next time.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 17, 2011, 07:44:18 pm »

Son of a bitch. Bandits.

That was a total waste of money, but life goes on. Better get that base up and running.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:08:41 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 17, 2011, 07:47:15 pm »

And we can implant some resources to territories, right?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 17, 2011, 07:51:13 pm »

I'll add mine.

Oh, fubar.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 17, 2011, 07:51:52 pm »

:o Humbling defeats for sheb. I'd like to note they never got any ships for me. And apart from spying, the only actions I approve of being sent Via PM is mercenary bidding.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:41:16 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 17, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »

And we can implant some resources to territories, right?

No.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 17, 2011, 08:08:59 pm »

Spoiler: Status of the Empire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions of the Empire (click to show/hide)

I am also giving southern Maver to the New Empire for now so that they have a base. This is a temporary deal, and until I conquer Northern Owldale, they better not abuse its people.

Also, the factions look oddly uni-colored. What happened?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 125