Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458293 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16740 on: July 28, 2020, 03:31:16 pm »

For those that like portal, I'd like to mention that you can pick up "the turing test" at a 85% discount on steam. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/499520/The_Turing_Test/

I had never heard the game, and I was a bit wary at first because it looks very much like a clone, but at 2,99 I figured I could take a risk.
I'm now half way in, and so far I've not been dissapointed. The flow and difficulty of puzzles are about the same as for portal, but with it's own mechanics.
The story telling is great, and goes quite a bit more in depth on the psychology and philosophical side of things than portal. Anyhow definitely worth a few bucks if you like portal and are suffering from withdrawal symptoms waiting forever for a new portal game to be released.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #16741 on: July 28, 2020, 11:58:14 pm »

Total Annihilation is on sale for a few more days on Steam at 60% off, making it sub $5 for most.  Classic RTS with plenty of mods and units out there.

there's zero-k on steam and it's free, it moves from a reimplementation of the total annihilation engine and tries to be it's own thing, something does better, something does worse, but has still a decent online community, a campaign, multiplayer coop that's not just skirmish and fair ai

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16742 on: August 24, 2020, 05:29:35 pm »

GOG is doing a weird thing with their sale, a spot the difference picture for various discounts.

Answers if you don't want to look for them, plus what games they're for:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yay for boredom.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16743 on: September 01, 2020, 11:35:56 am »

Humble has a sale going on. Heat Signature is half price ($7.49 US), and probably other stuff.

Edit: Looks like Fable HD remake, the 2 good King's Bounty games and the remake, and Shadows of Mordor are also on sale and semi-interesting. I wouldn't say any are great games, but probably worth the sale price.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:51:52 am by Iduno »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16744 on: October 10, 2020, 04:37:54 pm »

The Yakuza games are on sale to celebrate the new one coming out. Looks like $5 for Yakuza 0, or $30 for all 3 of them.

Bad news is it's on Steam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: October 10, 2020, 04:40:28 pm »

The Yakuza games are on sale to celebrate the new one coming out. Looks like $5 for Yakuza 0, or $30 for all 3 of them.

Bad news is it's on Steam.

I haven't had any trouble with the steam releases, other than that Yakuza 3-6 aren't available at all.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16746 on: October 10, 2020, 04:59:31 pm »

Also Sega is having a big sale celebrating their 30th so a bunch of their stuff is discounted. Good time to grab any of the TW stuff you might've missed.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16747 on: October 10, 2020, 05:17:26 pm »

Also Sega is having a big sale celebrating their 30th so a bunch of their stuff is discounted. Good time to grab any of the TW stuff you might've missed.
Wait... don't you mean their 60th? Sega's been around since the 60s.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16748 on: October 10, 2020, 06:25:03 pm »

The 1940's, if you consider shutting down a company and then opening up a totally new company with everything except the name identical still part of Sega's history.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16749 on: October 10, 2020, 08:55:24 pm »

The 1940's, if you consider shutting down a company and then opening up a totally new company with everything except the name identical still part of Sega's history.

Fans of a certain Scottish football team would certainly like us to think so trololol
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16750 on: October 18, 2020, 11:54:48 am »

Later today, https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368460/Golden_Axed_A_Cancelled_Prototype/ will be available for free, for a single day.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16751 on: October 18, 2020, 10:50:34 pm »

Later today, https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368460/Golden_Axed_A_Cancelled_Prototype/ will be available for free, for a single day.

Apparently SEGA forced people to work a lot of overtime to get it made in 6 days, and then didn't credit the creators when they released it.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16752 on: October 18, 2020, 11:52:55 pm »

See here for more context (a twitter thread).

Pretty crummy, though the two here aren't urging people to not pick it up or anything. (They also warn it's very short and unfinished, being what it is.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16753 on: October 19, 2020, 02:15:16 am »

Five minutes to figure out you have to manually set inputs to something other than a joystick, 30 seconds to play through. Pretty neat for a proof of concept, though. Really good art direction, too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16754 on: October 20, 2020, 01:10:53 pm »

Europa Universalis II is free at GOG. 90+ hours left to claim it.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1134