Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454788 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15300 on: October 04, 2018, 11:39:07 pm »

While I no longer have the dual-wield MP7s, the charge-up crossbow, the HIGH NOON SIMULATOR, or the incredibly big-ass shotgun, I do have a pump-action shotgun that has charged shots.

What's not to love?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: October 05, 2018, 01:03:14 am »

I do like Shadow Warrior 2, but I'm also immensely disappointed by it. I loved the style, level design, progression and enemies of 1, now they're all gone. I also loved how Lo Wang went from being a somewhat sociopathic punk to a wiser, maturer man by the end of the first game, as even mentioned one of the main characters. That character development is completely gone.

Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: October 05, 2018, 02:00:33 am »

It's a different beast from 1. Story is far weaker. On the other hand you have procedural levels, many weapons, and skills.  So in a way it's oddly reminiscent of a fps Diablo-like. I think they were aiming for that, they weren't quite successful but it's a decent game.  Works better as an on-and-off cathsrsis fps I feel.

There is something worth noting:  I get headaches with modern FPSs and SW2 was particularily bad in this regard, alongside Dying Light.  Main reason I dont play either anymore.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: October 05, 2018, 09:35:44 am »

Shadow Warrior 2 levels are procedural? I never got that impression out of the 6 or so hours I put in to the game.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: October 05, 2018, 10:53:13 am »

=https://www.player.one/shadow-warrior-2-introduce-procedural-content-generation-and-faster-loot-stream-533881They are procedural, and indeed if you realize some of the free DLC missions are far larger than you would expect, simply by telling the thing to spawn more map.

They are procedural in the same way XCOM2 is procedural, though... they use prebuilt chunks. Which is mostly OK but the style is very similar so it can seem a bit samey at times. My general feeling is that there is content missing from that game, and that somehow it was shipped with many features half implemented (and indeed the story is weakish and ends in a cliffhanger). It´s still *pretty good tho, so get it while you can.

*Again, I dont dislike SW2. I think it´s a great game and worth a buy. The only reason I dont play regularly anymore are the FPS headaches. I try to avoid FPP nowadays.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: October 07, 2018, 01:28:47 pm »

For the price of Free it's fantastic fun. It's one of the least serious games ever, but that's kinda the point really. I liked the RPG-lite elements in it - upgrading weapons and things can be fun and you get so much stuff that you can constantly tinker. I'd say if you want it to mean anything though you need to be on one of the higher difficulty levels so that you get enemies that spawn with resists and stuff.

Great fun if you want to switch off and blast stuff, but nothing more than that.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: October 10, 2018, 10:57:41 am »

Looks like XCOM 2 is having a sale right now on steam for anyone who doesn't have it yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: October 10, 2018, 12:59:30 pm »

Looks like XCOM 2 is having a sale right now on steam for anyone who doesn't have it yet.
It also has new free (temporarily) DLC for it with a bunch of new content, including the opportunity to listen to Lily and Bradford brag about their exploits while being clearly very, very drunk.

"oh yeah Commander, did I ever tell you about the time we were rebuilding after you were captured and Earth was lost, we salvaged plasma weapons and power armor from the aliens and I singlehandedly killed two avatars and a gatekeeper using my awesome super sword that may or may not be the one being used by the Chosen assassin?

What do you mean what happened to all the gear? Oh... we kinda... lost it."

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: October 10, 2018, 01:10:24 pm »

It also has new free (temporarily) DLC for it with a bunch of new content, including the opportunity to listen to Lily and Bradford brag about their exploits while being clearly very, very drunk.

"oh yeah Commander, did I ever tell you about the time we were rebuilding after you were captured and Earth was lost, we salvaged plasma weapons and power armor from the aliens and I singlehandedly killed two avatars and a gatekeeper using my awesome super sword that may or may not be the one being used by the Chosen assassin?

What do you mean what happened to all the gear? Oh... we kinda... lost it."

It's pretty fun for what it is. 

Basically, for anyone who does not have the XCOM2 War of the Chosen (WotC) expansion/DLC, this The LEgacy Pack (TLE) is a free if you own WotC, or buy WotC before early December (I think Dec 3, 2018).  After this date, TLE will cost around $8.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: October 10, 2018, 02:06:31 pm »

As someone with WotC, do I receive it automatically or do I have to claim it?
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: October 10, 2018, 02:45:43 pm »

As someone with WotC, do I receive it automatically or do I have to claim it?
Automatically. I checked and already had it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: October 10, 2018, 02:58:33 pm »

yep, i see the WotC-TLC dlc in there. i need to clear some space and reinstall XCOM 2 one day.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: October 15, 2018, 07:23:01 am »

The Dark Souls 3 Deluxe Edition (base game+all DLC) is for 70-ish % off on Humble, going down from 85ish euros to 25 euros, will be on sale for another 3 days and a couple of hours from this post.

Damn steal at that price for the sheer amount of possible hours you can get from the thing.

Linky
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: October 17, 2018, 04:13:50 pm »

fanatical's doing a very solid bundle that has rebel galaxy (a pretty cool space sim reminiscent of old naval battles) for 1 buck.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/origins-bundle
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: October 18, 2018, 10:30:11 am »

fanatical's doing a very solid bundle that has rebel galaxy (a pretty cool space sim reminiscent of old naval battles) for 1 buck.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/origins-bundle
Anyone have opinions on Outpost Zero? Survival crafting thing with a focus on your NPC mooks sounds nice, but Steam reviews are mixed and it's got the usual shroud of being Early Access.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1134