Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454375 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13425 on: August 14, 2016, 09:33:46 am »

Just for the record, Dungeons II isn't like DK - it has more of an traditional RTS feel to it - but it's got pretty solid gameplay and a decent amount of content. Got it on a sale, and it's one of the few games I actually bothered to finish.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13426 on: August 17, 2016, 12:22:20 pm »

The Killer Bundle 8 contains Star Ruler 2 along with a bunch of other stuff that looks mostly meh, all for $5!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: August 18, 2016, 05:49:45 am »

The Killer Bundle 8 contains Star Ruler 2 along with a bunch of other stuff that looks mostly meh, all for $5!

Star Ruler 2 is easily worth $5 by itself. A truly hidden gem.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: August 18, 2016, 07:20:26 am »

Ugh, I really want Reigns, it looks good. But I don't have the cash atm. I do have 4 steam games sitting in my inv unused as well as two copies of the Payday Christmas soundtrack.
The games are; Fight the Dragon, Insurgency, Running with Rifles, Dungeons Gold and Rise of Venice...

Willing to trade a game for Reigns... :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: August 18, 2016, 07:33:48 am »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: August 18, 2016, 11:35:49 am »

empyrion is half price http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/

I saw that yesterday and it's tempting. How does it sit when placed next to Space Engineers or StarMade?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: August 18, 2016, 11:44:40 am »

If you are into WW2 navy battles, this could be up your boat.

$5.50 for Victory At Sea on Chrono.gg :) Come forth, ye grognards.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: August 18, 2016, 11:54:11 am »

I saw that. Has anyone played it?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #13433 on: August 18, 2016, 01:55:54 pm »

I saw that yesterday and it's tempting. How does it sit when placed next to Space Engineers or StarMade?

Of the three I like star made system the most, which sits in complexity of designing between space engineers and empyrion , where functional stuff like turret and weapons are single elements. That said, empyrion has a single player or multiplayer pve content that is playable _now_ so if that matters it's the best of the three (and this is why it is the one I play the most currently, having all of them to choose, togheter witn from the depths)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13434 on: August 18, 2016, 09:31:54 pm »

Compared to SE, empyrion has significantly better survival elements, but SE has better physics/graphics.

Empyrion is a survival game that lets you build spaceships and bases

SE is a building... simulator? I hesitate to call it a game... that has some bare-bones, token survival elements tacked on.

Empyrion is also significantly "earlier access" and is (probably) going to have a lot more added to it, so it's hard to say where it's going to end up exactly.

-------------------------------------

Mass effect 3 is $10 again on origin. Like last time, I'm tempted to buy it... but once again no DLC is on sale and it cost like $50 or some goddamn thing to get it all because bioware points.

Why you gotta be like that EA?

I'll probably just buy the base game and watch a youtube video of the DLC I suppose (all the smug satisfaction of pirating it, without actually breaking the law)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13435 on: August 18, 2016, 09:38:17 pm »

I'd say that the Citadel DLC at least might be worth it...it's pretty fun and hangs plenty of lampshades on the series and games in general.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: August 18, 2016, 11:08:07 pm »

Citadel is fun if you're into something a bit light-hearted and rather self-referential to the series and fanbase, but the latter in particular is not to everyone's tastes.  Leviathan is...OK, giving a bit of (slightly polarizing, as most of the game was) backstory to the Reapers, but is probably fine picking up a video runthrough.  From Ashes is irritating in that it's basically a pay-walled extra companion, especially since it did flesh out a lot of things that really should have made it free.  Omega is apparently basically just a run-and-gun if you didn't get enough of Aria and Omega from ME2, but it was one of the ones I didn't pick up.  The rest are either free (Extended Cut, without question) or can be ignored. 

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: August 18, 2016, 11:46:45 pm »

I'd say that the Citadel DLC at least might be worth it...it's pretty fun and hangs plenty of lampshades on the series and games in general.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Except citadel DLC costs 1200 bioware points, which then only sell in multiples of 800, making the cost effectively $20 unless I buy another 800 points to get the other 1200 point DLC, because that's literally the only way to use up those points (since the other DLCs are an even 800)

At that point I've spent $30 for only 50% of the story DLCs for a game that only cost $10.

No thanks
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13438 on: August 19, 2016, 12:19:16 am »

Ah. Well then, I can see why you'd rather not get it. Had no idea that the DLCs were so friggin expensive :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13439 on: August 19, 2016, 12:19:39 am »

Empyrion might be worth $10 if you enjoy survival games in general and are willing to spend money on future potential.

Here's the tl;dr: It's a mediocre Space Engineers clone that does everything SE does except worse or more limited, and tacks on a bunch of generic survival game standards (exp bar, food + hydration meter, &c.) to try to differentiate itself from SE.

The greatest difficulty I had in my time playing Empyrion was navigating the menus, which are all helpfully labeled with X-Com standard-issue vague blurry image buttons. It had an extensive tutorial to explain the most basic elements of the game (get food, make weapon, build shit) because it's not really evident how to do any of that.

The construction: Like SE, except shitty and more like Minecraft. You have intermediate components, but since you craft everything in your magic crafting tube and place equipment + blocks as finished, sealed products directly from your toolbar those basically only exist to force you to do a bunch of extra clicks in the crafting menu. Has the same weak-metal/strong-metal dynamic, except you can also make blocks out of ~wood~.

The resourcing: Literally just a less precise SE drill with the addition of standard-survival-game food/medicine-dispenser plants that you can pick from. Oh, and you have a free in-built super-long-ranged ore detector which automatically waypoints all deposits for you. And a free Troncycle that doesn't consume any resources whatsoever so you can go basically anywhere you want on the planet without risk, major time expenditure, or needing to build your own vehicle.

The combat: But wait! Empyrion has combat! With more than three total weapons and actual enemy types instead of flying turret platforms!

Yes. And the enemy AI consists entirely of conga-lining directly towards you after detection until they die or get in range to attack, at which point they sit there attacking until they die or you move out of range. Oh, and the guns have no reactivity at all. You can't tell that you're firing apart from a slight sound and occasional pixels of blood. I genuinely couldn't even tell if the guns were hitscan or modeled projectile, if there was drop, &c. because you get so little feedback from the game. Also the random naked lizardmen with spears take close to twice the damage to kill as the basic armored flying drones. -_-

Not to mention other issues. There's no sprint animation unless you count the bottom of the screen tearing as your model clips through the camera's perspective an animation. You get a free resourceless jetpack which is cool and all but isn't Empyrion's thing supposed to be that it's a survival game?

--

The bottom line: Empyrion is billed as a more combat and survival-oriented Space Engineers, but it does a shit job at the former and is actually worse at the latter while also being worse at everything SE does well. But hey, maybe your ship's turrets won't track and shoot through it at enemies. To be blunt, I played 3079 blind a decent amount soon after the early releases started coming out, and that was less confusing than navigating Empyrion's basic menus. SE's opening hours on a new character are both more challenging (sadly enough) and vastly more intuitive than Empyrion's.

Stereotypical Early Access survival game material, in other words. If I want space and construction I'll play SE. If I want combat I'll play Rust or ArmA III: Exile. Empyrion is very JoaT as such games go, and it shows. Maybe it'll be a wine, maybe it'll be milk, we'll see.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 1134