Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457134 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12615 on: December 22, 2015, 05:02:12 pm »

Edit:  I'm not complaining mind you, just wondering if the games sitting at 30-40% that I'm on the fence about might get a bit better.

Nope, what you see is what you get.  Those are the discounts for this sale.

I completely understand why Valve made the changes...  Less pre-planning, less load spikes on the servers, less muss n' fuss for everyone.  I'm a little surprised it took as long as it did to happen.
I imagine the refund policy played into the decision too. Buy a game, refund it the next day because the sale price is lower. Probably an annoying amount of work for valve's refund system.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12616 on: December 22, 2015, 05:14:14 pm »

Nothing interests me this time, thank god as I've committed my x'mas money to Lego...

These ones caught my attention though:

Endless Legend 66% off
Dying Light 66% off
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: December 22, 2015, 05:18:09 pm »

Nothing interests me this time, thank god as I've committed my x'mas money to Lego...

Uhhh, isn't that like swearing off beer because it is cutting into your heroin budget?  O_o  Lego can be _way_ more expensive than games, for sure.

I'd have bought Endless Legend all-the-things at that discount... if I could run it.  :(
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: December 22, 2015, 05:18:54 pm »

Question, arguably better suited for somewhere else but hey you guys might have...

Elite: Dangerous; worth buying? I quite like economic sim type games (Patrician series, Port Royale series, Capitalism series...) and I like space...

My PC apparently meets the minimum requirements... bonus since I'm not really swayed by graphics, but... will this be a problem?

Don't buy the original. They just launched the first major expansion, which is the same base price (and also on sale,albeit for less of a discount) while coming with the entire base game + all the new shit. If you buy the original release, you have to spend double the money to get the new stuff.

Keep in mind, it's a spaceflight sim first and foremost. What you >do< is fly your ship; how you fly it and what you fly depends on whether you're hauling legitimate cargoes, bounty-hunting, mining, exploring new star systems, being piratical, fencing stolen goods, smuggling, &c. Ferex, even if you trade above-board (and thus don't need to sneak into stations while running dark), you still need to be a competent pilot--most human players will let you go if you drop some cargo after they interdict you, but AI might not, and it helps keep profits up if you can avoid being caught in the first place.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: December 22, 2015, 05:24:21 pm »

Any thoughts on the new expansion? Are all the planets lifeless balls of rock or is there some actual variety going on?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12620 on: December 22, 2015, 05:27:31 pm »

Any thoughts on the new expansion? Are all the planets lifeless balls of rock or is there some actual variety going on?
Well we only have non-atmospheric planets this season so by definition they're lifeless balls of rock or ice. There IS stuff to find though, like crashed ships and pirate caches of goods.

Still I'd wait a while for Horizons to go on sale. Only the original game is on sale, which is weird because Horizons includes the original game.

Actually if ED is on sale for 10 bucks and you get a 15 dollar discount on Horizons for owning ED then I guess that is 5 dollars off?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: December 22, 2015, 06:03:32 pm »

I'm amused by Skyrim having a lower discount price than Morrowind. Goes to show which is actually the better game. :P

In other news, Echelon Wind Warriors, the sequel to the Echelon game I spoke of previously, is on a good sale now. If you weren't daunted by the age and the potential compatibility issues, and tried and liked the original, this one will bring forth more of the same, and in a slightly prettier graphics engine to boot.

Also Chaos Reborn is half off. Which I see as as good a reason as any to buy it.
And Deponia: The Complete Journey, a single title encompassing all three Deponia games with some added bonuses, is also finally on sale again. If you ever have a craving for some funny and interesting classic-style questing, that's probably the game to get. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12622 on: December 22, 2015, 06:04:58 pm »

Something handy if you own a bunch of games and want to check out which dlc's for them are on sale.
https://steamdb.info/sales/?displayOnly=OwnedGamesDLC&category=0&cc=uk&merged=true Make sure to hit the 'hide owned games' checkbox.

Not sure how much I'll actually buy on this sale. I have a £40 steam wallet card that I know of coming for xmas, but I've already earmarked that for Fallout 4 once BT get around to fixing my net connection(browsing at speeds I last saw 20 years ago is painful). Beyond grabbing content dlc's, I have enough games in my backlog that I haven't even started up once to be too enthusiastic about spending to grab more.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: December 22, 2015, 06:25:03 pm »

What do I do with those mystery cards Steam gave me for buying games during the sale? The text on some of them are errors.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12624 on: December 22, 2015, 06:26:49 pm »

What do I do with those mystery cards Steam gave me for buying games during the sale? The text on some of them are errors.
My plan is to sell them, because the metagames around these sales are usually lackluster

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: December 22, 2015, 06:29:39 pm »

Well we only have non-atmospheric planets this season so by definition they're lifeless balls of rock or ice. There IS stuff to find though, like crashed ships and pirate caches of goods.
Bleh. I just want first-person galaxy-exploration and planet-colonization and empire-building, is that too much to ask? :c

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: December 22, 2015, 06:30:01 pm »

Sell or make a badge out of them. What do you mean by errors?

My plan is to sell them, because the metagames around these sales are usually lackluster
There doesn't seem to be one, other than some comic with a new page each day.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12627 on: December 22, 2015, 06:32:16 pm »

Bleh. I just want first-person galaxy-exploration and planet-colonization and empire-building, is that too much to ask? :c
Well, Elite will have some of that. Eventually. Between SC, Elite and EVE Online you could probably do that. If you squint a bit

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: December 22, 2015, 06:49:15 pm »

Well, Elite will have some of that. Eventually. Between SC, Elite and EVE Online you could probably do that. If you squint a bit
SC?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12629 on: December 22, 2015, 06:57:23 pm »

Star Citizen
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1134