Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457156 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12600 on: December 21, 2015, 10:59:08 pm »

I really loved playing Dragon's Dogma on PS3, but if there's anything that disappointed me, it was the lack of multiplayer and/or the incredible stupidity of your AI buddies. The game is really, really hard to solo (it's pretty much built so you have to have a party to survive) but the AIs simply aren't fun to fight with. Melee fighters don't protect you very well if you're playing a caster, casters keep standing in the wrong places and getting annihilated so you have to repeatedly pick them up off the ground... it ain't good.

tl;dr - It's a game that absolutely begs for multiplayer but doesn't have it.

Edit - And it doesn't look like Dragon's Dogma Online will be coming to the west anytime soon... if at all. I cry everytiem.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: December 21, 2015, 11:02:52 pm »

Solo isn't so bad if you get the Assassin augment (don't remember the name offhand) that greatly buffs your stats when you're alone. When I originally had the game on the Xbox 360, I played through it seven or eight times and at least half of those were pure solo runs due to that augment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: December 22, 2015, 12:49:17 pm »

+1 to Dragon's Dogma...  it is basically Japan's take on a ye olde western fantasy game.  I have spent quite a few hours on this and its Dark Arisen expansion.

Yes, you will be annoyed by how often Pawns will spew out their one liners.  As if goblins are a threat anymore...  (It will probably be one of the first and most popular mods if it is possible to change...)

Oh right, there is an upload feature.  Your Pawn gets shared and you can use other people's pawns.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: December 22, 2015, 01:13:25 pm »

Winter sale has started. Going to try to look at what the deals are like compared to the rest of the sales.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia
« Reply #12604 on: December 22, 2015, 01:39:59 pm »

Winter sale has started. Going to try to look at what the deals are like compared to the rest of the sales.

Wow Steam has really fallen over. Usually it's about 15 minutes into the sale when it calms down a bit, but we're 40 minutes in it's still almost entirely glitched out. (I'm going to spend the next week or so constantly refreshing our sales stats.)
Making Maia; a space colony management sim: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12605 on: December 22, 2015, 01:40:33 pm »

Yup, Steam is kerplopped. I'll try to look again later I guess. Seems they are doing trading cards again, but not possible to get them just now on account of the kerplop.

EDIT: I also don't appear to be able to view my wishlist. I hope that gets fixed soon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: December 22, 2015, 01:44:50 pm »

I'm looking at my wishlist right now (keep trying if you can't get it right away), and there is a LOT on sale. Pretty good sales, too ._.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12607 on: December 22, 2015, 01:53:53 pm »

When I click the button for my wishlist it just takes me to my profile. It doesn't even have the number on the wishlist button saying how many games are on the list, as though my list is empty... I sure hope they didn't glitch up and lose my whole wishlist. :/

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: December 22, 2015, 01:57:30 pm »

Hmm, yeah, my wishlist seems broken as well. Keeps redirecting back to my main profile...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: December 22, 2015, 02:05:01 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: December 22, 2015, 02:52:21 pm »

Holy heck, 66% discount and sims 3+dlc still comes out to +100 bucks.
EDIT: Though, I guess I could shave off 70 49(7) bucks on the stuff packs alone...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:55:39 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12611 on: December 22, 2015, 03:27:36 pm »

Ah, Steam and wishlist working again. Time to buy myself some Xmas presents!

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: December 22, 2015, 04:07:39 pm »

Hmmm... so is there really no form of surprise deal?  I knew the flash sales might be going away but are we already looking at the best everything is going to get?

Edit:  I'm not complaining mind you, just wondering if the games sitting at 30-40% that I'm on the fence about might get a bit better.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:11:55 pm by acidia »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: December 22, 2015, 04:32:21 pm »

Edit:  I'm not complaining mind you, just wondering if the games sitting at 30-40% that I'm on the fence about might get a bit better.

Nope, what you see is what you get.  Those are the discounts for this sale.

I completely understand why Valve made the changes...  Less pre-planning, less load spikes on the servers, less muss n' fuss for everyone.  I'm a little surprised it took as long as it did to happen.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: December 22, 2015, 04:40:32 pm »

Question, arguably better suited for somewhere else but hey you guys might have...

Elite: Dangerous; worth buying? I quite like economic sim type games (Patrician series, Port Royale series, Capitalism series...) and I like space...

My PC apparently meets the minimum requirements... bonus since I'm not really swayed by graphics, but... will this be a problem?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1134