Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452252 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8595 on: June 21, 2014, 04:48:42 am »

Bioshock for 5 monies. Bioshock 1+2 for 10 monies. Buy the triple pack containing BS Infinite and you only pay 10,2 monies for the whole.
Link

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: June 21, 2014, 08:39:33 am »

Is EYE worth it for the singleplayer alone? My internet connection pretty much eliminates the possibility of multiplayer.

I never tried competitive play, and only co-oped a little with friends.  The single player is where it's at, and for me it was one of the more enjoyable solo FPS experiences.

It's a very weird game.  I haven't tried the patch but the game seemed offense-heavy, in that it's easy to kill enemies and easy to be killed (though as a space templar you *usually* stand back up after a few seconds).  I was impressed with the stealth and hacking mechanics, which let you detect enemies through walls and avoid them, or have them fight each other a bit.  Those aspects can be ignored though if you choose strong weapons and armor.

It has a generously paced RPG upgrade progression which lets you invest in stealthy tech powers, twisted psychic powers, or overpowered weapons.  About halfway through the first playthrough I got my money and strength up high enough for this weird pistol that kills most things dead.  It sounds like a sniper rifle to fire.  I dual-wielded it with a sword and felt like a space marine.  This was all despite spending most of my money and points on stealth/tech stuff...  You aren't locked into a certain playstyle, despite what the character creation would suggest.

It takes a while to get through the story mode, particularly if you do the repeatable side-missions for extra money (My favorite was raiding a warrior-monk temple to assassinate the leader).  I enjoyed it enough to play through about 5 more times, eventually achieving the other 2 endings and unlocking the true secret ultimate ending, which made even less sense than the rest but was still oddly satisfying.

Good points:
Hack people through walls
Dual swords which block bullets
Several story high demons
Plot has moments of clarity

Bad points:
Lots of walking until speed upgrades
Easy to die a lot at first
Hunting for objectives in certain side missions
Enemy airships in a certain level, unless you have aforementioned pistol
Where am I, what's happening, why are they shooting me, why aren't *they* shooting me, did my ally just insult me or say hello
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: June 21, 2014, 11:02:52 am »

Is EYE worth it for the singleplayer alone? My internet connection pretty much eliminates the possibility of multiplayer.

I never tried competitive play, and only co-oped a little with friends.  The single player is where it's at, and for me it was one of the more enjoyable solo FPS experiences.

It's a very weird game.  I haven't tried the patch but the game seemed offense-heavy, in that it's easy to kill enemies and easy to be killed (though as a space templar you *usually* stand back up after a few seconds).  I was impressed with the stealth and hacking mechanics, which let you detect enemies through walls and avoid them, or have them fight each other a bit.  Those aspects can be ignored though if you choose strong weapons and armor.

It has a generously paced RPG upgrade progression which lets you invest in stealthy tech powers, twisted psychic powers, or overpowered weapons.  About halfway through the first playthrough I got my money and strength up high enough for this weird pistol that kills most things dead.  It sounds like a sniper rifle to fire.  I dual-wielded it with a sword and felt like a space marine.  This was all despite spending most of my money and points on stealth/tech stuff...  You aren't locked into a certain playstyle, despite what the character creation would suggest.

It takes a while to get through the story mode, particularly if you do the repeatable side-missions for extra money (My favorite was raiding a warrior-monk temple to assassinate the leader).  I enjoyed it enough to play through about 5 more times, eventually achieving the other 2 endings and unlocking the true secret ultimate ending, which made even less sense than the rest but was still oddly satisfying.

Good points:
Hack people through walls
Dual swords which block bullets
Several story high demons
Plot has moments of clarity

Bad points:
Lots of walking until speed upgrades
Easy to die a lot at first
Hunting for objectives in certain side missions
Enemy airships in a certain level, unless you have aforementioned pistol
Where am I, what's happening, why are they shooting me, why aren't *they* shooting me, did my ally just insult me or say hello
looks amazing, I need to buy it

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8598 on: June 21, 2014, 11:15:44 am »

I have been gifted a copy by one of the very generous members of our community. : D If I can avoid motion sickness long enough, it sounds like I'm in for some good times.

1. If you don't have the Stanley Parable yet, go get it now. It's 60% off.

2. Skyrim is EUR 3.74 and now I'm going to have to buy it and then I'll never go outside again, thanks a lot Steam for ruining my life.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:38:16 pm by Sappho »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: June 21, 2014, 12:46:15 pm »

Whelp... i wanted to buy Amalur but when i saw Skyring i was like... yep gotta grab that.

Now i have to install several extra gigabytes of mods on top.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: June 21, 2014, 01:00:46 pm »

There's also Rocksmith 2014 on a flash sale right now. If you plan on learning guitar or bass, GO GET IT NAO. It'll make it much more enjoyable and... well, let's put it that way - I've made more progress with it and its predecessor since October than I have for the previous four years of learning the guitar.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: June 21, 2014, 01:23:53 pm »

Skyrim Legendary Edition is currently cheaper than either the Dawnguard or Dragonborn expansions (£6.79 compared to £6.99 each), and includes Hearthfire as well. While you can probably customise further and add more content through mods alone it might still be worth it to some people. Not sure how much purely unmoddable content they add though.

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for £4.99 or Origins alone at £3.74 is nice as well. Probably most people have that though.

Also Papers Please on community flash sale for anyone who hasn't played it.

Rocksmith is tempting but requires a special cable to work (looks like £15-25 online) and is still £9.99 with the sale. A bit much to drop to sit in my library until I finally get around to trying to learn guitar again...

Not to mention that the £1.79 per song DLC is off-putting. But I'm guessing there is a way around that at least.

Ha, Sims 3 and all DLC on 66% off. Only £118.81 for the whole lot. I think I still have an Origin key from that Humble Bundle a while back that I never bothered working out how to activate...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: June 21, 2014, 01:26:45 pm »

Don't get into Sims, easy way to drop 300+ in a series >__>

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: June 21, 2014, 01:32:49 pm »

Yeah, if I ever felt like giving up on trying to play other games and installing it I'd stick to the core game and maybe mods. But do tend to get bored of that kind of thing and drop it fairly quickly anyway. Actually picked up the code expecting to give it away at some point.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: June 21, 2014, 01:36:13 pm »

I tried Sims 3 once.

Descan the raging heterosexual broke up with his girlfriend after she cheated on him with another guy right in front of him.

It was awful.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #8605 on: June 21, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »

I tried Sims 3 once.

Descan the raging heterosexual broke up with his girlfriend after she cheated on him with another guy right in front of him.

It was awful.
This is poetry, friends.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: June 21, 2014, 02:18:33 pm »

I tried Sims 3 once.

It was awful.
WELP. Time to fire up The Sims again.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: June 21, 2014, 02:27:50 pm »

How does adding mods on Skyrim work? I know Steam supports it with the community content, what about the whole Skyrim Nexus thing? Does Steam basically do what the Nexus does? The only reason I'd get Skyrim for PC is for modding potential, I'd like to know more about it before I sink money into Skyrim.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: June 21, 2014, 02:34:02 pm »

How does adding mods on Skyrim work? I know Steam supports it with the community content, what about the whole Skyrim Nexus thing? Does Steam basically do what the Nexus does? The only reason I'd get Skyrim for PC is for modding potential, I'd like to know more about it before I sink money into Skyrim.

Steam basically does what the nexus does, though the nexus probably has a larger collection and steam has an, erm, cleaner collection. If you pick up the nexus mod manager it makes downloading and installing stuff as easy on steam, and  I would recommend picking up BOSS whichever way you download mods (BOSS auto sorts your mod load order.).
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: June 21, 2014, 02:41:57 pm »

Just got two 25% discount vouchers for Pixel Piracy... which is discounted 33% for the duration of the summer sale.
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 1134