Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452384 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8490 on: June 19, 2014, 09:48:03 pm »

No comments on Don't Starve! ?
Don't Starve is fun for a while, then it gets boring. I just got the DLC though, so it should get interesting again.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: June 19, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »

No comments on Don't Starve! ?
Don't Starve is fun for a while, then it gets boring. I just got the DLC though, so it should get interesting again.

Do you think the DLC is worth the discounted price of the full game? Without having played it, I honest have no idea how much it adds.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: June 19, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »

Don't Starve starts out really well with the whole survival thing but really lacks any kind of "end game". After you've gotten a renewable food source the game has basically nothing else for you to do as base building is rather minimal.

The biggest problem I have with Don't Starve is that it doesn't really feel like you're progressing to anything, especially on the harder difficulties. There are basically just two states, trying to survive and drowning in food.

It's worth picking up for the sale price though and is perfect on a laptop or some such if you're travelling. Skip the DLC until you've played the base game a bit. It's basically a "hardcore" expansion adding further woes to surviving such as new seasons.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: June 19, 2014, 10:30:12 pm »

I picked up Far Cry 3 finally because of this, but I'm torn between getting Dark Souls II now and hoping for a better sale on it to come up later. :/

Congratulations, FC3 is really great.

Don't Starve starts out really well with the whole survival thing but really lacks any kind of "end game". After you've gotten a renewable food source the game has basically nothing else for you to do as base building is rather minimal.

The biggest problem I have with Don't Starve is that it doesn't really feel like you're progressing to anything, especially on the harder difficulties. There are basically just two states, trying to survive and drowning in food.

It's worth picking up for the sale price though and is perfect on a laptop or some such if you're travelling. Skip the DLC until you've played the base game a bit. It's basically a "hardcore" expansion adding further woes to surviving such as new seasons.

You don't get to escape??  I keep meaning to give it a go, but haven't yet.

I haven't picked anything up yet, mostly because I already have all the great games I ever wanted (plus that nice GoG sale which had impeccable timing).  I signed up for a team (woo pink!) but I'm not really paying attention this time around.  Last time I got a couple of badges for games I like and now the whole thing is just bonus dosh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #8494 on: June 19, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »

The comments referring to nothing to do/drowning in food seem to come from someone that hasn't/doesn't go through Adventure mode.
The stuff before you go through Maxwell's door? It's called sandbox for a reason.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: June 19, 2014, 11:10:50 pm »

This is the worst time for me to have money troubles.

Ohh well it isn't like there are any great games I am waiting for.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: June 19, 2014, 11:27:43 pm »

If the card giveaways in this Steam summer sale are anything like the ones in the previous winter sale, then the system is rigged so that there's one card that is incredibly unlikely to drop for you, thereby forcing you to trade just to craft a badge. If you do anything that invalidates your Steam Guard status, you won't be able to trade for the duration of the sale, thereby locking you out from ever getting a badge (or from getting free Steam money, if you don't care about the badges) until the next sale.

Summer 2011 was the best Steam sale.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: June 20, 2014, 12:08:28 am »

A friend of mine linked me the hymn of rejoicing and despair:
http://gaben.tv
(relevant to thread title)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: June 20, 2014, 12:42:41 am »

Here's another one, I think more recent.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: June 20, 2014, 12:46:58 am »

Well, the points have potential to get free wishlist games from them, but that depends on your team winning. Otherwise yeah, sell.

That's 30 people from the winning team (of which there are 5), on an install base of ~65 million users.

Don't hold your breath.

Well, only people who actually contributed points are eligible, so as it stands, at maximum it's around 30 out of 300,000 or so.
Still not terribly great odds.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8500 on: June 20, 2014, 02:15:20 am »

What are the odds of The Walking Dead going down to 75% or lower? I've wanted that game for a while but I don't want to pay more than I have to...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: June 20, 2014, 02:16:55 am »

The first season? I'd say reasonably good. It's a highly-rated game and it's been out for a couple of years.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: June 20, 2014, 02:23:17 am »

Is there any chance that STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl will go on sale?  I want to know if I should get my hopes up or not.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: June 20, 2014, 02:43:58 am »

Is there any chance that STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl will go on sale?  I want to know if I should get my hopes up or not.

Historically, it's normally been on sale in September.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: June 20, 2014, 02:47:50 am »

Was going to get the Deep Ocean expansion for Anno 2070, and then I realized that I bought the game in retail, hence not having access on steam and not being able to get the DLC for cheap.

Much sad.  :'( :'(

Especially because it's cheaper to buy the entire game, and deep Ocean from steam, than buy the Deep Ocean Expansion from ubisoft.

Sadly, I don't have enough money in my steam wallet to do that. (And no time to add more, the flash sale will be over in an hour).
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1134