Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459863 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1200 on: October 31, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »

Any ideas on how likely Borderlands will be on sale for Christmas as well?

Or Bioshock 1/2 and Amnesia?

I really shouldn't spend money right now, but then it'd be financially irresponsible to not by them now if they're not going to get any cheaper when I do have the money to buy stuff. I think.
One of my Rules of Life: If you have to put that much thought into it... you don't have the money.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 31, 2011, 03:48:04 pm »

still want to know, should i Get L4D1 of L4D2 or both?
L4D2

All the L4D1 maps have been converted to L4D2...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 31, 2011, 04:56:00 pm »

L4D has the worst gaming community I've ever seen. If you show any sign of weakness in-game, you get kicked faster than a cat sneezes.

Playing with at least one friend is the way to go.

...Are you for real?  Only times I can think of being kicked like that during L4D are while still learning during versus matches, which is not unique to L4D (some people's tolerance for newbs goes out the window if their win-loss record is at stake), or if I got auto-matched into a group of friends who'd had someone lag out (sometimes they're nice enough to explain someone's coming back, sometimes not).

I would also recommend L4D2.  It added melee weapons, which does a bit for the game, and as pointed out, all maps have been converted.

KG

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 31, 2011, 05:37:11 pm »

I had a lot of bad experiences with L4D co-op as well which put me off it. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 31, 2011, 05:44:20 pm »

As was said, if you DON'T care about succeeding, co-op is fine. For me, I got really tired of knowing the levels like the back of my hand and having to teach people about it every time I played. Eventually, you just want to play a game of co-op with like-skilled people, and succeed. Rather than failing the same level 3 times in a row before you FINALLY manage to get someone to the finish.

Plus compared to the intensity of versus, co-op really is its poor cousin.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 31, 2011, 08:31:33 pm »

So, I gave in to my inner demons and bought STALKER: Call of Pripyat. Is it so horribly broken that I really need a fix mod to play? And if so, where do I find a good one?

Not really. The game is playable vanilla, but the Complete mods make it a lot better.

I alos finally broke down and bought the STALKER pack today. Best eight bucks I ever spent.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 31, 2011, 08:41:14 pm »

So, I gave in to my inner demons and bought STALKER: Call of Pripyat. Is it so horribly broken that I really need a fix mod to play? And if so, where do I find a good one?

Not really. The game is playable vanilla, but the Complete mods make it a lot better.

I alos finally broke down and bought the STALKER pack today. Best eight bucks I ever spent.

Yay it's on sale! *buys*

Now I can say goodbye to gametap. Who doesn't have any signs of life in their support department.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 31, 2011, 08:43:26 pm »

After ten minutes of aimless wandering followed by a deadly encounter with the strangest animations I've ever seen, I really really hope you're right. :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 31, 2011, 09:39:59 pm »

Does the complete mod require better specs to run? It says it has better graphics and AI, which I assume to require a better video card and CPU.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 31, 2011, 09:53:23 pm »

Does the complete mod require better specs to run? It says it has better graphics and AI, which I assume to require a better video card and CPU.
Yes, it does. But if you can handle the original game, you should be able to run the Complete mod on at least reasonable settings. And the CPU difference, I believe, is not a big one.
(I may be wrong on that, though; my processor has no issues at all, but it's a good one.)

After ten minutes of aimless wandering followed by a deadly encounter with the strangest animations I've ever seen, I really really hope you're right. :P
Even with the Complete mod, STALKER will always be an odd, clunky game. It doesn't make it perfect; and, in fact, the lack of excessive polish is one of the games' most appealing qualities, to me. Basically, most major glitches were removed, and the game was improved in a few aspects.
Out of curiosity, what kinds of strange animations did you see?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 31, 2011, 10:26:38 pm »

Stupid outdated threads and videos  >:(

How do I install the stalker complete mod on steam? I go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps and there are 3 folders, and a bunch of NCF files of my games (and one GCF file called winui, have no idea what it is).

The 3 folders are common, my username, and sourcemods. Which do I put the mod file in?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 31, 2011, 10:28:05 pm »

Go to common, then look for the stalker folder. Not sure what to do after that, but it probably includes dropping the files into some data folder.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 31, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »

1. download the latest installer for Complete mod
2. run the game for the first time just to the main menu
3. execute the installer and it will find the steam path for you and you're good.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 31, 2011, 10:30:19 pm »

Out of curiosity, what kinds of strange animations did you see?

I was wandering south on my way to do a fetch quest and ran across some mutated dudes who were running like gorillas. It wasn't a glitch, but it looked like they were floating along and waving their arms at the ground. Also their speed was very out of sync with the animation loop. I couldn't tell how fast or what direction they were going and subsequently fell victim to their lo-fi claws.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 31, 2011, 11:03:16 pm »

OMFG they put Costume Quest on sale for Halloween after all!

OH EM EFF GEEEEEE

Also, took Ghostbusters for a spin today, I recommend it to anybody still on the fence about it. $2.50 is a steal.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 1134