Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459660 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1005 on: September 23, 2011, 08:39:00 pm »

Alpha Protocol is awesome. Great gameplay, pretty good graphics, good story so far; buy it, everyone!

There is one serious problem, though. Roughly 60% of the times I move the camera, the game freezes up, or stalls. This is really annoying, because I turn the camera the most during a fight; it's also quite annoying in its own right. I tried turning all of the graphics down, but that didn't help. Does anyone know a fix for this? It's making an otherwise good game nearly unplayable.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 23, 2011, 08:47:00 pm »

Anyone tried "A game of thrones"? Worth the lowered sale price?

EDIT: Nevermind! Not released yet!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:56:28 pm by Fikes »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 23, 2011, 08:59:00 pm »

Alpha Protocol is awesome. Great gameplay, pretty good graphics, good story so far; buy it, everyone!

There is one serious problem, though. Roughly 60% of the times I move the camera, the game freezes up, or stalls. This is really annoying, because I turn the camera the most during a fight; it's also quite annoying in its own right. I tried turning all of the graphics down, but that didn't help. Does anyone know a fix for this? It's making an otherwise good game nearly unplayable.

Hrm, I seem to remember I had the same problem, but I fixed it.  I'll see if I can remember what I did.

Edit:  This looks familiar:

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?s=54db1efd3338d6c891d727bda6451283&showtopic=54971&st=15&p=1036513&#entry1036513

Edit2:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:13:48 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 23, 2011, 09:57:11 pm »

There is no mouse sensitivity adjustment that I can find, and I find the camera to be way too insensitive by default.  If I didn't have an adjustable mouse I'd be SOL...Alpha Protocol is not making a good first impression.  It's a bit heavy on the console-itis.

KG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 23, 2011, 10:45:21 pm »

I know there IS a sensitivity adjustment option, because I remember trying to find a balance between sanity in the minigames and sanity outside of them.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 23, 2011, 11:32:49 pm »

I know there IS a sensitivity adjustment option, because I remember trying to find a balance between sanity in the minigames and sanity outside of them.

Hmm, maybe it's under "Game" options then...definitely couldn't find it under "Controls".  I noticed that balance issue between menus and camera control too.

KG

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 25, 2011, 08:51:04 pm »

I've determined that minigames are not a strong point for this game. My computer is horrible by no means yet I had to turn most graphical details off to get it to a playable (yet still slightly sluggish) state. Then I came to the hacking minigame. You move two bits of text around, one with WASD and one with the mouse. You lock in one bit of text on a big grid of text with the space bar and the other with LMB. I failed three times because the controls are so horrible and it's mostly "flail about wildly until you figure it out for yourself."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 25, 2011, 09:15:40 pm »

The minigames are annoying but I've never had to spend AP to make them easier.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 26, 2011, 06:56:07 am »

Aliens vs Predator is again 4.99. Buy it now and get online because the multiplayer is kinda deserted :(

Edit: ah, it's already been mentioned. Nevertheless, BUY IT. And then add me and eat me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:58:09 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 26, 2011, 10:17:14 am »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 29, 2011, 02:10:55 pm »

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition for 8 bucks today. Worth it?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 29, 2011, 02:19:15 pm »

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition for 8 bucks today. Worth it?

Yes! Well, if it looks like your kind of game, anyway. But if you like turn-based strategy and can handle your best guys getting killed and maimed, it can be a blast.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 30, 2011, 10:45:56 pm »

K, War for Cybertron 8 bucks today, 13 hours left.

So, anyone played it? Is it worth it? It's not a LOT of money but I'd rather not spend $8 on a crummy game.

As usual, GameSpot gives it a "meh" review, and IGN praises it like pure epic gold.

I'm more inclined to believe GameSpot's impartiality over IGN's but, as an old saying goes "I want to believe."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 30, 2011, 10:51:34 pm »

I myself prefer Gamesradar review, but I digress. Anyways, after watching a few playthrough's and reading some reviews it seems to be a decent game that'll have some fun in it, so I suggest you get it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1019 on: September 30, 2011, 11:24:51 pm »

is Bloodbowl fun singleplayer?
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 1134