Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459603 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #975 on: September 22, 2011, 02:03:18 pm »

If I had 6 more dollars in my steam wallet (Fuck you magicka you unfun game) I'd probably get the Total War pack since having M2 and Rome Complete on steam might be useful down the line, heh, and Napoleon might be fun for like five minutes before I remembered how corrupt CA got around Empire.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 22, 2011, 02:46:58 pm »

Posting to watch (had made a standalone post for the Paradox stuff because a search for "steam sales" came up empty ::)).

EDIT: Great, I accidentally hit 2011 as my birth year and now I can't access the Alpha Protocol page at all.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:51:03 pm by Sergius »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 22, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »

EDIT: Great, I accidentally hit 2011 as my birth year and now I can't access the Alpha Protocol page at all.
Those things are so stupid.  Whenever I get those, I subtract 100 years if possible.  I was born in 1911.  It's been a fun century.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 22, 2011, 03:02:02 pm »

Fuck you Steam! Fuck you! Are you not content with the money you already took from me, do you have to take even more? Why can't you leave me alone. Now I'm going to end buying Shogun 2 Total War, and there goes 24 USDs... Fuck you!  :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 22, 2011, 03:10:27 pm »

Anyone happen to know if Aliens Vs Predator is worth 5 dollars?  I seem to remember it had some hiccups on launch, but they must have been mostly fixed by now?

Edit:  Mostly interested in the singleplayer.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:23:22 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 22, 2011, 03:39:58 pm »

Anyone happen to know if Aliens Vs Predator is worth 5 dollars?  I seem to remember it had some hiccups on launch, but they must have been mostly fixed by now?

Isn't that the one that came out on consoles too? I think so. My brother had that and we played it to the end. Only thing is, aside from the 3 single player campaigns and the somewhat boring challenge things, there isn't much replay value. Multiplayer was ridiculously unbalanced when we tried it, whoever is predator and uses the disc has a gargantuan advantage. 5 bucks is a great deal, but in the end it's up to you. If you have money to blow I would recommend it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 22, 2011, 03:44:55 pm »

Isn't that the one that came out on consoles too? I think so. My brother had that and we played it to the end. Only thing is, aside from the 3 single player campaigns and the somewhat boring challenge things, there isn't much replay value. Multiplayer was ridiculously unbalanced when we tried it, whoever is predator and uses the disc has a gargantuan advantage. 5 bucks is a great deal, but in the end it's up to you. If you have money to blow I would recommend it.

I got money to blow so I think I will now.  I wasn't really expecting replay value anyway.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 22, 2011, 04:36:49 pm »

I got money to blow so I think I will now.  I wasn't really expecting replay value anyway.  :)

It's a good creepy campaign, I'd say it's worth the $5.  I wouldn't bother buying the DLC for it though.

KG

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 22, 2011, 05:50:01 pm »

Buy. Alpha. Protocol. Now.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 22, 2011, 06:04:31 pm »

Shit, for 2 dollars? Do it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 22, 2011, 06:08:20 pm »

AS. IF. I. COULD. RUN. IT.  :P
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 22, 2011, 06:10:57 pm »

Someday you will be able to, and you will be glad you skipped on like a third of a sandwich to get it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:33 pm »

Someday you will be able to, and you will be glad you skipped on like a third of a sandwich to get it.

C'mon, I've had cheaper sandwiches. And they had almost no sawdust in them.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:33 pm »

$2.00. it's like buying yourself a present in the future. In fact, given the economic trend, $2.00 in a year will be worth something like $1.15.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 22, 2011, 07:57:30 pm »

$2.00. it's like buying yourself a present in the future. In fact, given the economic trend, $2.00 in a year will be worth something like $1.15.
Ah, yes, but that's the $2 from the future. The $2 you have now would be therefore be worth around $3 if you go by that rate.  :P

"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 1134