Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459582 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #915 on: August 25, 2011, 03:47:46 pm »

Such pretty colors...
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 25, 2011, 04:11:49 pm »

Why is WinDirStat so amazing? :o
Because of pretty, yet informative colors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Am I the only one perplexed by the size of those three .EXE files on the right middle?  They are bigger than some of the MP3 albums to the left (album I assume is [in blue].mp3s + [in red].jpg album art).  These could easily be 100MB+ executable files.  I guess I'm just not used to seeing them that large.

I guess they could be self extracting zips but three of them in such proximity and the same relative size.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 25, 2011, 04:44:56 pm »

Anyway back on topic...

Borderlands is 75% off this weekend. Not the best game I've ever played, but still a good time sink.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 25, 2011, 07:58:15 pm »

Yeah, I'd already used WinDirStat when I said that. It helped me clean large portions of my hard drive.

And re Borderlands: Boring. Not worth it at 25% of its cost, I'd say.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 25, 2011, 08:18:33 pm »

Yeah, I'd already used WinDirStat when I said that. It helped me clean large portions of my hard drive.

And re Borderlands: Boring. Not worth it at 25% of its cost, I'd say.

I'll heartily disagree with you there. I'd recommend it.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 25, 2011, 09:14:31 pm »

I also recommend it!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 25, 2011, 09:37:14 pm »

Heh, I still use Spacemonger. Might try out WinDirStat someday.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 25, 2011, 09:39:07 pm »

Oh man, I loved Borderlands....
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 26, 2011, 12:35:02 am »

CrimeCraft: Bleedout is free. I don't know if it's always free or just for a limited time. They're also giving away a stuff pack for new accounts. I've never heard of it and I have no idea if it's good, but I need a change so I'm downloading now.

I played CrimeCraft during Beta. It was decent. Not great - the loading between instances was really slow, and it got pretty frustrating at times because you'd have to go into PVP-only areas to complete a PVE mission. Combine that with it not being sure if it's a MMORPG with FPS elements or vice-versa, and I lost interest and stopped playing after a few weeks.

EDIT: I liked Borderlands, but the thing where ALL the enemies in an area respawn if you do pissed me off. When I was fighting a boss and then had to go through all the dudes again just to get to the fat bastard got really annoying, really fast.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:37:53 am by dragonshardz »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 26, 2011, 04:21:29 am »

Suffice it to say, I find WinDirStat more compelling than Borderlands.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 26, 2011, 04:40:03 am »

Suffice it to say, I find WinDirStat more compelling than Borderlands.
WinDirStat looks pretty entertaining, actually.
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #926 on: August 26, 2011, 06:15:54 am »

After an hour long firefight in the only mission I had available in which I refilled my ammo 3 times only to kill one large person by repeatedly shooting him in the head approximately 700 times I decided I didn't like borderlands.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 26, 2011, 11:17:53 am »

After an hour long firefight in the only mission I had available in which I refilled my ammo 3 times only to kill one large person by repeatedly shooting him in the head approximately 700 times I decided I didn't like borderlands.

What mission was that? I don't recall ever having that much trouble killing people in borderlands.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #928 on: August 26, 2011, 11:21:36 am »

What mission was that? I don't recall ever having that much trouble killing people in borderlands.
I don't remember, its been a while since I played. It was just after you unlock the vehicles and you have to go into some area to wipe out a bunch of guys (I know, that is EVERY mission). There was a big guy who absorbed every bullet from every gun I owned and that took him down by about 1/3 of his total health

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 26, 2011, 11:36:15 am »

I don't remember, its been a while since I played. It was just after you unlock the vehicles and you have to go into some area to wipe out a bunch of guys (I know, that is EVERY mission). There was a big guy who absorbed every bullet from every gun I owned and that took him down by about 1/3 of his total health

You probably just had shit guns tbh.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1134