Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458818 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2011, 06:21:42 pm »

Yup. I used to play Stunts a whole lot... Trackmania made me kind of want it, but then I think I would get bored of it really fast nowadays.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2011, 07:01:45 pm »

Played a free version (Trackmania nations?) a few years back. It was nothing special. Cars couldn't interact, for instance.
Well, the gameplay itself is time competition.  Why would cars be able to interact in a time competition?  You obviously didn't try creating tracks, or getting onto one of the servers with over a hundred racers.  There's really nothing else like it out there.  So, "nothing special"?  Right...

Soulwynd: Sure, if you just play the game.  It can last for quite a while if you get into making videos (look up the 1k project, for example) or tracks.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Gimhalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2011, 07:19:50 pm »

Anyone know what the online community is like for AI war nowadays? Easy to find a campaign? I've played it a bit singleplayer and I'm debating grabbing it on steam.

Also, since there's no steam bundle, is the DLC worth it or should I just stick with core + zenith remnant?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2011, 07:43:18 pm »

Soulwynd: Sure, if you just play the game.  It can last for quite a while if you get into making videos (look up the 1k project, for example) or tracks.
Yup, I saw some awesome videos, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be making them, or trying to make tracks. I'm also not into achievements, so trying to get the best time in a certain track wouldn't appeal to me either. I'm sure I would have fun with it now and then so I'm probably more fit for the free version.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2011, 02:07:26 am »

Yup, I saw some awesome videos, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be making them, or trying to make tracks. I'm also not into achievements, so trying to get the best time in a certain track wouldn't appeal to me either. I'm sure I would have fun with it now and then so I'm probably more fit for the free version.
Fun thing: Buying the full version lets you use custom car models (not just skins).
Ohai, corvette :3

I think I saw someone racing as a Scorpion from UT3.  There's some serious lulz to be had there.
...Oh, and the six other environments (from the Trackmanias of days gone by) aren't too shabby either.

I'll be honest.  I'm just like you, in terms of getting bored of games.  Trackmania United (IE after I bought it) is currently sitting at #9 in my most-played list, at 141 hours.  For the price I paid, $39.99, I consider that decently worthwhile.
For $10?  Forget about it.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2011, 04:18:53 am »

Got Tropico 3 pack for two TF2 hats, I always wanted to try at being a Dictator :D

What hats? :p

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2011, 10:21:54 am »

Got Tropico 3 pack for two TF2 hats, I always wanted to try at being a Dictator :D

What hats? :p
Lemme guess...
1) Reskinned baseball cap, green as Castro's hat.
2) ??? Farmer's Hat?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2011, 12:11:44 pm »

What a waste of hats. :(

Wait, those hats? Then you did well. :P

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2011, 04:30:37 pm »

I want Terraria really badly its awesome !

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2011, 06:46:12 pm »

Adwarf, sorry you missed out on the contest for terraria. Unfortunately, I gave away so many extra copies that now I am missing out on the Shogun sale, so I feel your pain.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2011, 07:51:10 pm »

Evil Genius is half off, at 5 bucks for those who don't have it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2011, 09:29:36 pm »

Anybody got evil genius on steam and can tell me if it is moddable/decently patched?

Also:  7.50 for farcry2 is worth the pennies if you are looking for a fun, meat and potatoes shooter imo
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2011, 09:35:02 pm »

Also:  7.50 for farcry2 is worth the pennies if you are looking for a fun, meat and potatoes shooter imo

I'd disagree...I got it with the Ubisoft complete pack awhile back, and found Far Cry 2 to be dreadfully repetitive, although it had some interesting mechanics.  Also, the vehicle mechanics were awful, especially considering the amount of time you spend driving them.

KG

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2011, 09:37:24 pm »

Bought it for $2.50 (on a NewEgg sale where they were selling leftover copies that were promos to go with vid cards or something...) crap, crap, and more crap.

It's like... imagine Crysis, except they put a sand-colored filter over the entire game. And removed anything interesting. Oh, the joy of killing everybody at a road checkpoint, drive 100 yards down the road, turn around, and come back to a completely respawned checkpoint.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2011, 09:40:55 pm »

It's like... imagine Crysis, except they put a sand-colored filter over the entire game. And removed anything interesting. Oh, the joy of killing everybody at a road checkpoint, drive 100 yards down the road, turn around, and come back to a completely respawned checkpoint.

Thiiiissss.  *rage

KG
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1134