Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458816 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2011, 06:05:17 pm »

Oooh, 1 2 3 Kick It is out.  And half off already?  Bad sign, but I will likely buy anyway.  Too bad I'm minecrafting.  So I may not buy immediately.  Sorry, Dejobaan.

Oh.  Upon reading closely, it's not out.  They're offering the free pre-release today and the full thing "when it's done".  That's confusing since the page says the release date is April 1st.

Well, I want SMB and The Ball, and wouldn't mind having tWEotW, Defense Grid, RUSH, Cogs, AaAaAA, and Killing Floor.  And, surprisingly, there are no duplicates at all with my current library.

Sold.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: threw in Hoard @ 25% off, Magicka @full price, LSW3 Revenge of the Lucas @ full price.  Will wait on SpaceChem and Cities in Motion until they go on sale.

Actually, I think I'll wait a few hours to see if I still want to buy.  I remember splurging on last summer's sale, and regretting it.

Check this out: Bulletstorm strategy guide
$20 for a strategy guide for a $60 game.  Pushed like the game can't be played right without the guide.  But if you buy as a package deal, the guide costs $9.  Yay.

Oh hell, it's the same thing with Dragon Age.  Man, no wonder I play indies.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:30:43 pm by 0x517A5D »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2011, 07:11:51 pm »

A much better way to market it would be selling it for a dollar with the tagline "Eh, you don't need it, buy it anyway"  :|
Shoes...

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2011, 07:44:00 pm »

A much better way to market it would be selling it for a dollar with the tagline "Eh, you don't need it, buy it anyway"  :|

Yah, that's what I'm planning with the Magicka $0.99 downloadable content.  It doesn't add anything useful that I can see.
  • Wizard's hat, no buffs mentioned.
  • Sharp sword, presumably a bit better than the base melee weapon.
  • Staff +1, presumably a bit better than the base staff.
  • Meteor Shower.  A new way to easily kill everything on the screen, including yourself and your buddies.
But damnifi won't buy it anyway.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2011, 08:28:19 pm »

Yah, that's what I'm planning with the Magicka $0.99 downloadable content.  It doesn't add anything useful that I can see.
  • Wizard's hat, no buffs mentioned.
  • Sharp sword, presumably a bit better than the base melee weapon.
  • Staff +1, presumably a bit better than the base staff.
  • Meteor Shower.  A new way to easily kill everything on the screen, including yourself and your buddies.
But damnifi won't buy it anyway.

Actually, that $0.99 DLC is just the pre-order bonuses, now available for non-pre-orderers. In case you're wondering, the Wizard's Hat gives a different skin (no real purpose, but it gives you a nice pointy hat, and it stands out!), the sword/staff are slight improvements over base equipment (but, since you start getting improved equipment minutes into the campaign anyways, they're totally useless - seriously, the Staff of the White Wizard can be obtained seconds after the tutorial dungeon!), and Meteor Shower is apparently, as you mentioned, a great way to randomly kill your allies while completely missing any enemies on screen.  ;)

And, even if you don't care about the whole bundle, buy KF! By sheer coincidence, I just got back into it, and finding a 'Normal' difficulty server that isn't overrun by maximum level characters would be swell!  ;D

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2011, 08:29:33 pm »

Must...buy...KF...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2011, 03:47:39 pm »

Is Magicka any good? Im considering buying it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2011, 03:58:51 pm »

It's quite good.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2011, 04:05:07 pm »

Is Magicka any good? Im considering buying it.
I'd say it's definitely worth it if you have someone to play it with.

Reminded me of the old days, me and my cousin would stay up all night playing co-op rentals. It's exactly what we did when I bought Magicka.

Haven't even tried it single player, though..

It's... alright in single-player. Certainly a heck of a lot more fun online, though.  :D

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2011, 06:18:41 pm »

The Alien Vs Predator remake is on sale for $4.99, along with all of the DLC at another $3.74.  I liked the older ones enough to give this a try, although paying for map packs bugs the heck out of me.

KG

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2011, 06:45:07 pm »

The Alien Vs Predator remake is on sale for $4.99, along with all of the DLC at another $3.74.  I liked the older ones enough to give this a try, although paying for map packs bugs the heck out of me.

KG

I haven't played it in months, but last I checked the online community wasn't exactly thriving.

If you're interested, I'd say the singleplayer content is worth $4.99. Probably not worth too much more than $4.99, though. And I would not recommend the DLC, unless you really enjoy the MP. (Remember, there's nothing saying you have to purchase the DLC at the same time; the deal is valid through Thursday, so you can purchase the main game first!)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2011, 11:07:19 pm »

KG

I haven't played it in months, but last I checked the online community wasn't exactly thriving.

If you're interested, I'd say the singleplayer content is worth $4.99. Probably not worth too much more than $4.99, though. And I would not recommend the DLC, unless you really enjoy the MP. (Remember, there's nothing saying you have to purchase the DLC at the same time; the deal is valid through Thursday, so you can purchase the main game first!)

At the rate my fail internet is downloading, it might take until Thursday...I went ahead and bought it already, though.  Once the price gets below $10 for a game, I tend to start equating it with eating in a night or two.

KG

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2011, 05:48:35 am »

Better to just buy the first avp and be done with it. Avp3 was just terrible in every single way it's possible to be terrible.

I have great memories of the first one, playing it when I was a wee lad and scaring the fuck out of myself (damn facehuggers).
Downloaded the game a few months ago and played around with the redux mod that was released, really makes the game a lot better and almost on par with modern game graphics.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2011, 01:07:24 pm »

I just bought it and i am going to wait to see if i really like it to buy the map packs.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:04 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5370/

You know you want too.

Very tempting offer, but alas, I am poor this week.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1134