Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456692 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11055 on: April 29, 2015, 12:24:35 pm »

Hm... It looks to me like most of this bundle is only redeemable on Uplay?

Uh... What's Uplay? Is it another thing like Origin? If so, exactly how evil is it? I was thinking of grabbing the $1 tier for nostalgia, but if I have to use another DRM to get the games, I'll probably never play them...
I think so but it is tied to Ubisoft instead of EA.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11056 on: April 29, 2015, 12:24:58 pm »

Uplay isn't so much evil as it is dumb and sometimes a security problem. Its by Ubisoft. And only them, as far as i know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: April 29, 2015, 12:41:21 pm »

If so, exactly how evil is it?

Less evil than Windows Live but more evil than Steam?     :P

I've never had trouble with it, but it does usually add an extra step to playing something.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: April 29, 2015, 12:47:49 pm »

I only play Ubisoft games on XBox to avoid it, but supposedly the DRM isn't as terribad anymore.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11059 on: April 29, 2015, 12:52:34 pm »

No Uplay isn't evil, just asinine, it won't even let you have shortcuts anymore.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11060 on: April 29, 2015, 01:34:58 pm »

Uplay isn't so much evil as it is dumb

No Uplay isn't evil, just asinine

This amuses me greatly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #11061 on: April 30, 2015, 04:15:30 am »

I only play Ubisoft games on XBox to avoid it, but supposedly the DRM isn't as terribad anymore.
Child Of Light was like 66% of achievements were also "ding! Uplay action completed" on Xbox One.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11062 on: May 01, 2015, 08:58:18 am »

Ohhh, IndieGala has got a surprisingly impressive new adventure bundle. The prices are set to go up after a day, but for now:

$1
The Journey Down: Chapter One
Runaway: The Dream Of the Turtle

$3.99
Eidolon
The Last Tinker: City of Colors
About Love, Hate and the other ones
Runaway: A Twist of Fate
Runaway: A Road Adventure
Venetica: Gold Edition
War, The Game
Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble
The Journey Down: Chapter Two

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: May 01, 2015, 10:08:38 am »

I was unaware this was actually released. Without checking, I just kind of assumed the company folded.

I may have to pick this up.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: May 01, 2015, 01:36:12 pm »

Uplay does actually have a nice little thing where doing achievements in Ubisoft games gives you points that you can use to unlock little bits of DLC like extra weapons, missions, &c. for games that you play through it. But yes, it's mostly just stupid and pointless rather than evil.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11065 on: May 01, 2015, 10:55:16 pm »

I was unaware this was actually released. Without checking, I just kind of assumed the company folded.

I may have to pick this up.

Yeah, that's what caught my eye. I enjoyed the first chapter. A few of the other games look pretty good, too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11066 on: May 03, 2015, 09:10:59 am »

via the paradox subreddit, I heard that GamesRepublic is having a sale on lots of europa universalis stuff, as well as a number of other things like Warlock 2. Link
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: May 03, 2015, 11:13:44 am »

Indiegamestand's new pay what you want deal is Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders, which looks like a sort of wargame. Anyone know how good this is? I enjoyed SotS much more for its lore than for its gameplay. Would love to see more of it, but not if the game is rubbish.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11068 on: May 03, 2015, 11:33:27 am »

Indiegamestand's new pay what you want deal is Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders, which looks like a sort of wargame. Anyone know how good this is? I enjoyed SotS much more for its lore than for its gameplay. Would love to see more of it, but not if the game is rubbish.
Dunno how good the gameplay is, but it looks like there are only 2 races playable in the base game with a third as DLC. That...doesn't exactly impress me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11069 on: May 03, 2015, 11:43:55 am »

I have been eying that one too for some time. Steam reviews are mixed though, with some saying it's decent if hard to learn, while others say it just doesn't deliver. Which is too bad, been waiting for a game which looks like Panzer General I ever since... I first played PGI? Dunno, for a minimum of 1$ it's still kinda tempting.

fakeedit: Huh, I remember they said there will be 3 races... and reading reviews there's also less campaign and scenarios than initially planned. And some talk about thread locking and post deleting over at forums. And the whole thing of game apparently going on 80% sale very quickly after coming out of EA. Kinda sad. Seems like Kerberos is really going down this time.

Also, GoG is having Activision sale this weekend. Call to Power 2 is tempting me. For shame, the sale is only 60% off. Then again, Activision games go on sale moderately often over there, so there's that.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 1134