Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456727 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11040 on: April 23, 2015, 01:24:24 pm »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:40:57 pm by penguinofhonor »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: April 23, 2015, 01:37:46 pm »

Crypt of the Necrodancer is on sale for full release day. It's out of Alpha. Also on sale at Humble. 25% off.

Skyrim free weekend and $5 for base game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:17:12 pm by BigD145 »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: April 23, 2015, 02:08:39 pm »

Wait, Sonlirain? I was 100% sure that was Neonivek. Weird. You guys should hang out.

Because we both dislike EA or can't stand mid 90's horrible 3D?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11043 on: April 23, 2015, 09:32:52 pm »

I imagine they avoided putting ME1 out there because it has some awful support issues, in that patches and non-DRM'd DLCs are largely more difficult to deal with (if possible at all) than the average gamer would endure.
As I was/am quite late to the ME party, and still haven't finished ME1 (working on it though, promise :P), I can personally attest to a quite difficult task to have a fully patched with all DLC on Win7 x64.
When I was getting ready to start my playthrough, there was barely anything on EA's site to even recognize that ME1 still existed. This was about 2 years ago (the interface burns me out quickly) but I can't imagine it's really improved for the better.
I don't remember the exact details, but I believe it was a combination of incompatibility with x64, as well as one of (the only? can't recall,) the DLCs basically not even existing anymore.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: April 23, 2015, 10:04:44 pm »

Steam roguelike sale is on. If you're dying for Crypt of the Necrodancer or starving for Don't Starve, now's your chance to get them and a number of other roguelikes at a lower price.

Oh man those puns were terrible

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: April 23, 2015, 11:07:30 pm »

I played through ME1 with basically no issues on my 360 - but I didn't include any of the DLC. The damn thing is obnoxiously long with all the side missions already and halfway through I was already sick of the inventory management. (When I got to ME2 and they'd taken that out, I was so very happy.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: April 23, 2015, 11:22:58 pm »

I feel like I'm the only one that preferred the ME1 inventory system.  It was slightly annoying, but as long as you made sure to keep it clean there wasn't much of a problem.  Modding sniper rifles for max damage made it so worth it. All they had to do was change a few things around to make it vastly better for the next game.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: April 23, 2015, 11:38:02 pm »

I wouldn't have minded the item variety of ME1 without all the "levels" in every single weapon or armor, maybe with the system of ME2 where just finding the armor or weapon adds it to your "equipment database" and finding a more powerful version simply updates the template. Then, actual stock of each item becomes irrelevant.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: April 23, 2015, 11:43:50 pm »

That's basically how ME3 did it, actually. Lots more weapon variety, you can add two mods per weapon, and each weapon is its own template which you can upgrade as you go. The best of both worlds IMHO.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: April 24, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »

There was good reason to expect something newer.
The origianl 8 games shown were very interesting titles like
Dragon age 1 and 2.
Mass Effect 2.
Dead Space 2

With those games being the main titles most people buying the bundle probably expected the remaining 4 "secret" games to be Mass Effect and Dead Space 1 to set the player up for the eventual purchase of the third game from the respective series (especially considering you could export Sheppy from game to game) and there weren't really many other known games EA could throw in there.

i might buy it just for the nostalgia factor.  i'll probably end up claiming the keys but never downloading them :/

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #11050 on: April 24, 2015, 05:15:18 pm »

I picked it up for the Dragon Age games, although I probably won't have time to play them haha. I keep finding deals on these big adventure games lately. I have picked up Drakensang: River of Time in a Groupees trade for some other game I have had for ages. I got Divinity 1 and 2 from the GOG sale. And now DA 1 and 2 plus Mass Effect 2.

That's 6 games that all take like a hundred hours each to play, all for less than 10 bucks. PC gaming on the cheap is definitely a thing these days. Especially if you can pick up a decent computer from a garage sale, which actually seems pretty easy around where I live. My dad got a fairly nice one that could run all of these games for 30 bucks, although he's just using it for internet browsing.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: April 28, 2015, 12:38:20 am »

Steam has 75% off the Blackguards bundle (1, 2, and a dlc for 1) bringing it to £9.99.  That's cheaper than buying 2 on its own (it's 33% off) and only marginally more than 1 on its own.

I've not played Blackguards 2 yet, but the first one was quite good - it had some issues with balance and maybe isn't the pinnacle of the genre, but you got about 40 hours of tactical combat, rpg-style character progression, and light story elements.  If the second one is as good again the bundle seems like a pretty good deal if you like that sort of thing.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: April 28, 2015, 09:48:41 pm »

So the newest humble bundle has a bunch of the Heroes of Might and Magic games. How is HoMM VI? I used to be a big fan of the series but haven't really played much past HoMM IV.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:46 pm »

So the newest humble bundle has a bunch of the Heroes of Might and Magic games. How is HoMM VI? I used to be a big fan of the series but haven't really played much past HoMM IV.

I... think 5 is closer to 3 and 6 is closer to 4? Mechanics-wise.

A friend bought VI and from his description it seemed a little wonky to me, but I'm a jaded stodgy asshole who played 3 a whole bunch and despised 4. For what it's worth, I thought 5 did a pretty good job if you don't mind a corniness level over 9000 in the cutscenes (I found them amusing) and a little over-reliance on RNG for the right skills during the upper-difficulty campaigns sometimes.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11054 on: April 29, 2015, 12:14:38 pm »

Hm... It looks to me like most of this bundle is only redeemable on Uplay?

Uh... What's Uplay? Is it another thing like Origin? If so, exactly how evil is it? I was thinking of grabbing the $1 tier for nostalgia, but if I have to use another DRM to get the games, I'll probably never play them...
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1134