Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456696 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10530 on: January 09, 2015, 09:15:59 pm »

Sakura Spirit?
*pops open Steam page*
I don't know, judging from the screens it looks like a deep, sorrowful game about a "sword girl" with palsy or severe arthritis that has her arm stuck behind her as a result of her condition, while her merciless "friends" mock her by hanging a sword on her as if she were an inanimate object whose sole purpose is to serve as a mute outlet for base urges and inhumane comedy.
Now I want to see an LP of this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: January 10, 2015, 01:26:31 am »

Dunno if anyone noticed, but the Steam Anime Sale is growing as the weekend goes on. I'm pretty sure that Killer Is Dead and One Way Heroics weren't listed yesterday, but today they are in addition to all of the previously-listed titles.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: January 10, 2015, 02:14:23 am »

Now I want to see an LP of this.
Everybody already did, gamegrumps played it and it probably owes 95% of its popularity, especially as a gag gift, to that. Here's the entire playlist.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: January 10, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »

So, Origin (*shudders*) has a New Year sale on, with a number of games/DLCs available on discount.  I'm kind of tempted to buy Dragon Age 2 at 50% off (so, £7.49).  I've not played it, or Inquisition.  I have played Origins and enjoyed it, but I'm aware they're very different games.  I've played through the Mass Effect trilogy, which might actually be a better comparison, maybe, I guess.  Hum.  Decisions decisions.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: January 10, 2015, 01:18:03 pm »

Mrm... I kinda liked dragon age 2. To a degree anyway. It has a lot of flaws but a little bit of charm.

Honestly I'd probably only pay $5 for it.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: January 10, 2015, 02:43:34 pm »

For the next fourish days, Orbital gear is $1 (or $0.75 as part of a four pack) on Bundlestars.
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/orbital-gear-game/
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/orbital-gear-4-pack/
This is a really fun, hectic game to play even if the gravity mechanics sometimes fluctuate between awesome and annoying. Last time I played the servers were tragically empty for the amount of fun my friends and I were having, and I think part of that is that it probably isn't deep enough to be worth the full list price. But! For $1 or less it's a steal. Bundlestars, of course, gives you a Steam key. (which is funny, because it's also currently on sale on Steam for $5/$3.75 as part of a four pack)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: January 10, 2015, 09:03:17 pm »

Geneforge Saga (1-5) at $3.99 for 39hrs.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: January 10, 2015, 11:25:15 pm »

Saints Rows 2, the Third, and IV, plus lotsa DLC, deeply discounted on the Humble Store for another day or so.

I'd pick up IV + all DLC for $7.49, but I haven't played the Third yet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: January 10, 2015, 11:28:24 pm »

Is that really a game series that you need to play the priors?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: January 10, 2015, 11:29:02 pm »

Not from what I've been told.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: January 10, 2015, 11:41:46 pm »

From what I've heard, the sequels get progressively sillier, and I doubt any of them had a terribly deep plot to begin with. The first one opened with "tha hood all wack, we gotta clean it up" and probably never went too far from there.

So yeah, you're probably pretty fine. Which isn't a qualifier I'd have to give if I'd bothered to play them myself after purchasing them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: January 10, 2015, 11:58:56 pm »

Is that really a game series that you need to play the priors?
Some characters from The Third make a reappearance in IV. Other than that...?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: January 11, 2015, 12:05:22 am »

There's not much hold over between the third and the second entries. Different location, build up from nothing. Two has got more of a serious, sociopathic lean to it than the more wacky style of three (of course, it's still silly but the main character comes off as more ruthless than in 3 or 4). There's pretty much only two or three common characters between games, and one of them has a really different personality where they're nearly not the same character.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: January 11, 2015, 12:17:40 am »

Saints Row 1 is pretty pointless. It's a straight GTA clone that isn't as good.

Saints Row 2 isn't too bad, though it's pretty dated now. It's still a GTA clone but it has a lot of silliness as well. I personally think this Saints Row had the best combination of the two. It also had a lot of quests that I remember till this day (e.g: failing to rescue your friend from torture, the weed jamaican car scene, etc.)

Saints Row 3 is pretty forgettable and also very short. The cast of characters is pretty cool though, but other than that it's not particularly impressive. Also they did that whole "let's kill the interesting villain straight off, then replace him with an unlikable moron".

Saints Row 4 is very fun but I don't think it's really an open world game any more. The plot is pretty short, concise, and it doesn't really expand on any open world things. I would treat it more like an action packed third person shooter like Uncharted rather than like GTA. In that sense it's very good, but does require knowledge of the previous games to kinda understand.

P.s: I used to use the male voice 1 for the series but when I replayed them I went female voice 1 and never looked back. She's so, so, sooooooooooooooooooooo much better and has so much personality. I can't see the boss as anyone else.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: January 11, 2015, 12:38:03 am »

Saints Row 1 is pretty pointless. It's a straight GTA clone that isn't as good.

Saints Row 2 isn't too bad, though it's pretty dated now. It's still a GTA clone but it has a lot of silliness as well. I personally think this Saints Row had the best combination of the two. It also had a lot of quests that I remember till this day (e.g: failing to rescue your friend from torture, the weed jamaican car scene, etc.)

Saints Row 3 is pretty forgettable and also very short. The cast of characters is pretty cool though, but other than that it's not particularly impressive. Also they did that whole "let's kill the interesting villain straight off, then replace him with an unlikable moron".

Saints Row 4 is very fun but I don't think it's really an open world game any more. The plot is pretty short, concise, and it doesn't really expand on any open world things. I would treat it more like an action packed third person shooter like Uncharted rather than like GTA. In that sense it's very good, but does require knowledge of the previous games to kinda understand.

P.s: I used to use the male voice 1 for the series but when I replayed them I went female voice 1 and never looked back. She's so, so, sooooooooooooooooooooo much better and has so much personality. I can't see the boss as anyone else.

So, it's worth 20 bucks?
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1134