Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49145 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2011, 03:00:34 pm »

if some phosphorous have survived i may be able to make an flaming sword.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2011, 03:01:43 pm »

Thats cool. I am sorry, but I don't really care when my life is on the line.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2011, 03:04:25 pm »

CRIPTFIEND, I may need you to survive, so dont you dare lose!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2011, 03:08:12 pm »

Why do you need me? I mean, I like you, and well help you anyway I can, but I am not very powerful in the group, and my abilities are not really helpful.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2011, 03:09:56 pm »

But no. I am serious here. I think he will not stop until I am out of the game. I need to stop that the only way I can. When it is between me or him. I chose me. I just hope you guys chose me as well, cause he is the aggressor here and has shown he is willing to kill anyone of you if it becomes his whim.
I'm not sure I've ever noticed anything like that from him. I'm not even sure he's ever said he intends to kill you, except maybe after you said "If I win I'll kill you because I assume you'd do the same to me." He certainly hasn't seemed malicious to anyone else.

He. Wants. To. Kill. Me.

Do you have any better way to make sure he does not? Because, as I said, if I do not use lethal force, it is only going to be a matter of time.
You want to kill him too, and that doesn't look like it's going to work out very well. If we were as convinced as you were that he was a ticking time bomb, we'd probably do something about it. As it stands, it seems more like you're jumping from "we both want this hat" to "ONLY ONE OF US SHALL SURVIVE THIS!"

He is the one that broke it all. With his vines flailing all over. My attacks are purely mental, they can not harm the loot.
This is fair enough, but technically you did try to snatch loot after he had claimed it (which is a whole other can of worms, of course). Still, it's not like you'd expect him to defend himself with mental attacks.

NINJA'D: I too am curious what Ochita's plan is.

EDIT: Also, Ochita's apparently a human enchanter. That doesn't seem to say anything obvious about what he'd need a mind enslaver for.

...unless it's, you know, incubus hair or demon claw filings as the item of power for a belt of charisma or weapons of malice or something. Hrm.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:14:37 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2011, 03:16:24 pm »

Hey, I do plan on becoming a part-time mad scientist.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:22 pm »

I'm not even sure he's ever said he intends to kill you, As it stands, it seems more like you're jumping from "we both want this hat" to "ONLY ONE OF US SHALL SURVIVE THIS!"

He stated right here that he would kill me.
Hah hah hah no....

I get first pick.

Hahahaha...

Attack Sly. KILLKILLKILL. If possible use loot as weapons! If possible use entangle. If possible and convenient, grab the pilgrim's hat to better resist Sly's mental magicks. Lure Sly and Rahal into the Toad room using my superior intelligence and my charisma(Possibly attack them once and then seductively tactically withdraw into Toad room? I dunno), use plant ken to make friends with the plants and entangle to use them upon Ahra and Sly(I assume Krik-click told us about it? If not, I use my Druid Senses™ to sense the nearby plants.)

This was the first post about the battle. So yeah. He went right from minor dispute to kill. I did respond in kind, but I am at a loss of what else to do.

which is a whole other can of worms, of course

That is a interesting question? Who do you think is in the right here?

Let me try to sway you by saying what I see the facts as.

I am the guy who found it all.

He is the guy who tired to grab all the magic loot he could equip, even the stuff that makes no sense for him (mage bone wand? What? That would fit the bird man much better)

Admittedly, I was quite greedy with the loot. Taking both the hat and the targe thing may have been over the line. But that is hardly a killing offence.

Now I will help you both because I like you, and because I fear you.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2011, 03:47:47 pm »

Hey, I plan to be awesome, and if anybody wants, I can enchant stuff, take parts from creatures to create more magical items, and combine creatures. Its great.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »

The question of why you want me alive has gone to terrifying new heights.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2011, 03:52:27 pm »

Welll... Belts, weapons.... Not potions, unless its something like saliva....
Mixing monsters to create the best monster, and more magic items.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2011, 03:55:24 pm »

THAT DID NOT MEAN I WANTED AN ANSWER!

Edit: I wonder if I should sig this:
The question of why you want me alive has gone to terrifying new heights.
Welll... Belts, weapons.... Not potions, unless its something like saliva....

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2011, 03:55:50 pm »

Ah, that makes more sense. Horrifying, horrifying sense.

NINJA INSERT:

Hey, I plan to be awesome, and if anybody wants, I can enchant stuff, take parts from creatures to create more magical items, and combine creatures. Its great.
Congratulations, you're now on the more horrifying end of horrifying, by implying ninja-stating that you're going to combine creatures to make them special enough to justify harvesting their parts.

Also possibly that you'll animate tables just so you can harvest their feet, or something, or so you can cross them with an animated candlestick. Oh god, it'll be like Beauty and the Beast in Auschwitz.

He stated right here that he would kill me.
Hrm. Kind of hard to tell, especially since it's been edited. KILLKILLKILL could have just meant more ATTACKATTACKATTACK. Trying to lure you into the plant room sounds like it'd end badly though, so I dunno.

That is a interesting question? Who do you think is in the right here?

Let me try to sway you by saying what I see the facts as.

I am the guy who found it all.

He is the guy who tired to grab all the magic loot he could equip, even the stuff that makes no sense for him (mage bone wand? What? That would fit the bird man much better)

Admittedly, I was quite greedy with the loot. Taking both the hat and the targe thing may have been over the line. But that is hardly a killing offence.
You found it all by opening a door (and wrestling a broom), so I hardly think you're owed a lot of credit. I'd agree with some minor preference in your direction in deference to the find, however, I just don't think "I found it all" is quite proportionate to how much stuff was there.

He did indeed try to claim and equip every magic item he could, which isn't good. You responded by trying to claim and equip everything you could period, and then trying to claim and lock up everything else. That's also not good.

So, then it's go time. I suppose it'd kind of hard to say why exactly The Sprite attacked you; originally I assumed it was because you were attempting to hoard all the loot, but I suppose it could have been because you were trying to claim loot he had claimed. Which would have been more understandable if he wasn't going for all of it in the first place.

So, you really shouldn't have tried to claim all the loot, but I think at least some of it was well-intentioned, and you certainly have the right to dispute someone else's right to a hat. He obviously shouldn't have jumped at everything he could, but I'm not sure he wouldn't have been open to disputes over it (again, your claiming was somewhat severe) and his attacking you could have been somewhat justifiable because of it.

I don't think your Highlander approach was warranted, however; I'm still not convinced he literally intended to kill you, and I'm certainly not convinced he'll be plotting your demise every waking moment until one of you is dead.

So, I dunno. The loot/fighting incident was a mess in general, but the more pressing concern is your insistence on murdering him at all costs.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2011, 04:00:38 pm »

Hey, I'll do my best to not make it into some nightmares. However....

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »

So we are both in the wrong. (Yeah. I should not have hoarded all the loot, but I figured that was the only way to stop people like spoon from taking it all before we could divvy it up.)

We should not try to kill each other.

What do you say? Cause I am a coward. I want a straight answer, are you going to protect me from him? Even when he gets us into a area full of plants?

If you say you will, I will… Be super unhappy. But I will settle for not killing him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »

What do you say? Cause I am a coward. I want a straight answer, are you going to protect me from him? Even when he gets us into a area full of plants?

If you say you will, I will… Be super unhappy. But I will settle for not killing him.
Yes. No teamkilling means no teamkilling, regardless of who's doing it. If he manages to render himself unassailable while doing so, I'll see to it that he's regarded as a neutral/hostile rival power for his transgressions.

Selfishness is one thing, but if you're actively harmful to the team, you're not on it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73