Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49101 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2011, 01:14:58 am »

Why?

Resistance against mind control magic.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2011, 01:21:01 am »

I feel I need it for resistance against plant magic.

No offense, but I think I trust you less then you trust me, if that is even possible.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2011, 01:30:36 am »

I trust neither of you. Funny how it works that way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2011, 02:06:32 am »

Stop trying to harvest their brains. >_<

Also, we should probably take stock of what's left and find a more... structured way to divvy it up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2011, 02:11:52 am »

Dibs on the alchemy stuff, since I actually trained in its use.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2011, 07:32:15 pm »

The eastern door to the Workshop was locked. The sprite didnt know this because he had yet to attempt to open it. However the bottom third of the door was previously described as having been rotted away. So if you picture a saloon door, there is a space beneath it that one could dive under. Sprite dived through the hole and crawled away. He was affected by the thunderstone shockwave because shockwaves bend around obstacles and bounce. he was unafected by the shrapnel because the shapnel did not have line of sight to him from its point of origin.

i hope people arent really dissatified with their abilities. But my theory of gamebalance does not allow for one person to typically debilitate many with a single spell. or even paralyse one person for the entire combat, much less turncoat an opponent since that gives your side a person and the other side minus one person at the same time so it should be even harder. So its like the opposite of W.o.W. everybody gets a saving through and one move wont completely neutralize many for the entire battle.

Also i am not pro-takebacks. if (for example)you say you set the house on fire and then want to take it back later, then you better hope you didnt have a flamethrower because that only takes a second. I'd let you take it back if you only had flint and steel though as long as time had not passed very long. Just so everyone is aware.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:36:36 pm by Hastur »

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2011, 01:47:29 am »

Question: what abilities do I have as vampire alchemist?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2011, 11:58:15 am »

I hope people aren't really dissatisfied with their abilities.

I am relatively happy with my spells. I feel like mind leash is over powered though, and was wondering if it might be best to nerf or get rid of it? Cause, although it is really hard to get off, it did take the creeper out and ended that battle in one blow.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2011, 12:02:32 pm »

one day i will return for that thing......
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2011, 12:10:05 pm »

Meh. Just don't climb into it's hole.

Throw a rock down the plug the entrance to it's lair and you can just snipe it to death.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2011, 12:46:54 pm »

with come back i mean an home made thunder grenade in its guts.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2011, 09:32:13 pm »

All three people stopped fighting... Why did it go on?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2011, 09:41:01 pm »

i am not pro-takebacks. if (for example)you say you set the house on fire and then want to take it back later, then you better hope you didnt have a flamethrower because that only takes a second. I'd let you take it back if you only had flint and steel though as long as time had not passed very long. Just so everyone is aware.

trying to balance this with out of character communication i thought i was very generous and lenient. it only takes a moment for a melee attack to happen or spell, so people at least attempt their stated action before thinking it through and reconsidering. Plus rahal went berzerk. in battle/combat timescale is fast paced. i just do the best i can with declared actions and then overwriting those previous actions with new actions. (im jsut sad for rahal because he crit-failed one resistance roll so i couldnt be more merciful.)

Entangle summons vines, the vines grapple stuff once the spell is cast, even if the caster runs away.

and the fire dont care 'bout nobody

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2011, 09:45:42 pm »

Right. Since it is not worth arguing with the GM on the finer points of time and the way it runs, I will only ask what you think about weakening or getting rid of mindleash.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2011, 09:46:37 pm »

What "perishables" did I retrieve?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73