Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54

Author Topic: Holy shit Japan....  (Read 70245 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Holy shit Japan....
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2011, 10:17:21 pm »

Challenge Rating:  9721 
HOLY SHIT!

*meep* O_O

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2011, 10:23:26 pm »

Still a pushover compared to an epic level wizard.

Go browse wizards CO boards o.o

As for what someone was taught, you're misremembering. You were taught that energy cannot be created or destroyed, which is technically true, as long as you consider matter and antimatter to be energy.
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2011, 10:24:24 pm »

Still a pushover compared to an epic level wizard.
Azathoth is CR 50.

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2011, 10:27:25 pm »

Ahem, Pushover. Also, IIRC, one of those demon lords bleeds demons with Wish as an at-will ability, or something equally god-like.
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2011, 10:46:09 pm »

>_>
People back on to the subject. Im surprised that they used rads for that model as rad is only for radiation absorption which depends on the individual, a better reading should have come from rems or curies.

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2011, 11:04:10 pm »

Because the model is bullshit. It was stated earlier that these things can't blow up in any meaningfully dangerous way. I'm not sure on the mechanics of fallout, but nuclear blasts of much, much more powerful proportions aren't going to kill half the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2011, 11:42:40 pm »

Because the model is bullshit. It was stated earlier that these things can't blow up in any meaningfully dangerous way. I'm not sure on the mechanics of fallout, but nuclear blasts of much, much more powerful proportions aren't going to kill half the world.
this wouldn't cause a blast but the reason why these are much more dangerous because these dumped more radioactive crap. Think of it as a huge Dirty Bomb.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2011, 11:48:32 pm »

Now just to be clear, because I have heard differing stories. What was the cause of this 'explosion'? Because some people are saying it was because the core wasn't being cooled, and others are saying the cooling fluid itself was ignited.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2011, 11:50:04 pm »

Now just to be clear, because I have heard differing stories. What was the cause of this 'explosion'? Because some people are saying it was because the core wasn't being cooled, and others are saying the cooling fluid itself was ignited.
Pressure of the cooling fluid turning into vapor, if the reactor was hot it would melt.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2011, 11:51:57 pm »

Ok, thank you. That makes sense. A lot more then the people shouting 'The entire core blew up!'

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2011, 11:58:21 pm »

Ok, thank you. That makes sense. A lot more then the people shouting 'The entire core blew up!'
Trust me, the radiation leaks can be dealt with as the gaseous isotopes have a half life of 35 days. Now if the core would meltdown then thats a whole fucking bigger mess.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2011, 02:22:25 am »

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2011, 02:26:11 am »

most of the posts sound like "4chan humor", though.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2011, 02:37:15 am »

According to the Times, the explosion occurred when they let in seawater to cool the core. Some hydrogen had formed because of the heat, and it mixed with oxygen in the water or air.  Hydrogen + oxygen = explosion.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2011, 03:02:00 am »

Uhh What. The. Fuck.

Well, it seems the US of A holds a grudge for a rather long time. Maybe quiet a few years from now something terrible will happen in the middle east, and nobody will want to help because of 9/11.

Because 'A life for a life' is a rational state of mind and all.

EDIT: Wait, seems little Bobby Nelson is ahead of me. I guess intelligence was he;s dump stat.

EDIT 2: Good lord, Mike Sellitto deserves to be shot in the knee cap.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54