Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Silverfires (.25 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)  (Read 13561 times)

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silverfires (.21 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2011, 02:35:28 pm »

If you haven't already, change my profession to Ex-Overseer or something.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2011, 10:10:19 pm »

*smudged* 130
I witnessed the striking down of my best friend today. She was taken over by Zagstok knows what and sat in a workshop, demanding bone. After a while, she-- or whatever took her over-- must have tired of waiting for bone and decided it fresh from the dwarf... The new overseer decided to have the militia put her down instead of her causing a lot of chaos.

Farewell, Babylon. Your long journey is over at last.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2011, 12:49:09 pm »

(bump)

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2011, 08:06:14 pm »

Sorry guys, had a huge workload yesterday and wasn't able to play DF at all. Today will be fine though! ;)

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2011, 04:23:40 pm »

All right then

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2011, 05:11:36 am »

Rushmik, est la vivo?

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2011, 05:24:03 am »

Yeah not looking good. This week's literally my fullest this year, so in favour of the schedule you can skip me.  ::)

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2011, 07:59:39 am »

So I guess I'm up next? I'll grab it after work today and take a look.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2011, 07:25:14 pm »

14th Hematite 129
The others have taken to calling me Estilarbost Ob - the Whirling Deification of Tar. I'm not sure what that means. In other news, that possessed kid must really admire Johnny Digs. A quick investigation shows that they've only met once or twice. Is the statuette some kind of metaphor for something that happened in the quarry bushes between Johnny Digs and Moldath?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: Moldath is male, Johnny Digs is female.

I am taking another break. There might be an update this evening, though.

Want to grow up to be a legendary miner, with rippling muscles and a marvelous luster, like me? Well eat your Quarry Bush Leaves every morning. That's what I always say.

Hey can I get a pic of my dwarf's profile?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2011, 09:37:09 pm »

Well, I apparently died and lost my name, so I'll re-dwarf myself for this..

Here's Johnny!

Magentawolf's Log - 1st Granite

Well, isn't this a pretty mess that just got spilled into my lap... Me, in charge of this Armok-bedamned place? And no sooner then do I get the news, but I have the pleasure of our Baron barging into my office. It seems that he's unhappy with the state of the quarters he shares with his wife. After explaining that he'd been assigned a perfectly acceptable bedroom, I finally evicted him from the 3x1 room he'd also decided to claim.

Additional updates later! Getting adjusted to the current state of the fortress, here.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2011, 09:33:52 pm »

"She saw a beloved creature lately." "She likes acorn flies for their deafening buzz."

Wow i'm happy cuz theres food rotting somewhere in the fort. 

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2011, 05:30:41 am »

So you're like an anti-Hamlet?

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2011, 06:17:04 am »

I'd like to get into the rulership queue, please. Haven't tried succession forts since 40d days. :-)
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2011, 01:06:44 am »

7th Granite

Day and night, night and day, a pounding on my office door.. Dodok Bisollibash, a /glazer/ of all things, complaining that he can't find anything to butcher. While a healthy bloodlust is appreciated in a recruit, this is mildly disturbing. Also, while he assures me that there /is/ a butcher's shop, he's unable to lead me to it.

In a disturbing vein, I'm also unable to locate anything that resembles a hospital around here, yet there are several wounded dwarves limping through the halls.

18th Granite

There have been complaints from many of the workers who are tired of living in bedrooms formed from clay rather then proper stone. I find it hard to blame them, for they are a rather ragged, dirty lot. Plans are in place to rectify this.

21st Granite

Migrants have arrived! Seven of them have shown up at our gate from the north, with pack animals in tow.

A weaponsmith / bone doctor, who should be well welcomed.
A tanner / suterer, with prior military training.
A trapper / poor metal crafter, who may well be reassigned to the masonary guild.
An accomplished herbalist, who seems to be a veteran from the goblin wars. He'll be a good addition to our militia.
A barely-trained stoneworker, possibly another recruit.
And then an engraver and a potter... both of which shall be set to manual labor.

2nd Slate

Well, I've found the butcher's workshop, and I've confiscated Dodok's carving knife. The poor dwarf was still going on and on about it.

15th Slate

The miners tell me that we've only cleared off one level from that adamantine spire in the depths... I've seen the fruit of our metalsmith's labors, and desire more. I've ordered them to dig down and expose more of the previous bluemetal. Carefully, of course... one hears rumours. Superstitious rumours, to be sure, but one takes care.

17th Felsite

As I was tracking down tales of a lost set of adamantine gear, an elvish caravan was spotted nearing our fortress from the west.

27th Felsite

This fortress is completely overrun by pieces of copper armour! Many are no more then rough-forged practice items, and I can take no step without tripping over a discarded gauntlet or codpiece. For now, I've set up several additional stockpiles, but we'll need to dump this crap off on one of these caravans. No metal to the elves, though.

3rd Galena

I've had my whip wine spilled by one clumsy oaf too many! An additional dining room has been ordered to be constructed mirroring the original. Silver and gold will be the furnishings.

5th Galena

For reasons unknown, the previous overseer got into an argument with one of the local bears this morning. While armed with one of our freshly-forged bluemetal axes, AbuDhabi decided to end this fight the old-fashioned way...

14th Galena

Ah, here comes the humans. Now we can offload a good bit of this junk. Perhaps even for something useful!

18th Galena

Congratulations are in order to Aussieevil Bomrekunib and Babylon Bidokathel, as they have decided to wed! I expect much happiness is in their future.

20th Galena

Two goblin ambushes in as many days; how they can sneak nearly to our gates without being spotted I'll never know. One group killed the human diplomat as he was leaving the fortress. Sadly, this resulted in many injuries, and several deaths. I saw copper crossbow bolts piercing straight through the bluemetal armour that our dwarves were wearing.

16th Limestone

Rushmik swiftly completed the secretive project he was working on, and proudly presented 'Ednadtoral' or "The Morose Law', a pair of adamantine chain leggings decorated with spikes of water-buffalo bone. Oddly, the rather plain item is being valued at 1,189,200 dwarfbucks.

19th Limestone

One of the fortress' children, Ingiz Sazirtost came to the hospital today, complaining of blistered feet. A closer examination showed a contamination of cave-blob fluid... where he picked this up, I haven't a clue.

22nd Limestone

The commander of our Marksdwarf squad just came down with the same ailment; he's barely dressed as well for some reason. He, at least, was able to be questioned and pointed out the area surrounding the well as where the contaminants came from. I've had the floor paved over, and hopefully this will stop the spread.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:11:29 am by Magentawolf »

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2011, 03:17:55 am »

5th Galena

For reasons unknown, the previous overseer got into an argument with one of the local bears this morning. While armed with one of our freshly-forged bluemetal axes, AbuDhabi decided to end this fight the old-fashioned way...

5th Galena 131
My adamantine axe sometimes makes it too easy to kill things, especially animals. I have slain a black bear today, by striking it in the heart with my fist.

20th Galena 131
The goblins come several times, and they die for it. Some of us also die, but that is to be expected.

22nd Limestone 131
There is talk of blistered feet, of cave blob slime. Foolish militia members no doubt go from stockpile to stockpile, trying to assemble the optimal suit of armour, in the process wading through filth partially clothed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:27:30 am by AbuDhabi »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17