Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112370 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Money can't buy you protection, apparently [Day 4]
« Reply #660 on: March 20, 2011, 09:13:53 pm »

As I said, I have none specifically for YOU. Book was all kinds of suspicious and while what Darvi said was incorrect because of it being an opinion it was still a very good guess at it and is valid enough as opinions go. Because of there being no NK and you being phased for the night, the chance that you where the NKer is there.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 21, 2011, 03:01:24 am »

Well, had some reading to do there. Didn't bother reading this subforum during the weekend since I figured that I don't operate at maximum efficiency when sleep deprived.

@Jim Bookster: Because you sholdn't reveal your inspect results like that. It generates WIFOM and practically shouts "Hey scum, you should totally lynch this guy!". I know there are prot items, but it's possible that they aren't around, and there's also the warrior class... you get the gist.

@Tyberix: He's a bit less supicious tbh. Less because of his posts (although, they are consistent alright, as far as I can see), but more because Ottofar prot'd Janus. With two likely townies, being protected, it's more probable that last night's NK didn't get through (yeah, Tyberix is confirmed townie and thus the most likely target for protections, but Janus only got protected by chance). Akhier still isn't quite in the clear.

About my night action: I'm not going to reveal much for now, except that it was an inspect action and that there were redirect shenanigans. And some hasting was involved too. I don't quite know what exactly happened really. I'll answer fully once I get this answered:

Everybody: Did anybody of you do some kind of redirection? No matter on who, and no matter  what kind. Also I'd like to know who got hasted.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #662 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:49 am »

I used a scroll of enchant armor on Tyberix and the scroll was not saved by my mage ability.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 21, 2011, 04:02:12 am »

@Jim Bookster: Because you sholdn't reveal your inspect results like that. It generates WIFOM and practically shouts "Hey scum, you should totally lynch this guy!". I know there are prot items, but it's possible that they aren't around, and there's also the warrior class... you get the gist.

This isn't making a lot of sense to me and it might just be because I was tired.

Since there's the possibility that anybody could get an inspect off on anybody, why wouldn't you reveal inspect results as you get them?

WIFOM alone and painting the town targets aren't good reasons, since the painting is happening anyway and in a case like Supercharazad's, the possibility of effective WIFOM is virtually nil.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #664 on: March 21, 2011, 08:07:20 am »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Org: Jim Groovester
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Jim Groovester:
Jokerman-EXE: JanusTwoface

Not Voting: Darvi, Org, Tyberix, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Ottofar, Jokerman-EXE

Day 4 will last until 11 PM EST, Tuesday 3/22.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 21, 2011, 10:09:14 am »

In a case like Super's? You mean, if a newbie does an inspect?

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't reveal my inspects unless the target turned out to be scum,  I got explicitly asked what I've done, or if the information is particularly crucial at the moment. Tyberix was neither scum, nor was he in any particular danger of being lynched, so I found Super's claim to have come out of nowhere really.

Also, I noticed a mistake on my part. If Janus was the NK target last night, he and ottofar would've known it. So, ya apparently my deductions in my previous post were moot.

I guess I'll just ignore anything regarding the lack of a kill N2, because apparently it leads to nowhere -_-
I'll have to reread once Internet is back.
Pfp.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #666 on: March 21, 2011, 12:52:39 pm »

Yes, Im reading it still okay?
How's that going for you?

Not so well far as I see. Is it because you don't see anything (a la Akhier) or because you already *know* everyone's alignments? I'm thinking the latter.

Here's what I did last night: nothing. I don't have any items.
How? That doesn't make sense. So far as I know, you can quest for an item (in which case you'd be guaranteed to get it), take one from the public pool (which would only fail if it's empty, it's not), or steal an item (if you're a Thief, and that doesn't fail so long as your target has an item).

Option 3. Book was trying to steal from IronyOwl during Day 2. That failed for some reason. Then somebody stole from me, leaving me with no items. Then I got whisked away into a portal.
Ok. Fair enough. It's unlikely in the global scheme of things, but still entirely possible.

And I can't confirm that Supercharazad blocked me because the totality of the flavor for Night 2 was me getting whisked away into a portal. If there was anything else that was supposed to happen to me, I didn't know about it.
If what you got hit by was a redirect (and that does make sense), then it would have happened before the block.

Observation based assumption. This is JTF's usual town game.
:-\ You're one of the few people that does this and it always feels weird when you do. Thanks, I think?

I think that the likeliness of Tyberix being town now
that Super was town is high. Other then that I can't seem
to pick anything else out really.
Already been said. And it's Day 4 with over 600 posts in the thread. Surely you can do better than that...

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't reveal my inspects unless the target turned out to be scum,  I got explicitly asked what I've done, or if the information is particularly crucial at the moment. Tyberix was neither scum, nor was he in any particular danger of being lynched, so I found Super's claim to have come out of nowhere really.
In a normal game, it makes perfect sense for a cop to not claim town results for the first few days, particularly if they're not about to be killed. That way they can keep going without getting nightkilled. But where all the actions are based on items, anyone can get an inspection and the items can move about a lot. So you might as well get the information out.

unvote and vote Org.

He's scummy (more so for the 'more later' at the top of this post) and if only two people are going to vote, at least we'll have a concensus.

(Seriously though? 6 people aren't voting? No more than half of you can even be scum...)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 21, 2011, 01:18:40 pm »

Seriously? Nobody else is going to vote?

This is pathetic.

Darvi: Who do you suspect? Who are you going to vote?

Org: Who do you suspect? Who are you going to vote?

Tyberix Who do you suspect? Who are you going to vote?

Akhier Who do you suspect? Who are you going to vote?

Ottofar Who do you suspect? Who are you going to vote?

Jokerman-EXE Who do you suspect? Who are you going to vote?

Observation based assumption. This is JTF's usual town game.
:-\ You're one of the few people that does this and it always feels weird when you do. Thanks, I think?

What? I was asked about it.

If you'd rather I give you shit I can do that instead. I wouldn't have a reason but if you want me to attack you I can.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #668 on: March 21, 2011, 01:25:50 pm »

still a day to go till the day ends so voting today is not mission critical. With all this nothing going on the only person I have that would be a 50/50 split of being mafia is YOU. If nothing better comes along I vote for you and hope for the best. Right now though a coin flip is not enough to get me to vote for anyone.

Darvi, you said if you inspected someone, you would not reveal unless it was scum. How far would you take this? What would it take to make you reveal that you inspected someone and they where town?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 21, 2011, 01:44:27 pm »

Wait, we're potentially at LyLo?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #670 on: March 21, 2011, 01:50:37 pm »

Yes and no, if no scum dies tonight and the target
of their NK dies then we lose because it would be 3
to 3, but that is not guaranteed even if we get a town
lynched today just very likely.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 21, 2011, 02:01:01 pm »

Nah, MyLo's fo' sure.

I was asking 'bout LyLo with legacy weapons and stuff.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 21, 2011, 02:02:06 pm »

Should i know if i get protected by wand of protection ? Nobody wants to claim my hallucination hit ? I used cantrips yesterday,should have used scroll of knowledge this way i would know, i get greedy on inspects :I I got "Ottofar visited JTF" so that partially confirms his claim. JTF: You got any info on this ?

My  suspects from most suspicious to least right now :
Darvi,Org,Ottofar. Well that's funny situation because i see nothing wrong with lynching org but we're at mylo so this shouldn't be taken to lightly. But maybe it will make him bit more talkative so : ORG we summon you ! Also i find this funny that you started the train to potential mislynch with org but oh well :/

In a case like Super's? You mean, if a newbie does an inspect?

So you mean newbie's should play differently just because they're newbies ? Also you mean if somebody asked you about what have you done this night you would answer? Because all i see is some remark about hasting people, that could be changed into anything fitting the situation.

@Tyberix: He's a bit less supicious tbh. Less because of his posts (although, they are consistent alright, as far as I can see), but more because Ottofar prot'd Janus. With two likely townies, being protected, it's more probable that last night's NK didn't get through (yeah, Tyberix is confirmed townie and thus the most likely target for protections, but Janus only got protected by chance). Akhier still isn't quite in the clear.
Why Ottofar claim have anything to do with Jim suspiciousness ? Not sure i get your logic here.

Org: Vote? Night Action ?

Ottofar Yep if someone fires it and miss(or opposite) we lose.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 21, 2011, 03:27:50 pm »

Okay let me see.
My main suspicion is Book/Jim. as Tyberix is most likely Town, and Book/Jim disappeared during the night and there was no kill that night, it is reasonable to assume that he is/was scum.

My second guess would be Ottofar for lurking, but he does that every game.
So yeah, herp derp.

I am not scum, Janus, and I would not have enough Wands of Inspect to discover everyone's alignment! Anyway, seeing as how your main suspicion was I guess a bit of late voting and an accidental roleblock of Tyberix, I really don't see those as good reasons.
Anyway, herp derp away.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 21, 2011, 03:55:33 pm »

Still waiting on Janus' answer to my question. Or Toaster, whomever would know.

I'm suspicious of Jim because as Org pointed out, there was conveniently no kill the night that Jim disappeared. This doesn't mean that Jim is scum, because we had a lot of blocking going on that night, but it's the best lead that we have, given that Tyberix is supposedly confirmed.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53