Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112376 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Money can't buy you protection, apparently [Day 4]
« Reply #630 on: March 18, 2011, 08:27:09 am »

Just the sword.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 18, 2011, 08:34:10 am »

Well,i have not expected Irony's death so bit rereading is in order.Also Jim report could bring few answers so i look forward to reading it.Before that :

Akhier You think it's in the item pool or in someone's hands ? If the later mafia or town ?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #632 on: March 18, 2011, 08:42:27 am »

I would guess that it is either is new as of last night
or in the pool. If someone had already it I would guess
Town at the moment because Scum would use it while
town would probably only use it if certain of someone
being scum.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #633 on: March 18, 2011, 01:42:39 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Jim Groovester:
Jokerman-EXE:

Not Voting: Darvi, Org, Tyberix, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Ottofar, JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Jokerman-EXE

Day 4 will last until 11 PM EST, Tuesday 3/22.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 18, 2011, 02:53:45 pm »

How many items are there in the public pool?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 18, 2011, 03:06:39 pm »

Oops!  Good catch.

There are 12 items in the public pool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #636 on: March 18, 2011, 04:39:50 pm »

Jokerman-EXE for now. He's been way to quiet both before and after the replacement, feels like scum lurking.

I'm also suspicious of Org both for blocking Tyberix and for waiting until the absolute last minute to vote yesterday.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to think/

Pending the question below, we might be at MYLO right now. I think we should mass claim and at the very least claim last night's actions. I protected Tyberix with my Wand of Protection.

Toaster: Will the game end when the scum team matches the town or when it's no longer possible for one team to win?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 18, 2011, 04:59:15 pm »

Ok, after a brief rereading my primary suspects are as follows :
Darvi- everything said before,plus his backing off at the end of the day seemed funny in comparison to his previous claims. What's your plan and scumpicks now ?
Org Seem not focused on anybody or even the game itself. Any new observations ? 
Ottofar -I don't remember any attack/defense/questions from him for a long time,i hope he says something useful soon. Any thoughts on yesterday ?
Also he also seemed in my eyes as only connection between NK but that's wifom so it's not that important.

JTF:Well i got hit by something protective but flavor implied enchant amour,of course that could be misleading. Someone can confirm that his protection was similar ? Also i think i got hit by more than 2 people tonight, but i'll explain it later.

If that's useful for something i'm (random) warrior.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 18, 2011, 08:15:10 pm »

'kay, got here after stopping playing actual roguelikes. Headache related and stuff.

Ya, I backed off yesterday. I was tired of the discussion and I didn't want the day to end with a tie, especially considering that super was scummy. I didn't expect Org to throw his vote in later.

So, uh, only one kill today. So Akhier wasn't the NKer. Which would mean Bookster was either the NKer or the target. But I'd like to hear his claim first.
Or they targeted Tyberix this night, but he and Janus would know about it, right?

Anyways, the sword. Most likely in the pool or with town, else scum would've used it by now. Unless Akhier was lying, but I don't see why he should do that. (yeah, accuse me of using WIFOM again, whatever. I'm sick of that discussion).

And scumpicks would be, well, Bookster, for obvious reasons, and Ottofar and Joker for lurking. Tyberix is obviously town. Unless that was a fake-claim by super. Seriously, nothing would surprise me with him anymore. But I don't thinks so, even he would't do such gamebreaking shenanigans.

And I'd really like to know who did the phasing. It's possible that Book did it to himself to make himself lynch-immune, and then nobody would have lied, but considering that super fake-claimed, he might've done it as well. Or somebody else entirely. Bluh, my head kills me when thinking about this.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 18, 2011, 08:35:12 pm »

Jokerman-EXE for now. He's been way to quiet both before and after the replacement, feels like scum lurking.

I'm also suspicious of Org both for blocking Tyberix and for waiting until the absolute last minute to vote yesterday.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to think/

Pending the question below, we might be at MYLO right now. I think we should mass claim and at the very least claim last night's actions. I protected Tyberix with my Wand of Protection.

Toaster: Will the game end when the scum team matches the town or when it's no longer possible for one team to win?
Eh, I was pretty busy.
I got roleblocked last night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #640 on: March 18, 2011, 09:10:14 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Jim Groovester:
Jokerman-EXE: JanusTwoface

Not Voting: Darvi, Org, Tyberix, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Ottofar, Jim Groovester, Jokerman-EXE

Day 4 will last until 11 PM EST, Tuesday 3/22.

Town wins when all mafia are dead.  Mafia wins when it is impossible for them to lose.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 19, 2011, 12:01:40 am »

I guess I didn't post it here, but I was gone the last couple days because I was heading home for break. Either way, consider me here now.

Org, what can you tell me about the nature of the block?

I guess I missed it somewhere in there (sorry I'm such a shitty replace, but 20+ pages during finals week was kind of a stretch), but what's the connection between JTF and Tyberix, exactly? I keep seeing people mention it.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 19, 2011, 12:19:28 am »

I'm all caught up now.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on. This game is confusing.

Here's what I did last night: nothing. I don't have any items.

The scroll reports that the Legacy weapon is about.
Code: (Legacy Weapon) [Select]
Targeted player and everything they own disappear from the game, including artifacts. Players removed this way don't roleflip. This isn't a kill and can't be protected against.I would guess this is what happened to book.

Seeing as how I'm back, this isn't what happened, so it has to be the Scroll of Phasing. Toaster even mentioned being phased out in Book's PM.

And I'd really like to know who did the phasing. It's possible that Book did it to himself to make himself lynch-immune, and then nobody would have lied, but considering that super fake-claimed, he might've done it as well. Or somebody else entirely. Bluh, my head kills me when thinking about this.

Book didn't do it to himself. Can you even target yourself with an item? I don't think that's possible.

So there's still somebody out there who hasn't claimed putting me into limbo for a turn.

As far as scumpicks go, it's Org, Ottofar, and Akhier. While I did read the whole thread, there aren't that many details that stuck out to me because this thread is denser than a neutron star, so I'll probably have a more refined opinion later as I get more and more involved. Sorry about that.

These are the things that stuck out to me.

Org: Lurky lurky barely any contributions, sudden hop onto Supercharazad at the end of the day with meh reasons and meh reasons for everything else he's done. I don't mean to parrot JTF but my reasons are basically his.
Ottofar: Ottofar lurking isn't unusual, but the longer it goes on without him contributing the likelier it is that he's scum, and it's been pretty long.
Akhier: For suggesting that Supercharazad's meltdown yesterday had anything to do with my/Book's absence. That's just tons of WIFOM, and if I remember correctly it factored into his decision to vote for Supercharazad as well.

I need to go through this thread some more. I seem to remember things Darvi did that made me suspicious, but I've completely forgotten what they were. And there's probably lots of other stuff I've missed as well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #643 on: March 19, 2011, 12:17:47 pm »

I guess I missed it somewhere in there (sorry I'm such a shitty replace, but 20+ pages during finals week was kind of a stretch), but what's the connection between JTF and Tyberix, exactly? I keep seeing people mention it.
I protected Tyberix last night. Prior to that Supercharazad had investigated Tyberix with his Wand of Cantrips on N1. Seeing as we now know that there's no particular reason Supercharazad would have been lying, that clears Tyberix.

Of course he already did once, claiming Priest but turning Thief... For future reference, town shouldn't lie. Ever. (Well, not without a damn good excuse.) It makes it all the harder to trap scum in a lie if there's false positives about.

A further oddity is that Org blocked Tyberix N2, after Supercharazad's claim of Tyberix's innocence. Org claims he just didn't notice, but I'm not sure I believe it.

Here's what I did last night: nothing. I don't have any items.
How? That doesn't make sense. So far as I know, you can quest for an item (in which case you'd be guaranteed to get it), take one from the public pool (which would only fail if it's empty, it's not), or steal an item (if you're a Thief, and that doesn't fail so long as your target has an item).

Book didn't do it to himself. Can you even target yourself with an item? I don't think that's possible.

So there's still somebody out there who hasn't claimed putting me into limbo for a turn.
No, you can't. That's been mentioned. Which means we do have a liar about and that liar is 95% scum. (And 5% Supercharazad's "block" really being sending you off to another plane of existence. I really hope that's not the case.)

Org: Lurky lurky barely any contributions, sudden hop onto Supercharazad at the end of the day with meh reasons and meh reasons for everything else he's done. I don't mean to parrot JTF but my reasons are basically his.
You're correct. This does seem awfully familiar.

What do you think about the other 4 players that aren't you and you didn't mention? Particularly Jokerman-EXE, but all of them.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 19, 2011, 12:33:15 pm »

Protected Janus last night, by the way.  Cantrips. It's gone now.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53