Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112375 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Money can't buy you protection, apparently [Day 4]
« Reply #645 on: March 19, 2011, 01:14:16 pm »

Wait, how did you protect him exactly? Sorry, I'm kind of clueless here...

Also, did anyone get blocked or anything last night? I'm having a bit of trouble with the items, having missed what the majority of them were.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #646 on: March 19, 2011, 01:28:18 pm »

Wand of Cantrips. Does a random thing to a random person. Seems strange to use Night 3...

And there was a list of items in the original post.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 19, 2011, 01:41:47 pm »

Random thing to a random person, huh? Are you alerted if it doesn't work?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 19, 2011, 04:01:47 pm »

Here's what I did last night: nothing. I don't have any items.
How? That doesn't make sense. So far as I know, you can quest for an item (in which case you'd be guaranteed to get it), take one from the public pool (which would only fail if it's empty, it's not), or steal an item (if you're a Thief, and that doesn't fail so long as your target has an item).

Option 3. Book was trying to steal from IronyOwl during Day 2. That failed for some reason. Then somebody stole from me, leaving me with no items. Then I got whisked away into a portal.

And I can't confirm that Supercharazad blocked me because the totality of the flavor for Night 2 was me getting whisked away into a portal. If there was anything else that was supposed to happen to me, I didn't know about it.

What do you think about the other 4 players that aren't you and you didn't mention? Particularly Jokerman-EXE, but all of them.

Jokerman-EXE: I don't really have an opinion on Jokerman-EXE. He looked town enough when he was Painiac, and this game is fucking dense so I see his quietness as more of a result of being confused about what's going on instead of intentional lurking.

Darvi: There was this and this bit that stood out to me about how he dealt with Supercharazad revealing the results of his inspect. Supercharazad shouldn't have revealed the results of his inspect, since Tyberix was obviously town? Yeah, no, that's ridiculous. I'm surprised nobody bothered to bring it up at the time. So there's that, but nothing else really.

Tyberix: Tyberix is a confirmed town, unless Supercharazad lied about the inspect. It seemed truthful enough to me.

JanusTwoface: You're town.

Darvi: Why did you say Supercharazad shouldn't have revealed the results of his inspect way back when? And now that I've posted, what are your opinions?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 19, 2011, 04:05:35 pm »

I'm all caught up now.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on. This game is confusing.

Here's what I did last night: nothing. I don't have any items.

The scroll reports that the Legacy weapon is about.
Code: (Legacy Weapon) [Select]
Targeted player and everything they own disappear from the game, including artifacts. Players removed this way don't roleflip. This isn't a kill and can't be protected against.I would guess this is what happened to book.

Seeing as how I'm back, this isn't what happened, so it has to be the Scroll of Phasing. Toaster even mentioned being phased out in Book's PM.

And I'd really like to know who did the phasing. It's possible that Book did it to himself to make himself lynch-immune, and then nobody would have lied, but considering that super fake-claimed, he might've done it as well. Or somebody else entirely. Bluh, my head kills me when thinking about this.

Book didn't do it to himself. Can you even target yourself with an item? I don't think that's possible.

So there's still somebody out there who hasn't claimed putting me into limbo for a turn.

As far as scumpicks go, it's Org, Ottofar, and Akhier. While I did read the whole thread, there aren't that many details that stuck out to me because this thread is denser than a neutron star, so I'll probably have a more refined opinion later as I get more and more involved. Sorry about that.

These are the things that stuck out to me.

Org: Lurky lurky barely any contributions, sudden hop onto Supercharazad at the end of the day with meh reasons and meh reasons for everything else he's done. I don't mean to parrot JTF but my reasons are basically his.
Ottofar: Ottofar lurking isn't unusual, but the longer it goes on without him contributing the likelier it is that he's scum, and it's been pretty long.
Akhier: For suggesting that Supercharazad's meltdown yesterday had anything to do with my/Book's absence. That's just tons of WIFOM, and if I remember correctly it factored into his decision to vote for Supercharazad as well.

I need to go through this thread some more. I seem to remember things Darvi did that made me suspicious, but I've completely forgotten what they were. And there's probably lots of other stuff I've missed as well.
Eh. They weren't last minute, but understandable I guess.
Meh reasons? Voting someone for meh reasons is meh reasons?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 19, 2011, 04:15:05 pm »

In your own words:

Okay, I do believe the scum to be Super.
Really at this point the vote seems meh. Bandwagony and what not, oh well.
Okay. He has been slipping. Understandably, all I thought at first was just normal newb nonsense.
But now I am not so sure.

Admitting to having meh reasons and being bandwagony isn't an excuse from those things.

Who do you suspect now? I've got this funny feeling you're going to leave me wanting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 19, 2011, 05:03:56 pm »

[...]
JanusTwoface: You're town.
[...]
That's fact or observation-based assumption ? Also what do you think we should do with Ottofar lurkiness ?

Darvi: Your take on Jim right now ? Anything to say about your night actions ?

Random thing to a random person, huh? Are you alerted if it doesn't work?
You get the full info i think. I got the "Ottofar visted JTF" result from it last night.

Wand of Cantrips. Does a random thing to a random person. Seems strange to use Night 3...
Well i can understand using it if you get no other option - that's a chance for inspect. That's what happened to me at least :P

So who send me to wonderland this night ? And what was the reason of this ?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 19, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »

Observation based assumption. This is JTF's usual town game.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #653 on: March 19, 2011, 10:53:04 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Org: Jim Groovester
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Jim Groovester:
Jokerman-EXE: JanusTwoface

Not Voting: Darvi, Org, Tyberix, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Ottofar, Jokerman-EXE

Day 4 will last until 11 PM EST, Tuesday 3/22.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #654 on: March 20, 2011, 04:13:49 pm »

Not Voting: Darvi, Org, Tyberix, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Ottofar, Jokerman-EXE

Well, this is good.

Akhier: Do you have an opinion about the game or are you just going to speculate about the Legacy Weapon?

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 20, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »

Well, this is good.
If you meant nothing going on then yes that's annoying. We can't even ask questions when there's no response :|

Darvi: You're still my pick no 1 so get to answering.
Ottofar: Do you mind if we lynch you ? I take no answer as no :P

Jim:Do you think person who targeted you with phasing had your protection or harm in mind ?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #656 on: March 20, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »

I think that the likeliness of Tyberix being town now
that Super was town is high. Other then that I can't seem
to pick anything else out really.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 20, 2011, 08:53:40 pm »

Jim:Do you think person who targeted you with phasing had your protection or harm in mind ?

Why would anyone have my protection in mind? I know there are things like item availability to consider, but I don't think whoever did this to Book/myself wanted to protect me/Book.

Since whoever did it still hasn't claimed (or is dead) they're probably scum.

Was there a point to this question?

I think that the likeliness of Tyberix being town now
that Super was town is high. Other then that I can't seem
to pick anything else out really.

Seriously? You don't have anything to add?

It's milo, you know. (Or maybe it isn't. I'm not entirely sure.) Don't you think scumspect are an important thing to have right around now?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #658 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:16 pm »

Well Jim, you are the replacement for Book who was one of the likely choices so you are up there but I figured I will let you talk some and get a feel for you first. I know Tyberix is likely town because Super was town and he claimed to have used WoC and ended up targeting Tyb and inspected him as town.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 20, 2011, 09:03:52 pm »

And what are your reasons?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53