Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 9014 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 101 - The Sky is Falling!]
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »

Duely noted.  Also, I hate SQL database programming.  Just...  throwing that out there.  Finally done with homework, playing now.

I like database programming, I am good at it.
But its not the programming that I like the most.

The class has a "teach your self" policy...  and the book had me lost.  I eventually skipped over the question I wasn't able to answer.

EDIT:  Done, just have to upload pictures.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:36:18 pm by squeakyReaper »

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Summer 101 - Official]
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2011, 10:42:31 pm »

Medical Journal of Doctor Valrandir, PHD
1st Hematite

The horrible episode with the...  local cuisine has taught me an important lesson; we must have order.  I have commissioned my room expanded to fit a Bookkeeper's office, a position I will fill myself.  The murderer and the macedwarf shall work on it, along with a more proper entrance.

I also plan to be the acting Broker for this hole in the ground, in order to keep some resemblance of social integrity.

Kipi's Diary
17th Hematite

This area is rich in iron, gems, flux and coke-rendering stone.

I will make an effort to report our findings to the mountain homes soon.

Therleth's Log
3rd Malachite

The plaza area for workshops is almost complete.

The first stocks of Pig Tail came in.  I am looking forward to some nice, fresh brew from the stalks.

Fuzzy's Glorious Memory Journal
4th Malachite

Woohoo~!  Pig Tails are in!  I can make some nice thread, and them some cloth, and then we'll be happy and fashionable forever~!

Kipi's Diary
8th Malachite

My report on our findings went through.  Our verification came soon afterward.

We contemplated sending our leader, Scruffy, to meet them.  Then we decided, in the words of Therleth, "Fuck no."

---

Therleth approached the incoming group, along with Doctor Valrandir.  The good doctor spoke first.  "Hail!"  He spoke, waving them down.  "Are you here to rescue us?"  The apparent leader of the group raised his eyebrow to this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Rescue?"  He sighed, and planted his fingers into his brow.  "I've been assigned to a lot of idiots.  We are here by your request."  He adjusted his spectacles.  "After all, this is apparently an iron stockpile."

The Doctor looked at them with wide eyes.  "Iron..?"  Therleth spoke up.  "We do not have iron."  Nigel's companion spoke up behind him.

"Are you callin' Nigel a liar?"  She heaved her axe up.  Instinctively, Therleth unsheathed a knife.  She let down with a cleave, which was parried and deadlocked into Therleth's defense.

Nigel sighed.  "Miss, back up a bit.  Billybobfred and I tire."

The smaller man looked distant, right past the team.  He coughed, and started walking over.  The Doctor sighed.  "So does this make us...?"

Nigel responded firmly.  "You are now an official outpost of The Sacrificial Post.

---

Billybob's Memoires
9th Malachite

The standards of fort maintenance are not met in the least.  It is unsatisfactory.  There are no beds.  There are no defenses.

There are only Pig Tails and Dimple Cups growing.  This will not stand.  The local miner will designate more room for us to develop farmland.

14th Malachite

My office is operational.  Now it will see extensive use because, surprise, we have migrants.  Apparently Kipi has been reporting our finds back to the Mountain homes.  We're stuck here.  In this...  filthy...  hole in the ground.  Ugh.

Therleth's Log
16th Malachite

I will be keeping an eye on Miss.  She seems very dangerous.  This is for the good of all dwarf-kind.  She does, however, make a decent bed.

She will receive pardon for now.

Babylon Quarterly
1st Galena

I have finished my first engraving on the walls of this horrid fort!

It represents the futility of the operation.  We have no defenses and we're a team of incompetent nitwits (except myself).  Like the waves in the ocean, it will move, pushed into the sea...  Just as Therleth, the butch butcher, slaughtered a rabbit, so to will we be slaughtered by the next thing that comes along.  The Girdle represents the vanity in appearance that this forsaken colony has.  It's all symbolic.

Billybob's Memoirs
15th Galena

The second farm batch has completed its preparations.  I'm going to till as soon as I can.  I saw Fuzzy attempt to flirt with Miss earlier, as well.  Some joke about there being five beds in the fort; four more than necessary for a good time.

He seems oddly...  happy however.

No idea why.  It does not concern me.

There are blueprints along the floor of Nigel's room.

A primitive stone-trap system has been implemented.

Must determine the weight-damage ratio of Rock Salt.  Note:  Acquire material log from caravan.  Request forge permissions to upgrade to weapon traps.  Assess possibility of using magma as a tool.  Possible amendment; Utilize Miss as a weapon?  Acquire rope for testing purposes relating to this.

--  END SUMMER, 101 --

STOCKS:

Semi-eventful turn.  Three new migrants, first trap system, and Babylon's cycle of satire has begun.  So I ask you, Dwarves;  what will you do for the next season?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:48:20 pm by squeakyReaper »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2011, 01:19:04 am »

For the Next season I will be coordinating the creation of my quarters.

The entrance will be on the main floor. One door, followed by one clear step, and then one stair going four level down.
Dig a 9x9 area there, with the stair in the middle. This room will eventually receive beds, traction bench, tables and cabinets, but not just yet.

On a side of this area, open up a door going into a 5x5 room. This room will need a table and a chair, it is my new office.
Then on each 3 other side of the 5x5 room, make 3 more 5x5 rooms with a door in the middle of the wall. These will be my bedroom, catacomb and private dining room. They must receive basic furnitures. A bed, a coffin, a table and a chair respectively.
Place doors and we are done.

Finally, the doctor must not die. I must be strong!
For this, I will require a screw pump to be built in my office, and I will be busy pumping air safely in my room unless management, bookkeeping or brokerage is needed.

If a caravan comes, I will be requesting cows, leather, food and drinks, and one piece of rose gold.
I will also be trading for anything else needed.

Now, who will be making crafts so that we have something to trade for?
If nobody ends up doing it, I will be making rock mugs all the time instead of pumping air. We will also need a few wooden bins and a finished good stockpile.

We'll see.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2011, 08:43:31 am »

Add hatches to the roof of the shack, make a couple of waterskins, decorate everything with bone and then get preparations ready for training.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:03:05 pm by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2011, 12:19:33 pm »

If a caravan comes, I will be requesting cows, leather, food and drinks, and one piece of rose gold.
I will also be trading for anything else needed.

Now, who will be making crafts so that we have something to trade for?

Duely noted, will trade for those things.  Babylon has made a lot of Rock Crafts, and unless he has something else in mind for his character I'll make have her make more.  (Pronoun problems...)

If the shack has no roof, Therleth will roof it and add floor hatches for the possibility of further expansion. If there are no bolts for crossbow training, she will make some either by carving currently existing bones or she'll go kill an animal to get some bones. If there is no quiver, she will make one. If there are no archery targets, she will build one. If there are fewer than three waterskins, she will make them until we have a total of three. Once these requirements are met, she will decorate any existing trade goods with any remaining horns/hoofs/teeth and turn all remaining skulls into totems. If she ends up idle even after all that, she should train until the season is over.

The shack has a roof under construction, but I'll add that Hatch Cover for you.  You've made about 150 bone bolts already, and you started with a Cow Leather Quiver.  I'll have you make two more waterskins.  Then she'll decorate stuff.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2011, 12:55:38 pm »

Nergal will spend a month creating a surplus of doors, tables, chairs, and any other stone furniture we need.   Then it'll be back to training!  Also he's going to keep an eye on Miss and Therleth, infighting will lead to holes in our defenses, holes that those sky damaging surface walkers are sure to try and exploit!
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »

Nigel will continue putting traps at all the entrances. And probably ask if someone can make wooden cages for a few cage traps. Then he will build a fortress operations central control room, where he can build all the levers that control stuff in the fortress.

oh also, he'll obviously build a bunch of mechanisms to go along with it.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2011, 03:54:35 pm »

Nigel will finish putting at least one line of traps at every entrance, and two if it is a major entrance. Then he will mass construct mechanisms.

After completing those he plans to build a fortress operations central control room where he will build all the levers that control things in the fortress.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2011, 05:55:35 pm »

Fuzzy will weave some pig tail thread into cloth which he will make into bags, in which dimple cup dye may be stored. Then he will process pig tails into thread as available and dye the thread with dimple cup dye. He will weave dyed thread into cloth, which he will use to make dresses for the purpose of trading. He will also, reluctantly, brew alcohol if our stocks should start to run low.

Also, if we are building another farm plot, we should really get a dedicated farmer, as time Fuzzy spends planting is time he could otherwise spend grinding his skills in dyeing, weaving, and clothes-making in order to rack up those value modifiers for his finished products.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2011, 05:56:50 pm »

Also, if we are building another farm plot, we should really get a dedicated farmer, as time Fuzzy spends planting is time he could otherwise spend grinding his skills in dyeing, weaving, and clothes-making in order to rack up those value modifiers for his finished products.

Billybobfred can be a dedicated farmer.  I'll take you off of farming duty.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Autumn 101 - The Sanctum]
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2011, 07:13:15 pm »

1st Limestone

If I am to properly function in this so-called fortress, I will require the proper facilities.

Construction on my office has begun.  This shall be my own bunker of solitude.  I've taken the appropriate security measures, applying a ventilation system...  and my own personal room, away from the stench-ridden communal housing area.

Court Record
Edited by Miss Searedcrystal
7th Limestone

There will be order in this outpost.  By the glory of the Sacrificial Post, I will maintain it against scum, such as the criminal Therleth.  Officially she gets pardon due to her migrant status, punishment category 15a.  I do not know what she did to achieve criminal status, but her jail time is proof.

Babylon Quarterly
10th Limestone

I believe my work relates to itself quite well.  This is the crown piece of my crafting set as of late.

Therleth's Log
22nd Limestone

We received more migrants.  Neither are particularly remarkable.  Entirely dismissable.  Useless.

Fuzzy's Glorious Memory Journal
23rd Limestone

OhmahLenod

High Master Gem cutterrrrrrr.  He can't engrave worth a pig tail, but this could sooo impact my fashions.  Therleth isn't happy about it, but what do I care.  She's so darn stubborn!  Not my type at all.

Blueprints are stapled to the wall of Nigel's room.

On the 27th of Limestone, I completed my inner sanctum.

It shall house all the intricacies of fortress operation, accessable only by my room.  The levers, admittingly, do not do anything yet.  But before long, they shall hide the very secrets of our fortress's operation.  I have also started production of several cage traps on our main entrance.

Therleth's Log
4th Sandstone

There is a smear of blood across the page.

FUCKING BEARS

Nigel, somehow, kicked its ass.  His traps must have done the trick.  I do not know.

Remind me to never fuck with him.

6th Sandstone

On the other hand.

This shit is delicious.

There are smearings of booze and vomit on a random wall.

I HEREBY CLAIM THIS ROOM IN THE NAME OF BEER

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BEER

8th Timber

My dormitory has fully been set up.  It still needs a nice soap statue, and a bath...  but it will do.

The ventilation is pretty nice as well, but one can never have air that is too clean!

--

13th of Timber started off as a fairly uneventful day.  Then, suddenly, events happened.

The leader of The New Web of Pages went out to meet the Liason in his best attire, while Doctor Valrandir attended to the traders.  "Hullo people!"  Clad in a tie three times his height, one boot and an eyepatch, Scruffy waved frantically.  "Welcome to the best land in all of the land!~  It has a lot of land that you can land on.  Here, watch!"  He spoke as he landed on his feet...  then his face landed on the land.  "Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanddddd"  Vabok Pagetouched was...  unamused.

Doctor Valrandir went forward to shake the hand of his fellow trader, but then reconsidered.  Reaching into his pocket to grab a napkin, the guards surrounding the merchants perked up and tackled him, pinning him to the wall.  "My word, what is this!  Get your filth off of me!"  The Doctor squirmed as he was patted down.  The merchant nodded, and the guard backed off.  "I feel so...  violated."

"Raiders are common."  The trader spoke flatly.  "I was making sure you didn't have any weapons on you."

The Doctor looked exasperated.  "I was just getting a napkin!"

"A napkin?!"  The trader spoke in horror and dived backwards.  The hammerdwarf guard heaved up his weapon, and the team of guardians pinned him to the wall once more, ripping the napkin from his hands.

--

15th Timber

I hate trading.  I hate trading.  I hate trading.  I hate trading.  I hate trading.

This trails on for several paragraphs.

I traded away our useless crafts for some meat, drink, cheese, milk and basic equipment for our military.  Never again though.  Never.  Again.

-- END AUTUMN, 101 --

STOCKS:

Mostly just construction this season.  The roof is taking a while to work on.  Got two migrants though!  The front gate is guarded by three floodgates, which are connected to a lever in Nigel's secret bunker.  The floorhatch on the top also leads out, though I'm going to wall that off later so it's expandable.  Doctor Valrandir's inner sanctum is complete, though it's not all smoothed off quite yet.  So, what will your Dwarves do the next season?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:46:27 pm by squeakyReaper »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2011, 08:28:14 pm »

ohgodyes

oddly enough, I had an expedition leader who punched a nightwing in that exact same fashion.

Nigel will probably go around asking people if there are any complex machines and if they would mind if he were to hook them up to levers. Also he will try to harness power from the river, just in case power is ever needed.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2011, 09:24:47 pm »

I wonder how much progress Fuzzy is making on his fashion empire?

Anyways, he'll probably continue working on dyeing, weaving, and clothesmaking. If you need bags, he can make bags, and if you need ropes, he can make ropes. Otherwise, he will crank out dresses. Dresses and socks.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2011, 09:25:55 pm »

I wonder how much progress Fuzzy is making on his fashion empire?

Anyways, he'll probably continue working on dyeing, weaving, and clothesmaking. If you need bags, he can make bags, and if you need ropes, he can make ropes. Otherwise, he will crank out dresses. Dresses and socks.

He spent the entire season processing thread.  Pig Tails are coming in as fast as he can process with only Novice Threshing.  =P  I can switch him to dying, or straight to dress and sock making.  Either one will probably take all winter.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2011, 11:26:45 pm »

Have him work on dyeing, then, I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10