Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 8984 times)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Winter 101 - Sky's Tower]
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2011, 11:43:07 pm »

Therleth, satisfied with the existence of a pit for gobbo filth, will work on training her marksdwarf skills up for the coming assault which is surely around the corner given all the horrid noise we're making out in the wilderness. Before training she'll tie an animal up in that tower being built to support the sky to keep watch . . . that is, if there's windows to look out of. If there aren't, Therleth'll knock some out. No use letting a good sky tower go to waste on one task only. And if we lack a wood stove she'll build one for the future manufacture of menacing spikes, but only if we've found any appropriate metals as of yet.

Therleth would like one unclaimed migrant around as a dedicated hunter, but it's not necessary.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2011, 11:11:15 am »

Wood Stove = Furnace?  Just making sure.  I don't remember if I purchased an anvil from the caravan... I don't think I did.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2011, 01:52:17 pm »

Fuzzy can keep doing what he's doing for now.  :)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2011, 02:18:52 pm »

EDIT:  Disregard this post.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:13:48 pm by squeakyReaper »

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2011, 06:30:03 pm »

Wood Stove = Furnace?  Just making sure.  I don't remember if I purchased an anvil from the caravan... I don't think I did.

If we lack an anvil then disregard that. And yeah wood furnace my mistake. Don't build one. Therleth will make sure an anvil gets bought next caravan or she'll make sure Scruffy won't ever have a flask to drink from again. Scruffy will have no flask-related issues for now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:28:02 pm by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2011, 07:28:09 pm »

Babylon wants a bedroom, and she wants it to be square and big, 6X6 if possible. She'll smooth and engrave the walls and floor.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 102 - Migrants]
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2011, 10:19:06 pm »

Therleth's Log
24th Granite

I can sense the footprint of our enemies, approaching in such a clumsy matter.  We must be prepared.

I have personally constructed a more proper barracks inside.

Billybob's Memoirs
10th Slate

The farms have dried up, due to a lack of water nutrition.

I'll have this situation remedied immediately.  For some reason, this excited Nigel to an extreme amount...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nergal's Journal
22nd Slate

We managed to...  catch a bear.  Huh.  Not sure what to do with it, so I just put it in a stockpile.

Babylon Quarterly
24th Slate

Modesty is a feature to be admired in society.  The mark of a good ruler is one who is humble, and equates to them self to the common folk they treat as dirt.

I am no such ruler, so I have no reason to equate myself to anything.  This new room is fairly adequate, and my only joy in this sink hole.  Plus, it holds some of my greatest pieces.

A picture relating to the futility of fighting your literal dragons.

A picture of that whore, Therleth.  Note the name "Pregnancy", as I have reason to suspect.

And finally, an image representing what I hate most; this place.

Kipi's Diary
28th Slate

A few migrants arrived.

Then a few more.  Then a few more...

Long story short, we are now 33 dwarves in capacity.  Our once spacious, home-like walls have become...  crowded by many people.

A blueprint is soggy, placed in a mudtrap in the new farms.

A successful creation.

Therleth's Log

Might as well make some use for this blasted tower.

A mule, selected for his braveness, agility and well breeding (Editors Note:  This was the only mule we had) to be a scout on the top of our Tower.  It should be able to spot things far off, and shout when trouble happens.  Either that, or crap on our enemies.  Either way.

Medical Journal of Doctor Valrandir, PHD
18th Felsite

The Elven caravan arrived.  Not quite sure what to purchase from them, so I'll keep it under mind.  I do not believe we've created too many crafts since the last caravan, so I'm at a loss for what to trade them.

21st Felsite

One of the new immigrants has gone under some sort of strange movements.  I diagnosed it with the "Fey" syndrome.  These cases tend to be fatal if left unexamined, so I'll be keeping a close eye on him.

Billybob's Memoirs
24th Felsite

It is not that I do not trust Nigel.  He is a very skilled mechanic...  it's just that skill in the Dwarven kingdom does not equate functioning.  Still, I must commend him for the creation of this flooding system.

Our farming industry is back up to specs.

-- END OF SPRING, 102 --

I'll be working on the tour.  33 POPULATION NOW.  Phew!  The mood for the immigrant is Metalsmithing, I believe.  Turns out we do have an anvil though, eheh...  Making a forge for him, but the time was up before them.  Elven caravan is here, so claim what you're trading!  So...  what will your dwarves do in the coming season?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2011, 10:26:37 pm »

After doing so much mechanic-ery, nigel decides it's time to spruce up his room and get some reward for himself. He's going to want 2 coffers and a cabinet in his room, and everything smoothed if it ain't already, he'll even build the cabinet and coffers himself if he has to. And he wants a small side room next to his lever room, a place for his apprentice to stay, can't have him mingling with the common laborers, engineers gotta stick together.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:23 pm »

Couldn't think of an RP reason for this all, but I'm going to be wandering around in Adventure Mode to give you a tour of the fort.  Adventure!

Aaaaaaaaaand I started on the opposite side of the world.

Of course.

On the way, it turned to night.  And you know what that means!

I can make it though, right?

Of course not.  Retry!

Is...  that fort a penis?  I need to rest for the night, but it's...  not worth it.

Okay maybe it would be worth it.

...at least it isn't bogeymen?

AHAHA TAKE THAT MURPHY.

Okay!  So this is the gateway to our fort.  The bridge is manually operated below, and is the only way in to the fort.

Inside the fort is a bunch of workshops.  Plenty of things are here, and everything gets done in this little plaza.  The roof for it is finally finished, too!

Right next to the plaza is a long waterwheel and axel assembly.  It doesn't actually power anything yet, but it has three wheels.  We are successfully utilizing the stream's power!

These stars lead to the tower.  It's 12 z-levels of Towery goodness, except one floor which is where the Mule is tied.

Most things from the fort are accessed straight from here though.  The Depot is over there, the entry to Valrandir's home is up there, and the main entrance is down the channel'd slope.  The old farm dumping zones are marked.

Here's Valrandir's workstation.  It's still being engraved.  North is his dining, west is his office, east is his bedroom and south is his tomb.  Due to the non-functioning status of the dump zones, I don't think we'll be finishing the well any time soon.  The one in his room has 4 in it though, at least.

Immediately to the west of the main entrance is the dining area, which connects to the farm.

The next level is the housing district.  Only three dwarves have housing on this level; everyone else is unmarked because they do not have personal rooms.  Valrandir's is down that staircase though.

This is Nigel's studio.  Levers are marked.

Under the housing is the barracks, and archery range.

And I believe that is everything!  Thanks for joining us on our tour!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:17:28 pm by squeakyReaper »

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2011, 04:34:05 am »

hehe, the sin of pregnancy, that's awesome.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2011, 06:58:27 am »

Great Updates

On the next month, Dr Valrandir will train himself to become Mighty.
He will build himself a screw pump in his office, and operate it for a month.
After that time, he will check on himself to see how much his muscles grew.

Dr Valrandir will also request other dwarves to complete the filling of the well and bath.
The Hospital zone should get stocked with some soap, threads and cloth.

Valrandir will be looking for opportunities to get Gypsum Plasters.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2011, 07:43:56 am »

I believe we're on a Gypsum vein, so we can get that easily.  I'll have to use some intricate methods to get the well filled, not the bucket, but I think I can get it done.  You've been doing Pump Operation for most of the last two seasons, so you're a Professional Pump Operator now.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2011, 09:15:55 am »

I believe we're on a Gypsum vein, so we can get that easily.  I'll have to use some intricate methods to get the well filled, not the bucket, but I think I can get it done.  You've been doing Pump Operation for most of the last two seasons, so you're a Professional Pump Operator now.

Ahh! Excellent™

Would you please be so kind as to post a picture of my description so that I can see my new strength?
Depending on it I may switch to a different training.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2011, 09:22:47 am »

Woe unto any child born to Therleth, lest it become more or less a literal breastplate.

My seasonal actions: definitely grab one of those new Urists. Nickname him "Crossbow Marmot," and get him doing nothing but hunting wildlife. Therleth will craft any necessary goods out of leather for him to function: backpack, quiver, waterskin etc, and then commence making bone crafts from whatever he slays. She doesn't care about trading with the hippies, but later caravans will carry with them important trap components.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While he's out hunting she'll do a couple things instead of idling: build a wood furnace somewhere where the metal industry would be best situated, and build a smelter & forge if nobody else does. She'll also dig out a bedroom/emergency bolt hole beneath the butchery shack. She'll establish a 3x3 zone of free ground, somewhere out of thru-traffic, and channel out the middle tile of that square with a hatch cover on top. Below, make a 1x1 tunnel leading away from the hatch a good dozen or so squares with a couple of sharp turns in the tunnel before ending at a 5x8 room. Just a bed needs to be in there for now, she'll develop and interconnect this sinister cozy little room further next season.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:30:10 pm by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2011, 03:51:19 pm »

After doing so much mechanic-ery, nigel decides it's time to spruce up his room and get some reward for himself. He's going to want 2 coffers and a cabinet in his room, and everything smoothed if it ain't already, he'll even build the cabinet and coffers himself if he has to. And he wants a small side room next to his lever room, a place for his apprentice to stay, can't have him mingling with the common laborers, engineers gotta stick together.

If I'm gonna smooth it I wanna engrave it too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10