Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 9006 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Autumn 101 - The Sanctum]
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2011, 11:27:18 pm »

Have him work on dyeing, then, I suppose.

Will do.

Note that I have school tomorrow, so I won't be updating.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2011, 11:43:50 pm »

With the liaison having arrived, Therleth is concerned about the attention all their stomping around through the wilderness may have attracted. She will assist the engineer in arranging a pit trap to protect the main entrance. She'll dig it herself if she has to: at least 5 Z-levels down it'll go with a retractable bridge hooked to a color-coded lever and a spot to tie some bait. Position it wherever it would be most tactically sound: either right outside the shack or right inside the tunnel before the main fort.

Depending on other necessary tasks this could take more than a season, but since that cheery engineer keeps walking around looking for something to do and my ambiguously flamboyant love interest is busy playing Martha Stewart's Mountainhome I figure it'll be something more useful to pass the time with than straight training.

Also, anyone who kills a bear with a punch through its skull deserves a memorial slab.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:46:01 pm by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2011, 09:07:53 am »

On the Next Season, Doctor Valrandir will build himself a well.
We will need a mechanism, a rope of some kind (dyed if we have it), a wooden bucket and a rock block.
The well will be placed in the center room of my quarters, at coordinates (3,3).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First the ground will be channeled, then designated as a pound and filled by brave peons carrying water in buckets.
Once filled, the well will be placed before any contaminant can get in.

A bath will also be needed. It is unthinkable to be to bed without first cleaning oneself.
The bath will be a simple channel filled with water with buckets, placed directly below my bedroom door.
This way everytime that I enter my room, I shall be clean!

Finally depending on availability, we will need to get the hospital operational.
My central room will be used for this.

Furnitures will be needed as follow:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then the whole room will be declared an hospital.

I also noticed that we do not have any managers in this Fortress.
This must be corrected. Valrandir will assume the Manager position.

Soap must be made!
Valrandir will do it. 10 bars of soap must be placed in a soap stockpile, not too far away from the hospital.

This is what I will be doing in the next season.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2011, 09:38:22 am »

I'll make any furniture that Doctor Valrandir needs that hasn't been made yet during the first month, after the furniture is done I'll get to work on making a tower that will help support the sky.
The tower should be like this.
0X0
0=wall
X=up/down stair
I'll train for the last two months.
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2011, 04:49:42 pm »

This is epic.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2011, 04:57:25 pm »

Just a reminder that I can't update until tomorrow.  We also have two immigrants, as well as many more coming, so please sign up!

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2011, 05:09:05 pm »

Babylon's going to grumpily carve those black bear bones into bolts.  She's also going to pull a lever if she can get away with it, which lever is unimportant.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2011, 06:51:09 pm »

I will continue doing the farming thing and also ask about precious, precious electrum.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »

I will continue doing the farming thing and also ask about precious, precious electrum.

I actually do not know anything about electrum.  I'll have to look up what that is, and what to do with it...

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2011, 09:41:51 pm »

I actually do not know anything about electrum.  I'll have to look up what that is, and what to do with it...

Gold + Silver = Electrum. It makes for purdy statues. You can smelt it out of a cheap silver ore like tetrahedrite + a gold nugget and it ends up being pretty profitable.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:44:04 pm by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2011, 09:43:19 pm »

Ah.  AFAIK, we have no gold nor silver so far.  I'll keep a look out, as well as importing.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Winter 101 - Sky's Tower]
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2011, 09:45:56 pm »

Medical Journal of Doctor Valrandir, PHD
3rd Moonstone

I have elevated my self to the status of Manager and Chief Doctor.  This means I hold four noble houses in this outpost; that is because there is no one else as qualified as myself for these positions.  To celebrate the occasion, I have commissioned supplies for a grand hospital, as well as a well for my quarters.

--

Vabok Pagetouched, a professional liason, was undergoing...  unprofessional meetings.  Scruffy sat in the dining room, and was guzzling down three dwarven gallons of booze.  Experts debate to the day, but a dwarven gallon equates roughly to one third of a "Great Lake"...  though which Great Lake is still under study.  "So...  Mr. Scruffy."  Vabok attempted to keep up a facade of friendliness.  "What do you request from the mountain homes?"

--

Billybob's Memoirs
10th Moonstone

The fortress' doctor and myself have...  edited the record for our requests from the mountainhomes.  It now includes Rose Gold, Electrum, Gold, Silver, Cows and Cow Leather.  He asked about my obsession with Electrum, and I asked about his obsession with Male Bulls.

Editors Note:  Note pictured here; friendship with the doctor.  Because none exists.

Therleth's Log
13th Opal

Our more advanced security systems are being built.  A classic trap; they'll walk over the bridge, and then we'll pull it.  I'm planning on chaining one of these useless cats as bait.

14th Opal

The creation of my well system has both been delayed and validated...

Next spring, we must make haste to create a cistern.

1st Obsidian

The water unfreezes during Obsidian...  so it's only frozen during Opal.  Hmm.

Nergal's Journal
18th Obsidian

A damn, dirty Kobold approached our fort.

I chased him off with my mace, and talked about my successful defense during dinner earlier.  Fuzzy was pleased, as they disgust him...  but Therleth seemed rather worried.

Blueprints cover one hatch cover, pinched into the corner.

Working on acquiring power from river.  Seems like an efficient power source.  Hopeful for it.

28th Obsidian

My office is still undergoing its construction.  To pass the time, I have improved the ventilation system.  It's been a hobby of sorts for me.

Very therapeutic.

Blueprints are stabbed into a wall with a dagger.  The handwriting differs from Nigel's.

We've done enough sinning to the sky.  I've been working on my own project...  Hardly secret, but I shall not be the one who befalls the sky.

This pillar shall hold the sky when its completion is reached.

-- END OF WINTER, 101 --

Woo, one whole year guys!  Looking good!  This update may be a bit smaller than others, but that's mostly because projects are only impressive when they're nearing their finish.  Here's a small progress update for everyone;

Fuzzy, you were processing pig tails into thread, dyeing them, weaving them, then dyeing them again.  It's a slow process, but "double-dying" results in very high quality goods.  I haven't actually started you on making them into dresses yet though.

Babylon, there wasn't much bone left after Therleth was done with his turn, so you spent most of it shinying up everything.  Nigel's underground mechanic station is shiny!  It also now controls that bridge.  The bridge leads to a 5 z-level drop that has no exit.  There's nothing at the bottom quite yet though.  Nigel also has a waterwheel underprogress, three to be exact, and I'm making a way to transmit power safely all the way to the fort.

The tower is currently 8 z-levels high, and rising.  It'll get there soon.  And...  I think that covers everything?  Kipi is now legendary in mining, as well.  So, what will your dwarves do in the coming season?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2011, 11:03:53 pm »

EVERY FORT SHOULD BE PLAYED LIKE THIS

edit: typo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:18:02 pm by darkrider2 »

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2011, 11:12:40 pm »

In addition to an update tomorrow, imma make a full tour.  A little 'what's where' for the fort so far.  I'm predicting a migrant wave as well as elven traders, so make sure to tell me whatcha want.  If a migrant isn't claimed by a player, feel free to boss 'em around, like requesting one for your squad or asking for an additional mechanic, or w/e.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2011, 11:19:11 pm »

Um... I think nigel will take one of the migrants and make them his apprentice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10