Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199498 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 35 [In which there are moar firebreathing skulls]
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2011, 01:40:33 am »

stab the cross in the next skull.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2011, 02:13:26 am »

Bash a skull

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 23, 2011, 02:42:24 am »

Hmm, the spoiler shows you regressed my health+mana gains in from last turn Serious!
I got a healing and a mana pot, remember?

That's what I get for c/p an older post. ^^ Thanks for pointing that out, fix it in a jiffy.

Also, it won't require a roll to break the lock; that's just my way of giving an in-story "are you sure you wanna go in?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 36 [In which the second team almost gets baked]
« Reply #528 on: March 23, 2011, 04:21:26 am »

Hmmm... I'm not sure about this, but what the hell! Lets do it! Just make sure that nothing sneaks up on us by using the mist.

Daniel creates 4 torches from the branches and sharpens the last one into a spear with his knife which he then hardens the tip of by making a small fire using the shavings and putting the sharp end into it. He also rubs some ash onto the sign to see if there are any indentations left on it.

And while we are well covered for light, some open flame can come in handy against some monsters. We can each get a torch since I got enough branches, so thats a light source for each of us! :D

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 23, 2011, 05:08:32 am »

Stab the nearest pillar. STAB IT I SAY!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 23, 2011, 03:56:59 pm »

And onto the waiting list I go.
Spoiler: Arrrrrrrr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 23, 2011, 04:32:39 pm »

Also, just so everyone knows, Claire's vampiric cutlass is because the pirate's class skill is (starts with an artifact weapon).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 23, 2011, 04:34:22 pm »

You're a pirate? Huzzah! ^[i_i]^

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 23, 2011, 04:47:53 pm »

Land pirate...!

Post your action already Darvi.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 23, 2011, 04:50:06 pm »

Didn't I already suggest to check the statues?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 23, 2011, 04:52:59 pm »

We got a small update after that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2011, 04:56:47 pm »

Ya, but nothing about those. You never know, they might be gargoyles or something. Eh, prod statues with 10 foot pole.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 23, 2011, 05:37:30 pm »

This turn might be the only one today since I'm heading over to a friend's house later and he doesn't have an internet connection. :\ On a side note, *crashes through wall*

PARTY 1

Daniel pauses for a moment to attempt some crafting. (3, 6, 7, 8, 2) He fashions three torches, but the first one he tries turns out to be rotted on the inside and useless for burning. When he tries to create a spear, the limb just falls apart for much the same reason. Meanwhile, the Friar bashes the lock with his mace, snapping the brittle links. Slowly but surely the iron gates creak open, and Marcus advances into the mists, followed closely by the rest. They advance upon the statues until Wymar removes his pole and uses it to prod one. It feels solid, and nothing happens other than some moss falling away from the scrape.

It looks like an angel. It is at this point the party realizes they are standing in a graveyard, and that the gates close behind them with a rather loud rattle. In the light of Daniel's torch, they see that bones have risen from the ground on each side of the fence and woven themselves through the gate, preventing it from behind opened again.

(Party is at the marked section of the grid.

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 G1
A2 B2 C2 D2 E2 F2 G2
A3 B3 C3 D3 E3 F3 G3
A4 B4 C4 D4 E4 F4 G4
A5 B5 C5 D5 E5 F5 G5
A6 B6 C6 D6 E6 F6 G6
A7 B7 C7 D7 E7 F7 G7)

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

You stab (RT: BP3. Autohit. Minor Success (8-2 IW), 1d4. 3 damage) the third Bone Pillar in the top right eye. Your rapier almost looks like it will go through without hitting anything at first, but after a moment it punches through part of the skull.

NAZARA

Those bones WILL be powder. (RT: BP3. Autohit. Minor Success, 1d6 damage. 6 damage) Your powerful blow completely pulverizes the top skull against the second one, which shatters. The skull on the ground is unaffected, though.

BONE PILLAR 3

The bone pillar retaliates by firing three fireballs. (RT: Malleus, Malakai, Malleus. 5 vs 3+2 [8 vs 7+2. defense], 1 vs 5-1 evasion, 8 vs 8+2 defense) Malleus steps in front of Malakai and takes all three fireballs to the chest, where they fail to deal any damage to his armor.

MALLEUS RAULAT

After deflecting the fire, you retrieve your cross and strike a bone pillar with it. (RT: BP1. Autohit. -1 MP, Minor Success, 1d6. 5 damage/kill) The silver cross glints in the sunlight as you smite the column of skulls, shattering them with your blow.

MALAKAI RITT

You raise your staff and charge at the closest enemy! (RT: BP2. Autohit. Major Success, 2d6. 4 damage) Your weapon strikes one of the skulls squarely on the occipital lobe, cracking it but not destroying it.

BONE PILLAR 2

After glowing red for a brief moment, it fires back. (RT: Nazara, Pierre, Malleus. 4 vs 1, 8 vs 4, 4 vs 7+2. Massive Success, Nazara takes 2d4x2 damage. 12 damage. Major Success, Pierre takes 2d4 damage. 6 damage) Malleus again takes the fireball with no ill effect, but Nazara and Pierre are caught in the flames! They are forced to stop, drop, and roll to put out the fire enveloping them, and when it goes out, they're much the worse for wear.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 23, 2011, 05:38:55 pm »

Look for a crypt. Watch out for body parts sticking out of the earth.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 23, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »

Hmm...I think we should move in group in a circular path- C6 to F6 to F2 to C2, and stop and search the adjoining hexes in those four spots. We should find something!

We'll cover the whole graveyard pretty much. Any objections?

Lead the group on a merry jaunt through the cursed graveyard, using the above strategy
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:49:06 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 288