Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199399 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 147 (Lightning Hammers in Magic Tower, Gifts in Science Tower)
« Reply #3990 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:21 pm »

Don't get it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:19 pm »

108 is Suikoden, so wrong RPG series Darvi. :3 As for PM, I had to look through my notes until I found your character (I should label my shit better, honestly) and, uh, hmm. Bulletspam comes to mind. That also reminds me, you wanted an ammunition type for your Christmas present, right? How about fragmentation ammo? It would work like Irony's Kraken Ammo in that is has a 1d4 chance to do something, but instead of lowering defense it splits off on impact and hits another enemy.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: January 05, 2012, 10:09:33 pm »

That would work.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: January 05, 2012, 10:09:41 pm »

108 is more than just... wait what, Suikoden has an actual boss with 108 phases?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: January 05, 2012, 10:12:11 pm »

It's been a while since I've played that game, but I don't remember the 108 phases thing. Is it an attack? As for Suikoden, I just meant the 108 stars/characters... Also, OK, Powder. I'll make a note of it in the list I have. This one is actually clearly labeled! :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: January 06, 2012, 01:03:17 am »

Who's missing actions right now? I wanna get to see if a certain lightening mage gets thrown out a window!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: January 06, 2012, 05:32:47 am »

Hey! That's not a cool thing to say abou- oh wait, you're talking about me. >.> <.< Right.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: January 06, 2012, 06:04:21 am »

dont worry, me and irony will get you out in no time, frostbite may be included.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: January 06, 2012, 07:00:39 am »

Pet Chomp. Follow the party
Raggle Fraggle

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: January 06, 2012, 12:18:06 pm »

Double weighted throwing daggers at the bloody thing's head!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: January 09, 2012, 12:38:25 am »

Swing at the colosus
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 148 (Mage = Effective Weapon, Shocking Results)
« Reply #4001 on: January 15, 2012, 02:54:25 pm »

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 31 (2)
Escape before I get thrown out of a window.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 62 (6)
Smash as much of the arm holding zathyran as i can
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 52 (8)
Double weighted throwing daggers at the bloody thing's head!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 28 (8)
Pry Zathryan out of the colossus' arm, or failing that just slash it.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild: 41 (1)
Swing at the colossus

Quote from: Mirror Colossus / SeriousConcentrate: 75
Crush Zathyran, then hit Alora with him

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
"It seems we will have to play more door guessing games...I say South first. The air doesn't smell so foul on this side of the room."
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Pet Chomp. Follow the party
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
go west, unless my allies choose differently.
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus
Head West.
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf
Follow the Friar to the door go in first, or second atleast.

The colossus fixed its reflective eyes on its abductee with a heavy breath. It lifted Zathyran up and tightened its grip momentarily (6-2 damage) then swung him at Alora! (5+3 vs 7; 4+4 Massive Success, 2d4x2; 12-1 damage) The werewolf wasn't fast enough to react and Zathyran's shoulder - with the force of the colossus's swing behind it - struck her in the side of the head and knocked her to the ground, temporarily senseless! Malleus watched the arm swing, and when he felt the moment was right, he struck! (5+2 vs 5+3) But the angle of his blow was wrong, and the hammer glanced off of the monster's elbow. Pierre drew his daggers... (-2 MP. 7 vs 2+3; Major Success, 2d6+1d6; 13 damage. 7 vs 3+3; Massive Success, 2d6x2+1d6x2; 26 damage, 39 total) The first buried itself in the creature's left eye, and the second hit the first, driving it in deeper!

The colossus roared in pain and threw its arms around, coming dangerously close to slamming the captive mage into the wall or ceiling. (8+3 vs 5+3; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d6x2; 18 damage) ...But Alora got back to her feet, and with a swing of her Lajatang, gave the colossus something else to worry about! (7+3 vs 7+3 (2+3 vs 2+3 (7+3 vs 3+3))) The hand loosened slightly, and Zathyran pulled himself out of its grasp and jumped away, tucking into a roll upon landing and coming up facing the monster once more! Claire took a shot at it now that he was clear. (7 vs 3+3; 8+4 Critical Success, 2d6x2+100%; 36 damage) Her cutlass sliced through a finger, severing it completely!

In the other tower, Biernat chose to go with (Odd Dwarmin/adwarf, Even Gimmjow6th/Taricus: 7) the friar and the werewolf south while the nobleman and the watchman headed west. Tariq and Frenz opened their door first, and as soon as they entered, it slammed closed behind them! A heavy, featureless iron slab fell on either side of the door. Meanwhile, (1/2 adwarf since he wanted to go first, 3 Dwarmin, 4 Riccto. 4) Biernat tried to open the southern door... and was shocked by a powerful current! (5 damage. Strength check: 7+2+1 from Iron Hunter) With his amazing willpower, Biernat was able to force his hand open and step away from the door, although he was feeling pretty frazzled by the occurrence. With no recourse, they headed east instead.

In the west, Tariq and Frenz were presented with what appeared to be a pretty boring room. No furniture to speak of, just some markings on the walls, some with holes below them. The door opposite was guarded by a heavily spiked slab of iron; there was probably a mechanism somewhere in here that lifted it, as doing so manually was out of the question. (Odd Tariq Even Frenz: 2) Frenz looked at the holes more closely; each was surrounded by the carving of a demon in such a way that the holes appeared to be their mouths. Above each was a carving; demon 1 had a crucifix over its head, the second had a setting sun, and the third had a pentagram. He peered into each hole and saw, recessed a bit, a lever. If he wanted to flip any, he would have to reach in and do so manually.

Tariq, meanwhile, was occupied with something that caught his attention: a scuttling in the far wall. A hand came out of a hole near the floor dragging an enveloped. Intrigued and confused for the moment, he watched it drop it and then scuttle back. He picked up the envelope. (Tariq Dodge Roll: 5, poison avoided but not damage: 2 damage) When he opened the envelope, a razor cut his hand; several more fell out of the envelope. He frowned at the thin cut on his hand, then read the letter inside.

Your way is barred,
Make your choice.
One frees you from your prison,
The others punish your ignorance.

Choose wisely.

Hint: The beginning of true knowledge will show you the way.

What did they want to do?

As for the trio in the east, it was filled top to bottom with cages. In the middle of the room was a large, greased pit; the three could see the black blood glistening along the slopes of it and flowing around spikes. Alexander saw a plaque near the pit and read it aloud for everyone. "Defeat my new experiment to proceed. Don't feed the caged experiments." That was... baffling. They looked around again and noticed movement in the cages as well as very, very quiet whirring and clinking noises. Further examination revealed large, red eyes in the walls near the ceiling, tracking each step they made with a single-minded malevolence. Finally, near the opposite door was a set of keys hanging on a hook.

What were they going to do?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

I could recommend Accuracy for you, IO. Everyone else has that as a bonus, it's pretty useful. ^^^

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 148 (Mage = Effective Weapon, Shocking Results)
« Reply #4002 on: January 15, 2012, 03:03:21 pm »

Not another puzzle :'(
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: January 15, 2012, 03:06:00 pm »

:3

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: January 15, 2012, 03:08:39 pm »

Zap that bastard into oblivion!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 288