Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199414 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 146 (Shattered Mirrors, Dead Demons, Food and Rest)
« Reply #3960 on: January 04, 2012, 02:11:07 pm »

lol. My experience was considerably more modern since I had a chainsaw and a powered woodsplitter. :)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: January 04, 2012, 03:20:27 pm »

"A eh..Intreguing tale Friar. I wish mine was oh so how errrm...Exciting. I am a simple man, no crusading or investigations for me. I was born on my fathers farm with my brother and sister and I want to protect them. Simple ya?" Biernat nods firmly before...
Moving up next to Greenmore on the stairs with his own shield to maximize coverage

Friar Greenmoore nods. Both experienced warriors imperceptibly shift their shield stance without having to consult-Friar Greenmoore, being shorter, shifts slightly to the left and down-protecting Biernat and himself from a sudden strike to the waist or legs. Biernat begins sweeping to the left and right at shoulder level, to defend against a sudden attack from above or ahead.

"I'd imagine there is much adventure and wonder to be found, even in your simple tales Biernat. You are a humble man, and you hardly needed a crusade to find adventure-nay, If I were a betting man, I'd say you needed no grand quest to find your wonders, but merely living day to day.

If you search your memories, you might find things you did and survived, that prouder men deemed impossible."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: January 04, 2012, 07:42:25 pm »

All right, working on turn now. I'm going to go back and compile the list of Christmas wishes (last chance to get something is before Turn 150 because that's a nice number; once you've made one you'll get it ASAP) to make sure I've got them all correct, then collect actions and run the turn. (Too bad I was wrong about the 'being done for awhile' on the log thing. I have to go split more tomorrow... ;_;)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: January 04, 2012, 08:48:30 pm »

That's an awfully small axe, Darvi.

Noooooo indecisiveness nooooooo. I'll default to the GM-handled Horadric Cube unless I can get those tables in time. :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 147 (Lightning Hammers in Magic Tower, Gifts in Science Tower)
« Reply #3964 on: January 04, 2012, 08:54:25 pm »

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 51 (3)
Zap that golem into submission.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 44 (4)
"well that accomplished nothing, ill go look after those guys upstairs"
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 42 (5)
Prepare for combat by equipping my Montera! COME AT ME, YOU BIG BRUTE.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 16 (3)
Rejoin the others... wherever they went.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild: 24 (5)
Alora moves to catch up with Zathyran and Pierre

Quote from:  Mirror Colossus / SeriousConcentrate: Autolast
Finish forming; attack Claire, grab Zathyran

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Friar Greenmoore moves up the stairs, leading the group with shield brought out defensively.
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Move up next to Greenmore on the stairs with his own shield to maximize coverage
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Get up, and begin walking up the steps
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus
Tariq follows the group up the stairs into the next level.
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf
Alexander followed his allies up the stairs.

The mirrors finished forming into a massive torso with an oversized head, the jaws containing several rows of reflective teeth. Its eyes were blank and empty, showing them only their own faces as its arms extended to block the way up. It let out a guttural, inhuman roar... sparking Zathyran into action! Electricity arced between his fingers as he raised them towards the colossus... (-4 MP. 6+2 vs 5+3 [4+2 vs 4+3]; 2. 3+2 vs 1+3; 7+3 Critical Success, 2d10x2+75% + 1d10x2+75%; 46+35=81 damage) The first blast of lightning hit the creation in the face and reflected off, arcing into the ceiling harmlessly. When it opened its mouth for a second roar, Zathyran threw both hands forward, shooting a bolt directly into its throat and shocking it from the inside!

Malleus. Claire, and Alora came up the stairs the second they heard the first roar. To everyone's shock, the extremely armored Malleus was leading the three and he cleared the last step with a mighty leap, raising his warhammer in both hands... (8+2 vs 3+3; 8+3 Critical Success, 2d6x2+75%+50% Effective Type (Bashing); 42 damage. 1, no freeze) He swung it down with all of his might, smashing it directly in the forehead and sending small shards of mirrored glass everywhere! He landed, twirling his weapon around his hand for momentum as he raised his shield... Pierre, in the meantime, had used the opportunity to swap hats to his newest find: the Montera! He put it on and instantly felt lighter on his feet.

Alora, too, was running in to attack and ran past Pierre, who was too busy admiring his many reflections in the facets of the creature's face to even consider attacking at the moment. (1+3 vs 3+3) But she, too, was stopped and stunned by the reflection! Not Pierre's, just the light that was shining off of the creature. It got in her eyes and blinded her. Claire, in the rear, finally got close enough to attack (5 vs 4+3) but she was the third victim of the reflection! This time it WAS Pierre's reflection that stopped her. "Hat looks good on you," she commented.

The colossus didn't care about any of that! (Claire: 1+3 vs 6+2. Zathyran: 8+3 vs 4+3) It grabbed Zathyran with its closer hand, identifying him as the largest threat, and lifted him into the air. At any moment it could start squeezing the life out of him, or fling him into the ground or out a window. O.O (Zathyran is being Crushed! Until he escapes with a successful movement roll, he will automatically take 1d6 damage each round, and the colossus has the option to slam him against the ground for massive damage although that will release him instantly. On the other hand, he can still attack with a slight penalty, and while he's being held the colossus only gets one attack per round...)

In the other group, the five proceeded upstairs cautiously... but nothing dangerous awaited them in the next room! In fact, all that was there was a rather pagan - in Greenmoore's estimation, anyway - tree with a few gifts scattered under it. Each was in a package with a name on the front, and a note hung from the tree. Tariq took it and read it aloud. "To my test subjects: You were most entertaining in the previous room! It's too bad that my latest two acquisitions escaped, but this way I'll get to see how they react to these situations as well. I suppose it isn't a total loss in that regard. I do look forward to seeing all of you. Personally, that is. I'm watching you right now." As he said that, all five looked around. Biernat saw it first: a familiar eye peeking out of an alcove high in the wall. As soon as everyone saw it, it vanished upwards. Tariq turned back to his letter. "Take these gifts. I do so want you to stay alive for a few more tests."

He shrugged and discarded the letter as they looked at their presents. Tariq opened his first; it was a sword. In fact it looked almost exactly like the other talwar he had! But where the name 'Karim' was engraved along the blade, this one instead said 'Farah.' He buckled the sheath to his swordbelt. (Tariq gets: Paired Blade, Farah's Talwar! Upgrades gained by this are also applied to Karim's Talwar, and vice versa.) Next was Alexander. His package was almost as tall as he was! He opened it to find a rather masterfully crafted claymore; the blade was wide and slightly heavy for more cutting power, and the golden hilt was wrapped with brown leather. The pommel, a round knob, was studded with onyx gems. This, too, had a name carved along the blade: "Joyeuse." (Alexander gets: Joyeuse! It is slashing, +1 to damage, and on a Major+ success, inflicts Shadow damage with a 25% chance (4 on 1d4) of inflicting Poisoned status. When an enemy is poisoned, 1d4 is rolled; the enemy takes the result as damage for 1d6 rounds. Poison doesn't stack.)

Third to open his present was Biernat. In it, he found a black ball and chain. It didn't appear to be too special until the ball opened up a pair of dark eyes and regarded him for a few moments before baring its fangs at him. Cautiously, he picked it up. The chain squirmed a bit like a giant tail, until it looped around his body. Once it was comfortable, it pulled itself from his hands and hung itself from its chain, making a sound suspiciously like snoring. (Biernat gets: Chain Chomp! It deals 1d8 damage normally, and by spending 1 MP when attacking, gains a 50% chance to get a second, free attack with it!) He petted it as Greenmoore cautiously pulled apart the wrapping on his gift.

Inside was a pair of old robes that he recognized at once... in fact, he hadn't seen them in almost twenty years: his old robes, back when he first started hunting creatures of the night. He had lost them in that incident with the succubus, and they still looked as pristine now as they did then: pure white, with a single red cross at the chest and upper back. He shed his current brown robe and put it on, marveling that it still fit as well as it used to. (Greenmoore gains: Crusader Robes! These robes subtract -1 damage from any damage roll against him, but will not provoke a counter if the effect lowers the roll enough.) Once again, he felt protected by his faith.

The final present went to Frenz, and he opened it eagerly. As a nobleman, he was used to receiving gifts, some useful like hunting dogs, and some for courtship, like wine from various noblewomen. This, however, definitely fell into the 'useful' category. It appeared to be a plain leather whip... until he cracked it, and it blazed with a brilliant white flame momentarily. With a grin to himself, he rolled it up and stuck it into his belt. (Franz gets: Flame Whip! It inflicts both Fire and Blunt damage, has +1 to damage, and a 25% chance (4 on 1d4) on a Major+ success to inflict Burning status. When Burning, an enemy takes 1d4 (1d8 if weak to fire) damage for two rounds and defense is lowered by -1 until the status ends.)

They compared gifts and made small talk for a few moments, but they still had a choice before them. This time, there were three doors: south, east, and west. What were they to do?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl still has a skillup, and you still have some time to think about it, IO. ^^^ At the very least you have to deal with this monster first. :3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: January 04, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »

Well duh, real life axes are rarely much bigger.

NINJA SC

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 147 (Lightning Hammers in Magic Tower, Gifts in Science Tower)
« Reply #3966 on: January 04, 2012, 09:15:49 pm »

Excellent. Now to come up with tables that aren't too complex for SC to apply. >_>

Darvi: Sure they are. I've got a two-hander. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: January 04, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »

Friar Greenmoore wore the robes with some trepidation.

He knew *why* they had been chosen.

..from the time of his Crusading days, where he had felt young, full of fire and strength...and was for a time, blinded by his own fanaticism, confident he knew everything there was to know. He also knew why they had been cleaned so well-for there had been times when they were so drenched with blood the red cross on the center could not even be made out. It was a reminder. Almost as if they were saying no matter how clean it looked on the outside, some stains would never come out.

He also noted wryly a specific scent of nutmeg-the one his lover, Talas mother, had favored when She visited him, for a being such as her could control the senses to a certain degree-the scent still clung to it, fresh as it had been the day...after. It had been something special between them.

Another reminder, but a more bitter one-and he did feel a pang of fear with it, the first in this long trip, the first in years. What if they had found the wily Friars weakness? His faith was strong, but like the strongest fortress, there was a small door left unguarded.

Friar Greenmoore prayed quietly.

God, of all the beings in this world, please let Her be beyond Draculas reach...even is she is anthema to you, I loved her all the same...please, protect her if your mercy extends that far.

Of course, there was no answer, from within or without, nor could he have expected one. The powers of Light and good existed on faith, or they did not exist at all.

After he composed himself, he turned back to the group. He was surprised to found his voice had raised a notch in timbre.

"It seems we will have to play more door guessing games...I say South first. The air doesn't smell so foul on this side of the room."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: January 04, 2012, 10:32:00 pm »

Alexander scowled as the note was read, and he spoke quickly, "Test Subject! Wait until I find you, I am going to tear you limb from ... *growling noise*" Towards the end Alexander accidentally loses control of his voice, and a feral growl escapes his lips, he hastily grabbed the sword, placed it on his back, and followed the Friar to the door.

Follow the Friar to the door go in first, or second atleast.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: January 04, 2012, 10:35:59 pm »

OOC:I AM NOW THE BALROG!
"Ah, how useful. let us go west! my gut tells to so."
go west, unless my allies choose differently.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:18 pm »

Escape before I get thrown out of a window.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: January 05, 2012, 03:48:41 am »

"LET GO OF HIM FOUL CREATION"
Smash as much of the arm holding zathyran a i can
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: January 05, 2012, 05:03:24 am »

Just a quick question to the players, who is liking the towers? Cause I'm pretty jelleh that I can't play through them with you guys.  :'(

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: January 05, 2012, 05:09:21 am »

You're making me feel like a meanie for the dice rolls. :(

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: January 05, 2012, 06:37:28 am »

Just a quick question to the players, who is liking the towers? Cause I'm pretty jelleh that I can't play through them with you guys.  :'(
Oh they are like WH fantasy awesome, how come?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 288