Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95066 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 April, 1944: Onto German Soil)
« Reply #480 on: April 22, 2012, 01:33:01 pm »

updoot plz?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 April, 1944: Onto German Soil)
« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2012, 08:20:16 pm »

This time around, I was a little less aggressive on cropping the pictures, which will hopefully give you a better feel for the way the battles are progressing.

Spoiler: 1 June, 1944 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unit updates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Losses charts (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 June, 1944: Up The Steppes)
« Reply #482 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:57 am »

Looks like there will be a race to Berlin pretty quickly, then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #483 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06:34 pm »

Since we have no help from the Allies, the race is between us and the retreating Germans, and they'll probably win by dint of having a head start. :P

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 26, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »

Judging by the ongoing battles, both the Americans and the Germans will send their troops to die in suicidal attacks until either the Soviet troops run out of ammunition or Americans/Germans run out of manpower.
Also, Operation Overlord didn't take place (yet), am I right?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #485 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

Judging by the ongoing battles, both the Americans and the Germans will send their troops to die in suicidal attacks until either the Soviet troops run out of ammunition or Americans/Germans run out of manpower.
Also, Operation Overlord didn't take place (yet), am I right?

We're presently the only people the Axis is at war with-- France, Britain, and Co. (which doesn't include the US) has stayed out of this Eastern struggle, so no help from the other front is likely (we'd be in Berlin right now if there was). The Germans actually have plenty of manpower, but they've run out of industry to turn manpower into military force. The Americans aren't likely to run out of either.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 26, 2012, 05:43:12 pm »

How long will it take for these massive casualty imbalances to start hampering German reinforcements?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #487 on: April 26, 2012, 10:48:36 pm »

They already are: the reason the German divisions in Stanislawow were so badly understrength is because they don't currently have the industrial capacity to provide many reinforcements at all. For the moment, casualties we inflict on the Germans can be considered permanent.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:05 pm »

Awesome! How permanent are our casualties?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #489 on: April 28, 2012, 07:59:56 am »

I have enough IC dedicated to it that, for the moment, our reinforcements are coming along just fine.

Manpower is going to be the limiting factor (we have ~600 and use about 30-60 per month), but if we can occupy Germany this summer (we won't accept their peace bargain unless they're negotiating for themselves rather than their alliance), we'll be in pretty good shape going forward.

If that doesn't happen, it'll be a bit rougher for us: we'll probably run out of our manpower reserve, but we'll probably be able to keep all of our divisions at full strength (since we make a pretty good amount of manpower per day). Reinforcements will just take longer to arrive, production will stall when manpower isn't available, and it'll become more important to use forces carefully (not that I have any difficulties doing that).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 28, 2012, 12:03:41 pm »

I'm wondering, IRL the casualties ratio were ranging from 14:1 (during Barbarossa) to something like 2-3:1, in favor of the Germans. How come your virtual USSR is so good at this, managing ratios of 2.5:1 even on the attack, and ~6:1 on defense (up to 32:1 on at least one occasion :p)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 28, 2012, 02:21:31 pm »

Is the south looking weak for us or the Germans? Also does my airforce have enough range to hit Berlin?

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #492 on: April 29, 2012, 02:21:08 pm »

I'm wondering, IRL the casualties ratio were ranging from 14:1 (during Barbarossa) to something like 2-3:1, in favor of the Germans. How come your virtual USSR is so good at this, managing ratios of 2.5:1 even on the attack, and ~6:1 on defense (up to 32:1 on at least one occasion :p)

It's difficult to say. I can think of two big ones:
  • The real USSR wasn't prepared for an attack. We were (both in intangible terms and in the sense that the events increasing our ground defense efficiency had already fired). We didn't suffer the long retreats and major, army-level encirclements the real USSR did (though we almost had that one in the first few months, just east of Bobraisk).
  • When the Germans attacked, I believe our army was both smaller and more advanced than the real Soviet army of 1941 was compared to our army of 1943, leading to fewer casualties.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 29, 2012, 04:24:21 pm »

Is the south looking weak for us or the Germans? Also does my airforce have enough range to hit Berlin?

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #494 on: April 29, 2012, 09:00:46 pm »

You have fighters, not bombers. If you had bombers, they couldn't reach Berlin. If they could, they could almost certainly be doing something more useful than bombing a city to basically no effect.

I'll thank you not to quote your own posts for emphasis.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37