Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95139 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (January 1940: The Winter War)
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »

AoD's basically the reverse of standard HoI2 in that it's almost always worth it to bring brigades (not so much in the case of the USSR in the game we're playing here, though--we just need more divisions at this point, and what's attached to them is unimportant owing to time and IC constraints).

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (January 1940: The Winter War)
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2011, 12:55:24 am »

Text-only today.

Spoiler: 1 October, 1940 (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (October 1940: Vive la France!)
« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2011, 01:00:46 am »

Ukraine is useless? Doesn't it contain like a fourth of the USSR's IC, atleast in vanilla?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2011, 07:19:45 am »

As for France...

I'm assuming it's because of Belgium and Netherlands not joining the Allies automatically on May 1, 1940 for some reason, which would Germany to begin its invasion of Benelux -  meaning the AI simply continuing to mass troops on the Belgian / Dutch border for no reason.

Well, either that, or AI France is smart, the UK brought their entire army in there, or they somehow acknowledged that extending the Maginot line was a good idea.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2011, 11:23:42 am »

Yeah sure, move the fleet if you want, not much use for it on the east for now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2011, 04:56:51 pm »

Ukraine is useless? Doesn't it contain like a fourth of the USSR's IC, atleast in vanilla?

Parts of it do. I intend to use the Dnieper as my line of retreat to the east; with the current arrangement of German forces plus what exactly we're facing, this should be possible, and so we won't lose the whole of the country.

A large part of our current industrial capacity is coming from factory projects in the Urals.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2011, 05:12:48 pm »

Ukraine is a major grain basket so without it you would have food problem in real life, though that aspect is ignored in game (and was ignored by the Soviet government).

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2011, 12:23:32 pm »

I lost an update, but it's now the beginning of July 1941, and the Germans have not attacked. War plans now shift to Операция В, in which we will attack the Germans as soon as the snow melts next spring (our production is greater than theirs, so more delay is better for us). I might get to playing until then as early as today.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2011, 01:45:32 pm »

Can't we make peace with the German, and attack someone else?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2011, 01:55:51 pm »

I'm unsurprised by the Germans not attacking. I think a lot of WWII's major events are... well, events. So if the "France conquered" event didn't fire, then none of the rest of the events will have either. So no Operation Barbarossa.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2011, 08:51:57 pm »

A special treat tomorrow: as a fitting capstone to our college careers, a friend and I are going to play a 1936-1945 US/Britain cooperative game, which I will be taking notes on for your reading pleasure. I doubt we'll get it all done, but we'll almost certainly get to the war, and from there I should be able to say at least something of interest.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2011, 09:05:46 pm »

That sounds AWESOME!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2011, 08:38:03 am »

What's happened to this?
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2011, 11:23:01 am »

It's been a busy few weeks. The Britain/US game didn't make it to the war, but that's going to continue at some point down the line. I'll be back to the USSR before too much longer, playing until April or so of 1942. Following that update I'll post some screenshots and we'll make plans for the war on the Third Reich.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2011, 01:12:46 pm »

Slightly different style today--since I couldn't fit my laptop next to my desktop today to take notes, I wrote down what happened on paper, and will be giving a month-by-month rundown of what happened since July 1941.

Spoiler: 1 April, 1942 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37