Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hotel Dwarfornia  (Read 2995 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Hotel Dwarfornia
« on: February 19, 2011, 09:51:35 am »

Ok, having some FUN with inefficieny now. Every dwarf will have a 3x3 room at least, with some nice masterwork furniture and everything engraved and decorated. All food will be of the highest standard. I've set up some preliminary bedrooms underground, these will stack so I can hold all my 200 dwarves on top of the huge dining room. Outside will be pasture. I'm going to get every animal I can, and get a constant loop of shearing and spinning, huge numbers of farms, everything.

Basically, holding all dwarves in comfort, and having a ridiculous permanent loop food, clothing etc. industry. Coupled with the fact I found a savannah where it always seems to rain, on the balance of biomes with Deep Metals and Shallow Metals, plus no aquifer, sand and clay, and a hell of a lot of limestone, I've got a feeling this is going to go well. Shame about the lack of a volcano. XD

On the metal front, struck huge amounts of tetrahedrite already, but I know there's at least 1 more new shallow metal, possibly more.
(1 biome deeps and shallows, 1 biome deep and shallow)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Neopolis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Dwarfornia
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 10:43:10 am »

Want to be truely hardcore? Make the original 7 the hotel staff. All the others will have all their labours disabled.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:46:39 am »

If you find iron and/or cassiterite, would you consider posting your embark in the worldgen thread?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 11:19:10 am »

Embark as a save or a seed or what? I've not got an original save... there should be at least 2 shallow metals, possibly 3 or more. I'm hoping for iron, copper and tin, but you never get what you want eh.

As for the original 7, too late. Lost track who was who. XD

I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 11:35:11 am »

I mean the world gen parameters that can be generated in Legends mode.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 11:52:23 am »

Ah yes, I'll keep an eye out for iron.

We suffered a vulture attack (oh noes!) and they beat up the dogs a bit, but we've got a LOT of vulture bone and turtle shell crafts. Bought out the dwarven caravan's booze and food, plus anything else I thought'd be useful, and we're still loaded with crafts. Soon I'll have to start decorating bone crafts with bone, with bone bits on the decoration and a shell on that and put it in a big big bone decorated shell container full of bones and shells. Or something.

<3 turtles.

Other than that, 18 dorfs, 40 odd bedrooms (all with limestone doors, nice wood beds and a cabinet, so far), and constructing a big dining room. Currently all my crafting stuff is outside in a big sticky mess.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 02:48:43 pm »

No iron yet... scared.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 03:11:00 pm »

Just struck Sphalerite... so, with 2 biomes one being singular and one being plural, 2 is the minimum number of different minerals we could have...

Now I'd be happy with tin and copper, or with iron and anything else... but tin and zinc, what the hell am I meant to do with this!? At least I've got silver too, actually. Shame DFHack doesn't work.

EDIT: Have copper, not tin. -.-
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:18:26 pm by EmperorJon »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »

Crossbows.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 04:57:56 pm »

What's wrong with inefficient? I always give my dwarfs 3x3 bedrooms, and usually I have 50 idle dwarfs (out of 80 civilians).They only time they actually do something is when I order them to smooth the sewers or when I replace the dirt around my stockpiles with block walls and floors.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 05:02:04 pm »

I'm not arming everyone with copper crossbows lol

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 02:17:46 am »

Then you will die!

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 02:41:31 am »

Then you will die!
Well he's gonna die eventually anyways...

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 02:48:46 am »

Copper + zinc = Brass

Brass furniture?

Unfrozen Caveman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 04:54:48 am »

So you can't make brass weapons?  Would they actually be worse than copper?  I'd think they'd be an improvement, but I honestly don't know.  I should know this, as I'm a machinist, but we don't do a lot of brass or copper stuff.  Mostly we work with aluminum, stainless steel, and alloy steels. Sometimes we get to play with magnesium or titanium, but we almost never see yellow metal.
Pages: [1] 2 3